Social Media Luke Keary

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Oloapu needs a mentor similar to Maloney and Cleary. Burton is still learning the game.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as his concussion status doesn't exclude him from medical retirement, I don't see how there's any risk here to us.

Plenty of benefit though. Top shelf half for as long as he's healthy and in addition to his contributions on the field, he would bring a wealth of knowledge and experience from one of the best and most succesful systems in rugby league which would be an incredible benefit for all the young playmakers currently working towards FG.

If he continues to experience head injuries and it's not safe to play, he retires and his salary goes off the books.

Am I missing something here, how is he not the perfect addition so long as we can afford him??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as his concussion status doesn't exclude him from medical retirement, I don't see how there's any risk here to us.

Plenty of benefit though. Top shelf half for as long as he's healthy and in addition to his contributions on the field, he would bring a wealth of knowledge and experience from one of the best and most succesful systems in rugby league which would be an incredible benefit for all the young playmakers currently working towards FG.

If he continues to experience head injuries and it's not safe to play, he retires and his salary goes off the books.

Am I missing something here, how is he not the perfect addition so long as we can afford him??
The problem is if he suffers from multiple short term concussions and misses several games several times in the season. Contractually the way around that would be, in the guise of looking after his health, to have a clause that requires him to medially retire if he misses, or is recommended by a doctor to miss, X number of games. If he signs it with that clause included then we are covered, if he won't then we don't sign him.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The problem is if he suffers from multiple short term concussions and misses several games several times in the season. Contractually the way around that would be, in the guise of looking after his health, to have a clause that requires him to medially retire if he misses, or is recommended by a doctor to miss, X number of games. If he signs it with that clause included then we are covered, if he won't then we don't sign him.

Always a Bulldog
Agree. Sweeten the pot with a club role, post medical retirement if that is required. Can't see this signing as anything but positive and opportunistic.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a thread on this about a month ago or more. I did not mention the name of the player and only said Roosters player, but yes it's Keary.

Apparently the Roosters want to get RTS (which has been leaked as a rumor to the media) and shift either Teddy or Manu to 5/8. I have no idea if this is true, but just through it out here as a rumor in case someone has heard the same thing. Again, I do not know how these things work here in this forum but I am quickly learning that a lot of people take this stuff was too personal and serious and some think they are the beez neez. I don't want to step on anyones toes. I just want to talk footy and share any info if I get it with a bunch of Dogs supporters that would be keen to read it.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah twisted gun. I would be shocked if Flagoflop had a blinder.

Sorry OldDogFan I couldn't help myself :grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keary on one leg and half a dozen head knocks is head, shoulders, knees and toes :grinning: above Flano!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The people entertaining the idea of Keary have a huge agenda against Flanagan.

It's like some sort of hell bent agenda similar to Putin, no matter what the facts are, the blinding agenda is causing a lack of clarity.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I made a thread on this about a month ago or more. I did not mention the name of the player and only said Roosters player, but yes it's Keary.

Apparently the Roosters want to get RTS (which has been leaked as a rumor to the media) and shift either Teddy or Manu to 5/8. I have no idea if this is true, but just through it out here as a rumor in case someone has heard the same thing. Again, I do not know how these things work here in this forum but I am quickly learning that a lot of people take this stuff was too personal and serious and some think they are the beez neez. I don't want to step on anyones toes. I just want to talk footy and share any info if I get it with a bunch of Dogs supporters that would be keen to read it.
if they are getting RTS someone has to go, they cant afford all of them

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The last time I had hard nipples it was about -6⁰ C and they stuck out like .303 bullets, and had nothing to do with being excited I can assure you.
That's why you need the 'gun in your life. All the nipple stiffness, none of the frostbite, baby!