Two of the six members of our “leadership group” have never played FG for the bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's the definition of a losing culture. It's better to win at any cost than to lose at all. That's always been the Bulldog way. Sorry that Gus and Ciraldo will make us competitive again. You'll always have memories of the glory years of Flanagan, Elliott and Okunbur etc
I’m all for doing most things to win, but embracing a culture of shit haircuts is a step too far.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At this stage I feel that should @Flanagun start saying positive things about the Dogs, we will be doomed to 13th place or something. Call me superstitious, but as things now stand, the Universe itself needs the Dogs to do well this season, purely to stick the cosmic middle finger to all of the concepts that have so far been proposed, and hopefully will continue to be proposed.

Keep going @Flanagun and keep being creatively negative, pretty soon the Universe will demand that we win the GF.
I love your optimism, baby!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau has played in the last 3 GF’s in a row and is a 2 x premiership winning player …

Mahoney just helped steer his team to the GF last season … Both players have been playing finals footy for what, the last 4 or 5 seasons?

Meanwhile we’ve been getting the spoon and trying to avoid last place …

Are you questioning these players leadership qualities ?
Yes..I think he is :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our culture has been shit for years, who wants to continue that
A good coach with some bulldogs pedigree and a clue could fix that. We don’t need all these Penrith and Parra Bozos.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am questioning their ability to understand our culture with no first grade games for us. You shouldn’t just be able to walk straight into the captaincy at a new club.
Might as well tell Ciraldo not to coach first grade until he understands our culture as an assistant coach first.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is this **** of a thread going to hit 5 pages!!

Just stop replying people. It’s bait!!
Ffs… can’t I even express an opinion without it being called bait?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brisbane snd the Tits missed the finals, so may not be the best examples.
Poor comeback, but I’ll accept it. But, on your original argument about culture and understanding the clubs history blah blah blah, don’t forget, we missed the finals also, and we had a skipper who bled blue and white, oozed the bulldogs DNA and understood to culture with +200 games.

Look at your argument again about club captain needs to play X amount of games to lead a team to glory, DCE didn’t make the finals, he’s played 10yrs for Manly, is the QLD and was the incumbent Aus No.7 and they missed the finals under his leadership. Hunt has been at the dragons for years now, was the Dally M favourite and all those games in the red v he couldn’t drag the team to the finals.

Again, I’ll go back to my original statement, it’s about the best man/men for the job. By your logic, if Cam Smith rocked up to a new team during his career, he would make a poor captains choice in that first year, that’s absolutely laughable.