News Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A blind man could see Jacko’s body was giving up.
Buzz’s problem isn’t him retiring early it’s he knows the dogs are on the up and will now sign another big name player

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets never question Jacksons loyalty and toughness...nor his right to make up his own decision to retire.

Copped plenty of concussions in his career and maybe Buzz, just maybe, it is not only the physical toll on the guys body that prompted his decision to finish his playing career. I am pretty sure that someone who has a degree in Sports science would know just how dangerous continued trauma to the brain is..cut the crap and stop being salty at the club...we all know you hate Phil Gould and we all know just how much you like to put the boot in.

Let me remind you of the premiership year ( that never should have been ) where your club was over the cap during the year and in previous years even self reporting the fact themselves... until miraculously come Grand Final day everything was hey presto all clear....even thought they were penalised in the following years with a reduction on their cap spending but were okay to have their premiership kept in tact..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would understand if a player had a second job while he was playing, as a way of paying him more than the cap amount while he played, but if the player is not playing any more, what business is it of the NRL where they work. The most important thing to the NRL should be the value of the top 30 players at any given time. And thats it. If a teams top 30 available players are under the cap, thats all that matters imo

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Atleast 10 other players and/or there family has done this without a single word.............

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield

Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal.

The Bulldogs are furiously denying any suggestions that the retirement of club legend Josh Jackson was done to ease salary cap pressure.
It’s an interesting one because their general manager of football Phil Gould has to shed players at Belmore even with Jackson’s $650,000 contract coming out of the salary cap.
The likes of Luke Thompson, Corey Allan and Kyle Flanagan are in the firing line.
The Bulldogs have added Billy Kikau (Panthers), Reed Mahoney (Eels), Ryan Sutton (Raiders), Andrew Davey (Sea Eagles), Hayze Perham and Franklin Pele (Cronulla) and Jacob Preston (Roosters).
They cannot have more than 30 players registered.
This is a situation the NRL will no doubt be monitoring. It’s a little bit murky because not even CEO Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury know exactly where their cap sits. They leave it all to Gus.

The Bulldogs are saying Jackson made the decision to retire and insist he wasn’t pushed. That after 11 seasons and 241 games his body could not cope with another 12 months of body contact.
It’s a huge call on his behalf to give up a wage of $650,000. It also gets tricky because Canterbury wants to give Jackson a job. He has a degree in exercise science.

Rival clubs are watching this one closely.
We’ve seen it happen before where clubs have encouraged players to retire to ease pressure on the salary cap and then employ them elsewhere in the business.

Clubs need the NRL’s permission to do so.
If it's medical retirement, they still get paid. Jacko supposedly has foregone his contract money. But there's never a fucking peep about this when other clubs get medical retirements and the retired player then pops up to play elsewhere.

I doubt Rothfield will ever have a home on whote island. Who'd pay for that.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This ****.
Sais nothing when its Roosters but any opportunity to have a dig at us and yeah we know the drill.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A blind man could see Jacko’s body was giving up.
Buzz’s problem isn’t him retiring early it’s he knows the dogs are on the up and will now sign another big name player
Yep he is just priming/fabricating shit so when we do sign a high profile player he can really lay the boot in. He's a parasite.
Actually its interesting cheezledick can sign a acontract worth less his market value (his words) with the chooks yet no beat up yet this cockhead is already fabricating shit for an expose down the line.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take a moment and remember - Rothfield has never played a game of football in his life, nor run a football club, nor been in a position to know ANYTHING about financials.

He thrives and survives purely off making shit up.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would understand if a player had a second job while he was playing, as a way of paying him more than the cap amount while he played, but if the player is not playing any more, what business is it of the NRL where they work. The most important thing to the NRL should be the value of the top 30 players at any given time. And thats it. If a teams top 30 available players are under the cap, thats all that matters imo
I disagree. There shouldn't even be a salary cap. Pay whatever you can afford & introduce a transfer system to allow clubs to make money to use on paying players.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Jackson has simply retired his body and mind aren't there for another season at the top level, who cares if he gets a job at the club, his got accreditation in sports science why can't he use it
Your best and most accurate post ever, 100% agree Dave (which in its self scares the f---K out of me)

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson has simply retired his body and mind aren't there for another season at the top level, who cares if he gets a job at the club, his got accreditation in sports science why can't he use it
Still waiting for Fitler and Slater to be announced as coaches and Woods and Klemmer joining. Any updates?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn Rothfield is a clown. This **** knows nothing and writes bullshit. I can't wait to see his face when Gus takes us back to the top

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson has physically carried the side for years. It's obvious another season was going to be too much for him.
And, as far as I know, he hasn't sent dick picks to women he's just met or beaten his de facto.
In fact he seems to have been spending his spare time getting a university degree instead.
If the Bulldogs are prepared to offer a retired player like Jackson a non-salary cap job, and someone has a problem, well we have non-salary cap lawyers as well.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I disagree. There shouldn't even be a salary cap. Pay whatever you can afford & introduce a transfer system to allow clubs to make money to use on paying players.
honestly what a stupid call, stick to soccer because thats what we would have. The same teams winning every year one of your worst call fraudy

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
honestly what a stupid call, stick to soccer because thats what we would have. The same teams winning every year one of your worst call fraudy
Genuinely laugh and cringe every time he thinks he has a banger take lmfao.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Genuinely laugh and cringe every time he thinks he has a banger take lmfao.
i dont he has ever taken the league field in his life from the rubbish he talks and the sad fact is that he thinks he is better than everyone else, hilarious