Any More BIG NAME signings before season '23?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think it is either TBH.
I know we’ve talked with him 100%
Not 100% if he’ll be signed though. You know how it goes, unless it’s announced then….
Well Xerri is suspended until next November so there's plenty of time for things to change I guess. I just don't want Crichton...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe so, he hasn't been Top 30 with us for 8 years and wasn't Developed by us. His first NRL game for the Warriors was in 2015, so he has a couple more years yet to make the 10 years.

"Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game"

I don't think we have anyone that qualifies so that's $500k (the 2023 RLPA long term player demand) we miss out on with Jacko retiring.

Always a Bulldog
Klemmer would qualify if he came back for next year under the 10 years top 30. Made his debut for us in 2013 round 1 so would have been top 30. Reynolds too but he'll be on minimum wage so that would be a waste. Say the Knights put in 200K for 2023. We pay him 600K (free up 600K for Knights). That's only 400k on our cap - 100K less than Jacko (on cap)

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What about Vunivalu?Need a big strong winger to carry the ball back. Push Kiraz into the centres.
He wants to stay in rugby for the WC, I think that's late next year?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Xerri would be a smart gamble. We know he has the talent, he's still young and would come cheap. If not for anything else, it would keep Schoupp, Alamoti etc. on their toes.

And if we're still playing shit then at least we know where we can score some gear from.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do u reckon if we played him at second rower ? He could play less minutes and sub with RFM. Could play a luke Thompson kind of role.
Second rower means more tackling. That is not his long suit.
I have a sneaky feeling the Spencer Leinu may be on the roster in 2024.