Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A great club man, and I think this decision proves it again. He has been a true professional and bleeds blue and white, does the dirty work, and at one stage of his career he was arguably the best 2nd row in the game. He’ll be missed for the little things he does on the paddock, the 40+ tackles and the clean up areas most supporters miss. BUT, he is definitely past his best and if we spend the cap space wisely then I’m ok with it. The true supporters, let’s get to the first home game and stand up and be loud in our appreciation for Jacko, he deserves it.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
gonna need someone else to make the tackles like Jackson does each game next year considering we dont really have anyone who can make 40 plus tackles each wk apart from mahoney

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you JJ a true Bulldogs club man, icon of the game who has inspired many young players.
You’ve led by example and your professionalism and dedication will be missed.

Thankyou for your service to the team, the club and the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
gonna need someone else to make the tackles like Jackson does each game next year considering we dont really have anyone who can make 40 plus tackles each wk apart from mahoney
King already does better than Jackson in that regard.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fukn big surprise here. One of my favourite players between 2012-2017. Good luck to him

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Uncle Gus… enough said :p
We just found another $650k hmmmm

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.

I mean didn’t see that this year.

Firstly thank you Jackson. You have been the ultimate professional. Both on and off the field.

I dare struggle to list another that would be held as someone who has shown the same love and loyalty to our club the last decade or two.

In years guys like mason, sbw, barba etc broke our heart and guys like Reynolds, Ennis, graham got moved on or let go you stood tall and no doubt effected your personal achievements in rep footy and premierships.

It no doubt took a toll on your body in the role you played for us too.

In your prime you where truly underrated and one of the elite forwards in the game.

That said I believe he’s once again put the club first here. He is no doubt aware he is no longer that player. Father Time, injuries and the games changes have played a part. He’s no doubt stepping aside from a very large contract and allowing the club to speed up the rebuild. To me it says so much about his character and love and loyalty to the dogs. A lot of people say he should retire or do this or that if he loved us. How many would walk from a 600-700k contract? This bloke has. No doubt he’s getting looked after but this just speaks volume of his character to me.

Super excited to see how we use this cap space now! Surely something big coming!!!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A big thank you for a great servant of our club. Wish him well in his future endeavours .
Nobody can ever doubt or question his commitment when he put the jersey on.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy retirement Josh Jackson, you’ve deserved it. Well played buddy and thank you for the many memories.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wish he could of gone around one more year to enjoy some success. He always gave everything he had a true bulldog. If we had 17 Josh Jackson’s we would never lose a game. Easily my favourite player from last few years. Best of luck.