News DES SACKED: Manly axe club legend

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Haslers only remaining coaching options Super League or North Narrabeen under 12's

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Takes Hasler about 5 years to totally destroy a club. Wonder if any other club will take the risk on him in future.
The parallels with the Dogs are remarkable. Go really well in the first year, then a steady decline as Des has more say in recruiting and training. Eventually his contract is terminated, and he sues the club for one million dollars.

I doubt any other club will touch him.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this the first year he went back and did well with a poo roster he would resign screw there roster which will come out in months to come and it would be a shit show the guys a fraud his style has been surpassed it was turbos brilliance that made them do well apart from that there shit house and sucked in. Watch him sue them now and watch tight ass penn cry poor

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler pockets another $1m.

Always a Bulldog
Not so sure....
For Hasler to have secured another year, he had to see Manly overtake Roosters for that 6th spot. Roosters finished with a wet sail. Manly may have made the top 8 but without Turbo were on a hiding to nothing.

I don't think Des had a strong enough case, especially with the poor record without Tommy. Manly will pay him out the 450k for next year or might even claim Des was not a "team" player and is sacked on grounds that he is unwilling to work with other employees.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The most bizarre thing was Foran playing out of his skin for 2 seasons straight. He outplayed DCE for two years on a bargain price.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The funniest had to be Hasler locking them out of the dressing sheds. Now he will sue them and hustle every last dollar from the dumb arse owners.