Fox Sports RTS to return to the NRL in 2023.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
RTS was great in 2013 and 2015... in a Roosters team that was over the salary cap. He then went to the Warriors and look how great he was. He helped the Warriors miss out on the finals 3/4 times.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RTS was great in 2013 and 2015... in a Roosters team that was over the salary cap. He then went to the Warriors and look how great he was. He helped the Warriors miss out on the finals 3/4 times.
Ummm ok, RTS stats were as good as Tedescos even while playing for the Warriors .. clearly RTS wasn’t the issue at the Warriors.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a great defender and puts his body on the line. Would drastically improve our side, only downside is he has been away from league and his ball playing was always limited... But still a gun.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RTS is exactly what the dogs need! Experience, leadership qualities and good player to boot. Common Gus. Surprise us with this one
How old is RTS? I don't know whether he has the work ethic to be the fullback we need. we needa Gutherson type of fullback who is always sniffing around and can ball play and is defensively sound...not sure if RTS is the fullback for our team

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How old is RTS? I don't know whether he has the work ethic to be the fullback we need. we needa Gutherson type of fullback who is always sniffing around and can ball play and is defensively sound...not sure if RTS is the fullback for our team
gutho doesnt tie up RTS laces imo

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RTS late 20’s piggy. I’ve never seen an issue with his effort areas tbh works hard off the ball. Support play good.
Gutho goes ok but can’t see why he would leave the Eels

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lost a lot of his attacking ability towards the end of his career at the Warriors (still decent, quality even) but defensively and off the ball he was elite.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think hell be a centre now
Unless he's chasing the biggeat salary then this makes the most sense. Return to a top team and play centre/wing rather than trying to transition back to fullback at this stage of his career.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t see our club making a play for RTS… we are still paying some freight for Nic Cotric ffs at the Raiders next year & I think I read somewhere part of Naden’s freight too at Waste Tigers

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RTS to Easts
Teddy to Balmain

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unless he's chasing the biggeat salary then this makes the most sense. Return to a top team and play centre/wing rather than trying to transition back to fullback at this stage of his career.
mate he is 29? he wont need any time to transition back to fullback

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t see our club making a play for RTS… we are still paying some freight for Nic Cotric ffs at the Raiders next year & I think I read somewhere part of Naden’s freight too at Waste Tigers
Yeah I can't see it either, but would love to be wrong as I've always been a huge fan of RTS.

I think Gus is more likely to spend big on a halfback than a fullback.. I think we're more likely to try and sign a cheaper fullback like Lachie Miller than a superstar like RTS that would cost 800k or more.