Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Disney Plus, Thor Love & Thunder is on Disney plus today. Not the best Marvel movie but I enjoyed it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Loophole? You're joking, right?

Are you secretly one of those American rednecks that thinks that everyone in the bible was white?
I thought there were no white dudes back then...

They were all my sexy skin colour lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surfing 7plus last nite as I sometimes watch Mate...and came across Turner and Hooch showing on 7flix thought I'd select it for a while, ended up watching the whole thing again.
Good laugh those disgusting slobber scenes never get old and that mutt was a fucking hero i'm telling Youse :hearteyes:

Also "watched" Dune but not sure how much of it I put some shows in for background noise and dink about on my phone etc, but was definitely not my cuppa tea ie have zero idea of the plot even my bad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of the white American Jesus...

I finally watched the first 2 episodes of Rings of Power. So far I'm enjoying it. The cinematography and music is good. Very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. And as I'm not a sexist, I'm not upset that there's a strong woman in it. As I'm not a racist, I'm not upset that there's black elves. Seriously. If you're upset there's black elves then you may as well put on that white hood and start burning those crosses.

All that said, yeah. There's issues. The writing isn't great. Some of the lines feel like they were written by a 3 year old. But overall the show is still enjoyable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh. Don't know if I mentioned this because right now I'm not sure what day it is, but... She-Hulk is a terrible show. Really just terrible. Which is unfortunate because the main star is Tatiana Maslany. Other than being georgous, she's a really good actress. Her work on Orphan Black is taught in film school. So this show just undercuts all the great work she has done.

Anyways. I haven't slept for nearly a week and the latest episode is out so the logical thing would be to get some sleep. So instead I'm going to watch the latest episode, that I'm fully expecting to be terrible.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright. I know I was harsh. She-Hulk has been pretty average so far but now I have finally watched the 4th episode and I have to say that I was mistaken. This show isn't bad. It's really, really terrible. Honestly. I hate this show. I don't hate anything, but I actually hate this show.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Alright. I know I was harsh. She-Hulk has been pretty average so far but now I have finally watched the 4th episode and I have to say that I was mistaken. This show isn't bad. It's really, really terrible. Honestly. I hate this show. I don't hate anything, but I actually hate this show.
Does titiana make it worth watching at least?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does titiana make it worth watching at least?
No. It makes me dislike Tatiana and that's pretty much unforgivable. Honestly. They've turned her into a terrible character.

You either get her in human form being a weirdly out of place character, or you get her in Hulk form with some of the worst CGI I've seen in years.

Top this with the worst writing I have seen in years.... It just makes me angry that this show exists

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No. It makes me dislike Tatiana and that's pretty much unforgivable. Honestly. They've turned her into a terrible character.

You either get her in human form being a weirdly out of place character, or you get her in Hulk form with some of the worst CGI I've seen in years.

Top this with the worst writing I have seen in years.... It just makes me angry that this show exists
And you wouldn’t like Hacky when he’s angry… lol Hulk fans will get that.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of the white American Jesus...

I finally watched the first 2 episodes of Rings of Power. So far I'm enjoying it. The cinematography and music is good. Very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. And as I'm not a sexist, I'm not upset that there's a strong woman in it. As I'm not a racist, I'm not upset that there's black elves. Seriously. If you're upset there's black elves then you may as well put on that white hood and start burning those crosses.

All that said, yeah. There's issues. The writing isn't great. Some of the lines feel like they were written by a 3 year old. But overall the show is still enjoyable.
What are your thought on the Irish accented light hobbits mixed with the southern accented dark Hobbits?

Personally i found it refreshingly comedic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What are your thought on the Irish accented light hobbits mixed with the southern accented dark Hobbits?

Personally i found it refreshingly comedic.
Honestly the whole thing takes many liberties. LOTR was meant to be based on medieval Europe but medieval European Orcs look nothing like that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get my head around why everyone is so upset about black elves and hobbits, but no one cared when Jackson made them all white.

I could understand if the law said that each race always lived in its own village in the same climate. Then it wouldn't make sense. But Middle Earth was effectively its own world with different races spread out all around, and many races migrating from other lands. So it makes sense that just like humans, they would also respond to micro-evolutionary pressures.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get my head around why everyone is so upset about black elves and hobbits, but no one cared when Jackson made them all white.

I could understand if the law said that each race always lived in its own village in the same climate. Then it wouldn't make sense. But Middle Earth was effectively its own world with different races spread out all around, and many races migrating from other lands. So it makes sense that just like humans, they would also respond to micro-evolutionary pressures.
As a huge lotr fan and for lack of a better word a generally traditional guy, I have no issues with strong female roles and black characters etc… for example, I fkn love house of the dragon and rhaenyra. It’s all good in the hood when the main idea is still to tell a good story. And I guess these two universes are quiet comparative studies. No one complained when Cersei was the baddest in the universe because the writing was impeccable (hint it was almost identical writing to the book).

I guess when a particular narrative is forced - particularly regarding a story a lot of people grew up reading and watching, it’s not going to be received all that well. Tbh I’m more annoyed at some other liberties the show runners have taken that go against tolkiens work - certain characters being the wrong age etc…

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a huge lotr fan and for lack of a better word a generally traditional guy, I have no issues with strong female roles and black characters etc… for example, I fkn love house of the dragon and rhaenyra. It’s all good in the hood when the main idea is still to tell a good story. And I guess these two universes are quiet comparative studies. No one complained when Cersei was the baddest in the universe because the writing was impeccable (hint it was almost identical writing to the book).

I guess when a particular narrative is forced - particularly regarding a story a lot of people grew up reading and watching, it’s not going to be received all that well. Tbh I’m more annoyed at some other liberties the show runners have taken that go against tolkiens work - certain characters being the wrong age etc…
Yeah, that makes sense. The show doesn't have the best writing behind it. The Galadriel stuff makes sense from a lore standpoint, because the books mention that she was basically a Warrior and leader of armies. But the show pulls out some cringe moments around it. Like the snow troll reverse damsel in distress thing.