Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ronaldo played just 1 half in the friendly against Rayo Vallecano . He didn’t even wait for the match to finish and left Old Trafford before the final whistle.
Club Legend.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He wants out
Ha. Didn't see that. Legit tho?

Feel United are going in the right direction and will surprise a few people this year. But, keeping Ronaldo and getting whiskey nose back into the fold is a big fail for me

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ronaldo played just 1 half in the friendly against Rayo Vallecano . He didn’t even wait for the match to finish and left Old Trafford before the final whistle.
Club Legend.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He wants out
If your guna post stuff at least research it
Another 6 plus players left with him under instructions from united
Including de gea Dalot etc, I know you like banter
But posting straight up rubbish from a tabloid
Surely you boys are smarter than that?
If your guna banter atleast be good at it….
Just tell em there shit, coz that’s the truth not this tabloid headline grabbing rubbish

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha. Didn't see that. Legit tho?

Feel United are going in the right direction and will surprise a few people this year. But, keeping Ronaldo and getting whiskey nose back into the fold is a big fail for me
Hey mate.

IF we make two or three good signings we might surprise.

At present we have holes all over the place and ZERO depth in the forward line and mids. Basically only kids as back up, although some are talented.

Have been impressed at what Ten Hag is trying to implement.

I do know you guys will be up against a much different style of play from United than what we have dished up in recent years.

Look forward to round three.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey mate.

IF we make two or three good signings we might surprise.

At present we have holes all over the place and ZERO depth in the forward line and mids. Basically only kids as back up, although some are talented.

Have been impressed at what Ten Hag is trying to implement.

I do know you guys will be up against a much different style of play from United than what we have dished up in recent years.

Look forward to round three.
I think you guys will surprise a lot the first half of the year but will die a bit the 2nd half due to a lack of squad depth.

If I were you mate I'd be excited. Honestly. A together squad means more than a squad full of stars.

You'll do alright.

What's your take on the whole Ronaldo thing?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you guys will surprise a lot the first half of the year but will die a bit the 2nd half due to a lack of squad depth.

If I were you mate I'd be excited. Honestly. A together squad means more than a squad full of stars.

You'll do alright.

The De Jong thing is an example. You've chosen your target and are focused on getting him. I like that tbh. Shows you've done your homework

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'll do alright.

I don't care for the guy to be honest.

As soon as he arrived last season the spirit in the joint went to the shitter.

Obviously one of the greatest players of all time, but apart from some good goals here and there his performances in general were average in my view.

I think we are better off without him.

A real Prima Donna.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'll do alright.

You must be pretty excited for the upcoming season.

How do you rate your new signing Nunez ?

Expect him to start from the get go ?

OFF TOPIC.

What are your thoughts regarding the Bulldogs ?

They are playing some good footy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't care for the guy to be honest.

As soon as he arrived last season the spirit in the joint went to the shitter.

Obviously one of the greatest players of all time, but apart from some good goals here and there his performances in general were average in my view.

I think we are better off without him.

A real Prima Donna.
Actually agree with you and him staying an extra year after all he's done to move surely can't be a good thing for you?

Actually surprised he hasn't been called out more by United supporters on here, as his push to leave surely had a massive impact on your transfer strategy also?

If I were you I'd be filthy he's back at the club. Maybe he bags some goals, but can't see how he's helping you long-term

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like you guys did with Van Dijk.
Hard to see where your conversation is with De Jong. But, considering you've waited so long you'd expect that he's shown a heap that he wants to play for you?

Just feel United supporters need to relax a little and trust the process. You seem to be finally identifying top targets and going for them rather than the scattergun approach of the past.

Means you'll miss a few but I the long-term only the right players for your club and system will join which is a good thing?

Also think a number of your players will improve massively under the new manager. Too much focus on who you haven't signed when I think you'll be ok.

Top 4 will be a push, especially with Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs all strengthening but let's wait and see.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

OFF TOPIC.

Yeah, definitely pumped for the new season.

Nunez? Needs time and patience, just with any new signings. Feel his different style of play will work wonders for our team, especially Salah. He needs time tho, which many apparently don't want to give him ...

I think against lower teams he'll start, but United Bobby will start.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

OFF TOPIC.

The Dogs? Obviously don't get to watch full games like all of you, so can't comment on the finer aspects of the game.

Great that we're playing a more attacking style of play and the players are seemingly being given more freedom to play to their strengths. Always a good thing.

Enjoying everything going on behind the scenes. Seems to be a clear strategy and focus on following our vision for the club. Getting rid of Deadwood is always nice to see.

I'm definitely excited for the club. Still need a lot of patience as we're still a long way off where we need to be, but the signs are definitely a lot better.

Hopefully with the new coach coming in things will go from strength to strength?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually agree with you and him staying an extra year after all he's done to move surely can't be a good thing for you?

Actually surprised he hasn't been called out more by United supporters on here, as his push to leave surely had a massive impact on your transfer strategy also?

If I were you I'd be filthy he's back at the club. Maybe he bags some goals, but can't see how he's helping you long-term
Emotion gets in the way of a lot of fans.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep ... try getting me to say something bad about Terry Lamb !

I think it was a bad decision for both United and Ronaldo.
Haha don't you DARE say a bad think about Terry!

Oh, I get it. I would've been the same as he was seen as the great hope, so it's natural people got swept away in it all.

Just feel United is clinging too much to the past. You need to rewrite your future rather than building a copy of what worked in the past.

Ronaldo and Fergie shouldn't be anywhere near the place imo. It's not fair on the new manager having those 2 hanging over him