Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha don't you DARE say a bad think about Terry!

Oh, I get it. I would've been the same as he was seen as the great hope, so it's natural people got swept away in it all.

Just feel United is clinging too much to the past. You need to rewrite your future rather than building a copy of what worked in the past.

Ronaldo and Fergie shouldn't be anywhere near the place imo. It's not fair on the new manager having those 2 hanging over him
Was a bit swept away myself at first, but it didn't take long to realise that he was affecting the dressing room. Not saying it was his fault, but a rift was apparent, and our season went from bad to worse.

Totally agree about Fergie.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was a bit swept away myself at first, but it didn't take long to realise that he was affecting the dressing room. Not saying it was his fault, but a rift was apparent, and our season went from bad to worse.

Totally agree about Fergie.
Rifts happen. Last year is last year.

Just surprised you're continuing with him there. That's the surprise to me considering how destructive he's been in the offseason

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If your guna post stuff at least research it
Another 6 plus players left with him under instructions from united
Including de gea Dalot etc, I know you like banter
But posting straight up rubbish from a tabloid
Surely you boys are smarter than that?
If your guna banter atleast be good at it….
Just tell em there shit, coz that’s the truth not this tabloid headline grabbing rubbish
You've been quiet mate?

Thought you may like this

“Unacceptable. For everyone – I told them that it's unacceptable. That we are a team, a squad. And that you should stay until the end.”

– Erik Ten Hag on Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Old Trafford early.

Think people, and rightly so, hold Ronaldo up to higher standards especially after he's spent the preseason trying to force a move away.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You've been quiet mate?

Thought you may like this

“Unacceptable. For everyone – I told them that it's unacceptable. That we are a team, a squad. And that you should stay until the end.”

– Erik Ten Hag on Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Old Trafford early.

Think people, and rightly so, hold Ronaldo up to higher standards especially after he's spent the preseason trying to force a move away.
There go those tabloids again making things up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Everybody knows that they weren’t given permission to leave early for the simple fact it’s no a good look. Ten Haag did not give them permission to leave, nor did anybody else.
Ronaldo is trying to push a transfer through ( club legend who loves the club remember) and decided to fuck offend take a couple of sheep with him.
He does not want to be there, he wants to go and play for a club that is a CL participant. He also doesn’t see eye to eye with Ten Haag me thinks .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There go those tabloids again making things up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Everybody knows that they weren’t given permission to leave early for the simple fact it’s no a good look. Ten Haag did not give them permission to leave, nor did anybody else.
Ronaldo is trying to push a transfer through ( club legend who loves the club remember) and decided to fuck offend take a couple of sheep with him.
He does not want to be there, he wants to go and play for a club that is a CL participant. He also doesn’t see eye to eye with Ten Haag me thinks .
Those tabloids ....

United are mad for welcoming back into the fold. Goes against everything Ten Haag is trying to build.

That last part is my opinion btw @Paul Depodesta just so you know

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Find the views of many United supporters utterly bizarre.

Everything is being put at the feet of the owners for apparently not supporting the manager. Really?

So, it's best for United to go back to the days of bringing in Lukaku, Pogba, Maguire, Ronaldo etc etc.? Failure after failure of a transfer all paying overs whether it be on fee or transfers.

If you want to buck this trend then it's going to take a few windows at least of showing the footballing world you're not mugs anymore, and you're being selective with your purchases.

Why the uproar against the owners? Why now when they're finally trying to do the right thing?

Where was this backlash last summer when you were once against wasting money on Varane and Ronaldo? Sancho was way way too expensive also but he may still come good.

And where is the backlash against Ronaldo? Considering he's played you lot as fools, and continues to do so. Absolutely knee capped new management before a ball has even been kicked.

You lot are a weird bunch. At least @billy beane calls it how it is! But I forgot, he's a troll ...

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Everything is being put at the feet of the owners for apparently not supporting the manager. Really?

So, it's best for United to go back to the days of bringing in Lukaku, Pogba, Maguire, Ronaldo etc etc.? Failure after failure of a transfer all paying overs whether it be on fee or transfers.

If you want to buck this trend then it's going to take a few windows at least of showing the footballing world you're not mugs anymore, and you're being selective with your purchases.

Why the uproar against the owners? Why now when they're finally trying to do the right thing?

Where was this backlash last summer when you were once against wasting money on Varane and Ronaldo? Sancho was way way too expensive also but he may still come good.

And where is the backlash against Ronaldo? Considering he's played you lot as fools, and continues to do so. Absolutely knee capped new management before a ball has even been kicked.

You lot are a weird bunch. At least @billy beane calls it how it is! But I forgot, he's a troll ...
i honestly can't see United getting anywhere close to top 4 this season again unless they miraculously sign some quality players in the remaining weeks of the transfer window

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still hate the owners with a PASSION mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i honestly can't see United getting anywhere close to top 4 this season again unless they miraculously sign some quality players in the remaining weeks of the transfer window
If they get some injuries to key players they could be in trouble.

But, if they remain injury free j think they'll do ok. Top 4 is too big a task imo but maybe?

Any signing they make now will be just like they've done in the past. Panic buys.

Personally, I'd like to see them sign no one and come together as a unit. Be a team. Finally.

If the manager is given the chance, they'll surprise some people imo

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they get some injuries to key players they could be in trouble.

But, if they remain injury free j think they'll do ok. Top 4 is too big a task imo but maybe?

Any signing they make now will be just like they've done in the past. Panic buys.

Personally, I'd like to see them sign no one and come together as a unit. Be a team. Finally.

If the manager is given the chance, they'll surprise some people imo
its all about depth like you said, considering epl is allowing 5 subs this season per game, I just think city and Liverpool will be way ahead of the rest with either chelsea spurs arsenal all fighting for the last 2 spots again.

have to say though with all there money now Newcastles signings have been a bit underwhelming

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ten Hag is going to get exposed in this league, it's going to be a defensive calamity like that Ajax vs Tottenham final where they leaked 3 goals in a matter of minutes.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But ... BUT your owner's did put a lot into your team. The structure under them has been terrible, but to say they haven't supported your managers is crazy. Because they have
They have forked out money no doubt ... but a lot of said money has gone to signing players who have commercial value.

Have said it numerous times ... we buy players to sell shirts much of the time.

Ronaldo being a prime example.

We are a business, not a footy club.

Sad but true.

The fact that the Glaziers are UGLY looking pricks who take dividends half yearly dose not help.

Hopefully Ten Hag can turn things around.

I like what he is trying to implement, and as you say not making RASH signings, but my patience is starting to wain with the season about to start, and us still not having improved our midfield, lacking depth up front, as well as the Ronaldo saga.

Still hoping for FDJ, Anthony from Ajax, and hopefully another mid or right back.

Depth is poor.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have forked out money no doubt ... but a lot of said money has gone to signing players who have commercial value.

Have said it numerous times ... we buy players to sell shirts much of the time.

Ronaldo being a prime example.

We are a business, not a footy club.

Sad but true.

The fact that the Glaziers are UGLY looking pricks who take dividends half yearly dose not help.

Hopefully Ten Hag can turn things around.

I like what he is trying to implement, and as you say not making RASH signings, but my patience is starting to wain with the season about to start, and us still not having improved our midfield, lacking depth up front, as well as the Ronaldo saga.

Still hoping for FDJ, Anthony from Ajax, and hopefully another mid or right back.

Depth is poor.
Issue I see with these late signings is that you'll be taken to the cleaners once again and the whole cycle repeats itself.

Challenging for the title I don't think is possible. Top 4. You'll need some luck imo as you're really light across the park, as you say.

But ... having a decent coach who actually runs the team goes a long way. I personally don't know if Ten Haag is good or not, so we'll see but to me at least it seems as though your players are buying into his approach?

Tho having 6 walk out at halftime, the Ronaldo stuff and Maguire still captain won't make it easy at all.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
its all about depth like you said, considering epl is allowing 5 subs this season per game, I just think city and Liverpool will be way ahead of the rest with either chelsea spurs arsenal all fighting for the last 2 spots again.

have to say though with all there money now Newcastles signings have been a bit underwhelming
I think it's going to be a much harder league. Hardest it's ever been.

Spurs and Arsenal have bought well. Chelsea will be hard to beat. United with new manager.

Will be hard

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Issue I see with these late signings is that you'll be taken to the cleaners once again and the whole cycle repeats itself.

Challenging for the title I don't think is possible. Top 4. You'll need some luck imo as you're really light across the park, as you say.

But ... having a decent coach who actually runs the team goes a long way. I personally don't know if Ten Haag is good or not, so we'll see but to me at least it seems as though your players are buying into his approach?

Tho having 6 walk out at halftime, the Ronaldo stuff and Maguire still captain won't make it easy at all.
Spot on.

Like i mentioned in an earlier post ... you will be seeing a vastly different approach from United this season.

Whether this brings improved form from the likes of Bruno, Rashford and Martial remains to be seen.

Surely they can't be any worse !

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Be super interesting to see how we approach you guys in round three.

Pretty sure you won't be four zip up at half time ... although Maguire will still be there ... FARK. :anguished::anguished::anguished: