Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate it's only pre season

It's nothing but fitness matches

None of these games mean anything
Are you not just a little bit impressed with how United are moving the ball and pressing ?

I am, pre season or not.

We actually look like we have a clue, and give a fuck for a change.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you not just a little bit impressed with how United are moving the ball and pressing ?

I am, pre season or not.

We actually look like we have a clue, and give a fuck for a change.
Doesn't mean anything yet

The player's mentality will only be justified by the end of the season. Whatever the fuck went on in their heads last season resulted in that showing last season.

The fact ten hag has them playing shows that they do have ability but they've betrayed the fans with their weak mentality last season.

So far they've played

1. Liverpool who started their pre-season later, hence aren't as fit and it was their reserves
2. Melbourne victory, enough said
3. Crystal Palace who were missing players because a lot of their first team are unvaccinated and didn't make the trip

So to answer your question, I won't be impressed until we're well into the season because it's not just an ability game (all of the players have ability), what made Steve Bruce or Roy Keane champions was that never say die attitude and they genuinely gave every last drop on that field. This current crop should have pushed further on last season, they crumbled, they've still got a lot to prove

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't mean anything yet

The player's mentality will only be justified by the end of the season. Whatever the fuck went on in their heads last season resulted in that showing last season.

The fact ten hag has them playing shows that they do have ability but they've betrayed the fans with their weak mentality last season.

So far they've played

1. Liverpool who started their pre-season later, hence aren't as fit and it was their reserves
2. Melbourne victory, enough said
3. Crystal Palace who were missing players because a lot of their first team are unvaccinated and didn't make the trip

So to answer your question, I won't be impressed until we're well into the season because it's not just an ability game (all of the players have ability), what made Steve Bruce or Roy Keane champions was that never say die attitude and they genuinely gave every last drop on that field. This current crop should have pushed further on last season, they crumbled, they've still got a lot to prove
Agree .... Many of our squad have much to prove, and the term SNOWFLAKE comes to mind.

I just have been pleasantly surprised at what i have witnessed thus far, irrespective of the opposition.

I like what Ten Hag is trying to implement.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree .... Many of our squad have much to prove, and the term SNOWFLAKE comes to mind.

I just have been pleasantly surprised at what i have witnessed thus far, irrespective of the opposition.

I like what Ten Hag is trying to implement.
You remember that first game Ragnick took over and the team pressed Palace in the 1st half and they looked massively different from before?

These players know how to play, they've played in other teams, they meet up with their international team mates, but the problem is when they throw their toys out of the pram.

Thats why that performance only lasted in the crystal Palace game because there were tensions simmering beneath the surface between the players and this eventually led to turning on Ragnick too.

It became massively toxic

The club putting their faith in ETH and backing him in the transfer window puts existing players on notice. Ie they will be replaced if they don't listen and ETH seems the authoritarian type, his way or the highway

It's the mentality of the players, that can only be proven by the end of the season and its up to ETH to rule with an iron fist

Thats what I've liked most about him so far, hes a perfectionist and there's been moments where his frustrations have been captured on video and he's not afraid to say to the players "what the fuck are you doing?"

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
something isn't quite right at chelsea atm
I would think Tuchel works his players to the limit but lacks the personality of someone like Klopp or Conte to get the players to buy in

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would think Tuchel works his players to the limit but lacks the personality of someone like Klopp or Conte to get the players to buy in
makes sense since he was sacked by both Dortmund and psg in the last 3 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Arsenal have partnered with PRIME hahaha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Missed all the United talk on here. Damn!

Find it interesting seeing some United fans' take on the upcoming season with many already writing it off. Strange?

Especially with full blame for any poor performances already being placed directly at the feet of the owners for not backing the manager.

For an outsider, it finally seems the manager and owners are working together to get the 'right' targets rather than just signing anyone. Why would the fans be upset by that considering their shocking resent record with transfers?

In saying that, bringing Fergie back into the club and keeping Ronaldo seem to be a little bit of history repeating. Would've been better just to have made a clean break imo