Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven’t seen stats for a beginner like that since a young Corey Waddell burst onto the scene
Wonderful player Waddell - Best Buy the club ever made that’s why he’s a permanent fixture in the side week in week out. He’ll be the first player picked for origin next year.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked what I saw from Alamoti in recent seasons and also in the lower level SOO where he fractured his cheekbone that has kept him on the sidelines for a few weeks.

He's due back in the next few weeks and I expect he'll be given some game time for sure.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just went and watched the replay, he went ok but didn’t do a lot barely saw the ball really but showed a few good signs…
some on here getting very carried away though he’s still got a long way to go

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm always happy when we pick up quality that didn't earn their reputation before signing with us. For a long while now I've been hearing numerous stories about how we were offered quality on a platter and never bothered to pick them up. Skelton seems like he might be close to a ready made player.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you have a brain injury?
i thought of all the players Topine was the stand out, the game was shit standard at best with little to no defence, Skeltons try was a pretty soft one yeah he showed some good signs but the way lume lume & Knockonbor played he looked amillion times better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i thought of all the players Topine was the stand out, the game was shit standard at best with little to no defence, Skeltons try was a pretty soft one yeah he showed some good signs but the way lume lume & Knockonbor played he looked amillion times better
Yes Topine was good, but Skelton literally broke tackles at ease and ran for 219m. That's hardly just okay or barely doing a lot lol.

He has only played 180 minutes of football with us and I'm unsure if he's even played much or any rugby league at all yet he has managed to produce 484m and 31 tackle breaks in that time. It might be reserve grade but that's almost unheard even at that level.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes Topine was good, but Skelton literally broke tackles at ease and ran for 219m. That's hardly just okay or barely doing a lot lol.

He has only played 180 minutes of football with us and I'm unsure if he's even played much or any rugby league at all yet he has managed to produce 484m and 31 tackle breaks in that time. It might be reserve grade but that's almost unheard even at that level.
His defence needs work, will be exposed at first grade

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy.

You can skip the first 30mins if you want lol
Up late watching it, very enjoyable from 31st minute! 38 unanswered points are always good.

I don't watch much reggies but firstly yes he looks the goods early doors "Helter", hope he carries this form on and if there is an opportunity a first grade game.

Few observations
Topine was good, looked pacy hit some half gaps well.
Hoffman I have hardly seen he was quite good too, ditto Stuckey as someone else mentioned.
Cameo from Gray was good he looks better than
Cook imo.
Mariota the prop for the Raiders looks a prospect!
Sticky has a 6 foot 4 son umm I saw mummy banging the tall milkman?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up late watching it, very enjoyable from 31st minute! 38 unanswered points are always good.

I don't watch much reggies but firstly yes he looks the goods early doors "Helter", hope he carries this form on and if there is an opportunity a first grade game.

Few observations
Topine was good, looked pacy hit some half gaps well.
Hoffman I have hardly seen he was quite good too, ditto Stuckey as someone else mentioned.
Cameo from Gray was good he looks better than
Cook imo.
Mariota the prop for the Raiders looks a prospect!
Sticky has a 6 foot 4 son umm I saw mummy banging the tall milkman?
Yep we were absolutely woeful in the first 30 minutes...coukdnt hokd the ball couldnt fefend...we were absolutely gassed but monentum swung we got some ball and the screws turned...skelton needs yo be given a chance in the centres in first grade...we have nothing to lose and it will be great to see how he goes against quality players

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He definitely needs to work on his defence but that's likely coming from a union / 7's background and can be coached into him.
Ball in hand he looks great, balance, speed, silky hands, power, acceleration...
I think he'll end up being an edge backrower in time but best suited to centre at the moment to work on his defensive reads and first up contact.
Definitely worth keeping him in reggies for the rest of the year, maybe 1 game off the bench to give him a taste of first grade before pre-season next year.
It'll be great if we could get him for 3 years, development contract next year, top 30 after that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He definitely needs to work on his defence but that's likely coming from a union / 7's background and can be coached into him.
Ball in hand he looks great, balance, speed, silky hands, power, acceleration...
I think he'll end up being an edge backrower in time but best suited to centre at the moment to work on his defensive reads and first up contact.
Definitely worth keeping him in reggies for the rest of the year, maybe 1 game off the bench to give him a taste of first grade before pre-season next year.
It'll be great if we could get him for 3 years, development contract next year, top 30 after that.
Development contract won't cut it probably.

There will be several clubs after him already.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Wakeham was best on field but nobody wants to acknowledge it because the Kennel has marked his card.
I haven’t marked his card yet, but he does look twice the player and threat in Reggie’s than he does in FG. He looks very composed playing with BBO but there is a real mix of men and boys in reserve grade.

Even my missus noticed when we watched us against Canberra yesterday when she noted Clockhead for Canberra looking very muscular compared to some of the other players.

You can really tell the difference between hardened first graders and a lot of the kids in Reggie’s.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Watched the game yesterday. Hard to handle.
Just hope the one tackle I saw him miss was not the norm.