Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope Topine gets another opportunity and extension, I do think next season with the right players around him he can be great value on an edge. We saw it today with him playing inside Skeleton, both of them complimented each other really well and it allowed them to play to their strengths.
Makes sense. Stimson will be gone this year, Waddell next year. Even with Kiks coming and RFM re-signed Topine definitely adds depth and versatility and as a junior he’s worth keeping at the right price.

Knock

Waterboy
Reaction score
When we first signed Skelton I was hoping he’d be the one to finally lock up the number 2 jersey so Kiraz could move to centre with Schoupp. But looking at how he’s going he’s proving to be more valuable playing in the 3 or 4

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He was fending people into orbit today. He's a big kid.. It was men amongst boys. He reminds me of how much Tony Williams dominated physically when he was playing Reserves at Parra. If anyone remembers Williams then, that's a compliment, not an insult.
Indeed and look how that ended, so although it’s nice to be excited about a young Bulldog let’s wait and see. Williams was nothing after he left Manly and worse mostly when we were paying his chunky salary.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed and look how that ended, so although it’s nice to be excited about a young Bulldog let’s wait and see. Williams was nothing after he left Manly and worse mostly when we were paying his chunky salary.
T Rex didn't have this kids balance the way he moves left to right. A good off season this kid will go to another level.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton is freakishly talented, to be able carry and fend with both arms at ease like you mentioned is special. His athleticism is also special, he doesn't just fend players away with his strength but actually pushes away from them and maintains balance. When he made that line break late in the game he literally used a defender to shift his momentum and accelerate away from him, absolutely toying with the defence.

I'm going to assume he can play left centre also, just imagine him pushing away from defenders and then flicking the ball away to JAC to take advantage of all the space he created. Throw Kikau into the picture too and that's the most lethal edge in the comp.
Be careful Mutt…that sounds like a positive comment…you have a rep to uphold after all..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T Rex didn't have this kids balance the way he moves left to right. A good off season this kid will go to another level.
Absolutely. Providing we get the right coaching and strength and conditioning staff onboard.
Trusting Gus to continue to make the right calls

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope Topine gets another opportunity and extension, I do think next season with the right players around him he can be great value on an edge. We saw it today with him playing inside Skeleton, both of them complimented each other really well and it allowed them to play to their strengths.
Man, he is only 20 years old. I wonder if we decided to develop him in the NSW Cup this year instead of 15-20 mins stints off the bench in FG. Would love for him to get an extension.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I also see us finally getting the headaches we needed with depth of tough, fast and attacking players in the backs.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still want to see Skelton get a go at right side edge backrower that's what we need next year.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fafita way bigger than Red.

Do we want him punished in the forwards? How long since we've had a brilliant centre. Looks as robust as Olam and is more skilfull in using his balance and agility.

It's like Latrell playing as a 2nd rower....you could negate the magic he brings :grinning:...but they'd certainly handle it.
Red Skelton haha :smiley:

Hope it sticks.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense. Stimson will be gone this year, Waddell next year. Even with Kiks coming and RFM re-signed Topine definitely adds depth and versatility and as a junior he’s worth keeping at the right price.
I have to agree with you on this :-)

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Poor Toia was probably the best on field today doesnt get a mention...
There’s a few in front of him for best on field.
He backed up for that try but that was all Hoffman. Toia ran for 50 metres the whole game. Needs to up his work rate to be fair. Good in support but not much else yet

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He backed up for that try but that was all Hoffman. Toia ran for 50 metres the whole game. Needs to up his work rate to be fair. Good in support but not much else yet
Brandon Wakeham was best on field but nobody wants to acknowledge it because the Kennel has marked his card.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He covered well at the back and got us out of trouble a few times... Was always lurking around the ball. It was an all round good performance, even Wakeham had his best game of the year.