Does Baz look at himself and wonder “wow I’m rubbish”

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
Only since March 2021

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz was a great recruiter - but our game plan was abysmal, his ability to select the right teams and use the interchange were also baffling. I also think that he was let down in his choice of high performance director. Our team looks fitter and faster in a few short weeks already . Ie there are blokes with energy tracking back to make tackles off breaks.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately Baz seemed out of his depth with our squad, but I got no doubt he will pop up somewhere again in the future.

Big Blocker on "NRL Tonight" 2 nights ago said that his tip is -

Ciraldo gets the Tigers Job & Baz will be his assistant.

That's believable.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
‘should we trade thompson to catalans for napa? i think he’d work well in our current pack’
Dylan Napa's decline as a Bulldog has always bothered me. He was a state of origin player for the chooks, and, in his first half dozen games for us, he was our best forward, maybe our best player. His only other memorable outing for us was the 38-0 toweling up of Wests, when he knew he was not being re-signed. Is it possible he was following orders during the rubbish games, and decided to ignore those orders, and show us what he could still do once Barrett no longer had any sway over him?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dylan Napa's decline as a Bulldog has always bothered me. He was a state of origin player for the chooks, and, in his first half dozen games for us, he was our best forward, maybe our best player. His only other memorable outing for us was the 38-0 toweling up of Wests, when he knew he was not being re-signed. Is it possible he was following orders during the rubbish games, and decided to ignore those orders, and show us what he could still do once Barrett no longer had any sway over him?
Didn't bother me, was declining at the Roosters big time and only continued to do so for us. Hated his signing as soon as it was announced.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't that something they do to horses to make them run faster?
Nah that's what kiwi's do to their horses to make them run faster... it's a bit over the top though, they should just show the horse what happens to their sheep.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He honestly has a good rugby league brain, just think players were over coached and given too much detail and not held accountable, we seem to be making less silly mistakes at the moment....but I’m sure he will get an assistant job again. Probably suited to a NSW or Australia assistant

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett is the head coach but if Potter was his assistant I think it would have worked out better for him.
Potter has made a couple basic changes which has completely changed the dynamic of our team. Key points:
-Stuck with Flanagan as he is our only recognised half.
-Found a way for Averillo to be in the team with Flanagan. regardless of what anybody says does have points in him and attacking ability.
-Moved Jackson back to the edge instead of that ridiculous ball playing lock position.
-Allen back into the team at centre.
-Kiraz into the team. Baz would have done this anyway.
Look there probably is more behind the scenes then that but we have more points in us by putting our best attacking players in the team.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Welcome to The Kennel mate where everything is life or death.

There’s a 1000 post “sack barrett” thread which i didnt bother reading so you’ll have plenty of those guys coming to defend you and yes while we should honourably leave barrett alone, there are plenty here who still scream des murder lol.

There was a “Burton is overated” thread here too and any normal idiot would know he’s our best player. TK has special idiots :grinning:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please spare us the false narrative that Barrett walked away. He was TOLD to walk away, say nothing, in order to receive some certain % of his unpaid contract.
He no doubt tried hard. I had high hopes he'd be a good attacking coach, be good for the spine players, be able to bring on players, and teach high level playmaking. The players didn't respond to him though, for whatever reason.
Our performances, particularly the last few weeks, but developing during the St George Belmore game, show the players having their shackles removed. They are playing a more expansive, open, and eyes up brand of footy, more off the cuff, less going through the motions. Though there's still many aspects to be improved upon, like running angles, passing to players in motion, and slowing down the ruck in defence.
Something that younger kennellers wouldn't appreciate, I don't know why but Mick Potter reminds me so much of Ted Glossop. I can almost see Micks finals instructions before the players run out onto the pitch being, NOW GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!!
A weight has been lifted off their shoulders. Suddenly they don't look like the least fit side in the comp, nor the most inept at moving the ball, whats more we now kick to achieve a result.
For whatever reason, Baz probably had the wrong approach, and he didn't get his message across. His communication let him down. Let this be a warning shot, that we appoint an inexperienced rookie coach at our peril.
Potter or Flanagan will do just fine for me thanks Mr Gould and the Board.

jeniferbtc7

New Pup
Reaction score
Please spare us the false narrative that Barrett walked away. He was TOLD to walk away, say nothing, in order to receive some certain % of his unpaid contract.
He no doubt tried hard. I had high hopes he'd be a good attacking coach, be good for the spine players, be able to bring on players, and teach high level playmaking. The players didn't respond to him though, for whatever reason.
Our performances, particularly the last few weeks, but developing during the St George Belmore game, show the players having their shackles removed. They are playing a more expansive, open, and eyes up brand of footy, more off the cuff, less going through the motions. Though there's still many aspects to be improved upon, like running angles, passing to players in motion, and slowing down the ruck in defence.
Something that younger kennellers wouldn't appreciate, I don't know why but Mick Potter reminds me so much of Ted Glossop. I can almost see Micks finals instructions before the players run out onto the pitch being, NOW GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!!
A weight has been lifted off their shoulders. Suddenly they don't look like the least fit side in the comp, nor the most inept at moving the ball, whats more we now kick to achieve a result.
For whatever reason, Baz probably had the wrong approach, and he didn't get his message across. His communication let him down. Let this be a warning shot, that we appoint an inexperienced rookie coach at our peril.
Potter or Flanagan will do just fine for me thanks Mr Gould and the Board.
All equipment will be shipped from our warehouses in Shenzhen China. Additional shipping charges apply to orders shipping to international destinations

Jasminer x4-1u ETH,ETC miner 520 mh/s
Profit 11$ day

World delivery 4-11 days

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All equipment will be shipped from our warehouses in Shenzhen China. Additional shipping charges apply to orders shipping to international destinations

Jasminer x4-1u ETH,ETC miner 520 mh/s
Profit 11$ day

World delivery 4-11 days
Thanks for sharing... I'm a self confessed e-commerce guru.

Who wants a buy in on my new business?!!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
He may think he played the platform and without him we wouldn't be winning now . . . But personally I think he would be thinking why didn't I try Avo at fullback, why didn't I start Max King , why did I have Jacko as a ball playing lock and why hasn't JMK brought me my morning coffee or started washing my car yet

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz is not rubbish. He got unlucky
Baz got himself into a three year gig @ $500,000 per year and spent half of his contract period proving he couldn't do the job. Then he either jumps or is pushed (take your pick) and walks away with two thirds of his remaining potential earnings. I wish I could be so unlucky.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent looks at himself in the mirror.....

images (2).jpeg