Does Baz look at himself and wonder “wow I’m rubbish”

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might have lacked the vision to turn us into a winning team, but from all reports it wasn't due to a poor work ethic. He's not the first nor will he be the last coach that lacks the ability to make it work, so I'll give him respect for at least trying when others wouldn't touch the club with a barge pole.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can be a good assistant coach apparently but as a head coach he's got absolutely nothing. He relies on another head coach to do all the heavy lifting

Can't pick the right team / players.
Can't pick the right assistant coaches or trainers
Can't see which players suit which positions
Can't pick a suitable game plan for his players
Can't get the players to have line speed in defence
Can't get the players to support each other in attack
Can't get the players to hold onto the ball even though they are playing the most simple attack in the NRL
Can't motivate the players to lift and do the 1 percenters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah Parra and Wests havn't had their best days against us.
After the Sharks will decide if its all Harry.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett had a long term vision for the team. We needed results quick. Our goals weren’t aligned.

We’ve been playing like shit since last couple of seasons with Des, followed by some crappy seasons with the trucker and his crap recruits. The club was in a diabolical state. Yeah Barrett made some questionable calls - averillo at halfback then dumps him completely. The other is signing flanagan and the subsequent treatment. Two massive blunders.

Barrett did do some good things. There are some good development players coming through and he signed some good players, one of those is burton. Did he leave the club in better shape than when he arrived, I think the answer is yes. I just don’t think the players bought into his vision. They were happy to go through the motions until better recruits arrived.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Barrett had a long term vision for the team. We needed results quick. Our goals weren’t aligned.

We’ve been playing like shit since last couple of seasons with Des, followed by some crappy seasons with the trucker and his crap recruits. The club was in a diabolical state. Yeah Barrett made some questionable calls - averillo at halfback then dumps him completely. The other is signing flanagan and the subsequent treatment. Two massive blunders.

Barrett did do some good things. There are some good development players coming through and he signed some good players, one of those is burton. Did he leave the club in better shape than when he arrived, I think the answer is yes. I just don’t think the players bought into his vision. They were happy to go through the motions until better recruits arrived.
Na he's terrible, didn't learn a thing from his time at Manly and repeated the same mistakes. They almost ended up with the spoon in his final year and were one of the favourites for the spoon the following season yet Des took them to the finals. Baz then tried to take credit for their 2019 season by claiming he taught the young players so well, Fulton daughter then hammered him for saying that and said his ego almost tore the club apart haha. We could've given him 5+ years and i doubt anything would've changed.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The scary part was playing averillo all off season at half yet most of the kennel was banging on for fb ,so many other examples of no idea plus definitely too friendly with players and I suspect too complicated and not making players accountable like mick has

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
Barrett over coached them. Made everything far too complex for the simpletons. They are just a bunch of blokes who know how to play footy and Potter is letting them do exactly that with no restrictions.