Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Rueben Garrick would be great for us, very reliable at the Sea Eagles and is also a goal kicker. He only gets to play fullback when Tommy Turbo is injured. Scores plenty of tries too. But his contract ends in 2023.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still think Rueben Garrick would be great for us, very reliable at the Sea Eagles and is also a goal kicker. He only gets to play fullback when Tommy Turbo is injured. Scores plenty of tries too. But his contract ends in 2023.
meanwhile manly have turbo
Roosters have Tedesco
Storm have paps
Eels have gutho
Cowboys have drinkwater

And you want manlys second choice hmmm

I think by the end of this season he will be there 3rd choice fullback.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan at all. I think he’s rubbish made to look good on the end of a manly backline when turbo plays

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wait to see how averillo goes if shit then give toia a go. If he isn't what we need then we need to try poach Walsh or Drinkwater

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's a good player, especially on wing, but we need better, much better. We need someone who can be a long term marquee for us.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait to see how averillo goes if shit then give toia a go. If he isn't what we need then we need to try poach Walsh or Drinkwater
I'd give both a go ar FB, for the remainder of 2022, both are young and both should have upside, if they both fail then we can look around.
What we badly need to do is develope, find, steal or inovate a proper no 7, for 23 and beyond.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC has expressed an interest in playing full back, and, from where I sit, He has a full back's skill set. Worst case is that he will be an adequate but uninspired full back, which would still make him a massive improvement on Dufty. Best case is that he takes to it like a duck to water, chiming into the back line when he feels like it and using that blinding speed to blow defenses away.

Malla

Reaction score
Toia is the goods. If he can stay fit he will get a crack this year and will start the year best at fullback.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC has expressed an interest in playing full back, and, from where I sit, He has a full back's skill set. Worst case is that he will be an adequate but uninspired full back, which would still make him a massive improvement on Dufty. Best case is that he takes to it like a duck to water, chiming into the back line when he feels like it and using that blinding speed to blow defenses away.
I haven’t previously been a fan of this idea at all as I see JAC as an out and out winger.

With this season well and truly gone though. I see no reason not to give it a trial and see how he goes.

If he does take to the role it will be a win win. He is currently an expensive winger on the cap. But if he becomes our rockstar fullback he will be cheap for a fullback.

Finding a winger also will be much cheaper and easier.

Malla

Reaction score
I haven’t previously been a fan of this idea at all as I see JAC as an out and out winger.

With this season well and truly gone though. I see no reason not to give it a trial and see how he goes.

If he does take to the role it will be a win win. He is currently an expensive winger on the cap. But if he becomes our rockstar fullback he will be cheap for a fullback.

Toia will be prioritised over JAC but Toia needs a few weeks in Reggie’s under his belt. Unless Averillo has a few blinders this month

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent wingers almost always transition into decent fullbacks. Occasionally they transition into great fullbacks. What will JAC be? We have an easy, low risk way to find out. Also, we need a captain, and he can do a better job of captaining the side from fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bellamy produced about a million fullbacks and not once did he ever play JAC there, think that says all we need to know. We've got other options worth looking at this season and even if you did want to move JAC i think centre would be a better shout.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bellamy produced about a million fullbacks and not once did he ever play JAC there, think that says all we need to know. We've got other options worth looking at this season and even if you did want to move JAC i think centre would be a better shout.
Bellamy never played JAC at full back for two reasons, neither of which apply to us.

1. From the day JAC made his debut, Bellamy has had absolute top drawer fullbacks available to him. First there was Slater, then Munster had the job when Slater was injured, then Papenhuissen.
2. They were getting excellent value out of JAC on the wing because his Storm teammates were able to keep him well supplied with quality ball. He is great when he handles the ball for us but he doesn't get to do it often enough. He would see more of the ball at full back.

BTW - Creedence is an outstanding prospect but I don't want to see him stuffed up by being pushed too hard too soon.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is Manu playing centre at roosters? Surely he prefers fullback and the money that comes with it. I know he is signed until 24 with roosters but if I was Gould I would be looking at him...if possible.
I’m sure uncle Nick would be paying him spine money.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The solution is readily available at the club,
In this order they should be given the chance to prove themselves this year, 1st Averillo, 2nd JAC, 3rd Toia.
If all fail then we have no other choice but to go fullback hunting !

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully not Averillo. Drinkwater would be a massive bonus.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jac is not fit enough at the moment, or carrying an injury and also not fit enough at the moment

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Should’ve retained Nick Meaney so we wouldn’t have this issue.