News Freddy’s loyalty questioned over ‘unbelievable’ Foxx snub as NSW coach explains bombshell call

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed them way more than I anticpated
Theyve been single-handedly winning nsw games. Soon as both got injured with upcoming papen, gg. Nsw lost. Crichton was a stupid headless chicken. Tupou had/has zero impact. Cleary was utter trash. Coached by the biggest dumb **** ever. Ive got zero respect for freddy. I hope Slater clean sweeps this dumb ****.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m hoping NSW can win the series and this prick is ruled out to coach our club. Fuck Fittler.
Im sick of reading this pricks name on our forum as potentially our next coach.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They used Tupou as a battering ram to get them off the line when Qld kicked on the fifth. That should be the role of the forwards.
It reminded me of the way we play, with the forwards relying on the backs to run us out of trouble, instead of taking the early tackles and making ground for the backs to attack. We waste our players with that style of play.

Tupou's claim to fame is his height, and ability to catch a high ball for a try. Didn't see much of that last night.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For people saying Tupou is needed for his carries out of dummy half, why wasn't it a problem for Fox in every other Origin? Did he get way smaller all of a sudden? He's always been a quicker winger and not a giant but still found a way to be among NSW all time leading try scorers..

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For people saying Tupou is needed for his carries out of dummy half, why wasn't it a problem for Fox in every other Origin? Did he get way smaller all of a sudden? He's always been a quicker winger and not a giant but still found a way to be among NSW all time leading try scorers..
yeah he got way smaller and also way shorter too apparently :tearsofjoy:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fox’s speed worries defenders and his energy is infectious - he’s an origin winger. Fittler was spooked by qld’s selection of tall wingers - he needed to stay true with proven guys like Jake T and Fox

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tupou wasnt horrible but i dont think he offered any sort of X factor. To'o the same. Maybe thats a reflection on the NSW attack/QLD defence though

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dropping JAC was a dumb fark move, on a number of fronts. The first thing I noticed last night was that Qld wingers were standing up to the line in defence and only dropping back on the 4th or 5th Tackle. When JAC plays they can't afford to do that as he can easily outrun them on a kick through (as Burton demonstrated twice last weekend). So they often get trapped in no man's land, in between playing in the front line or being back in case of the kick. Which leaves the line a man short that can be exploited out wide.

It's not always what JAC does that makes a difference, it's what the opposition is afraid that he can do that disrupts their defence.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Tupou want horrible but i dont think he offered any sort of X factor. To'o the same. Maybe thats a reflection on the NSW attack/QLD defence though
You want one of each. But I agree Fittler was spooked by tall wingers. Thought he'd counter it, but he just nullified that advantage.

That said, we lost cause we stopped going through the middle. Went to the edges too quick after 20mins. When we should have been countering that roll on that QLD was getting through there. Our guys are so big. I was impressed how quick QLD was getting in the NSW faces. Reminded me of a Bulldogs match.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want one of each. But I agree Fittler was spooked by tall wingers. Thought he'd counter it, but he just nullified that advantage.

That said, we lost cause we stopped going through the middle. Went to the edges too quick after 20mins. When we should have been countering that roll on that QLD was getting through there. Our guys are so big. I was impressed how quick QLD was getting in the NSW faces. Reminded me of a Bulldogs match.
Yep, Freddy was jumping at shadows from first selection of the squad to the final run-on side. Origin is simple: pick your best side, smash them through the middle, take advantage of opposition mistakes. Anything much more than that rarely contributes much to a win.

Odd that Freddy was completely alone up in the box...must have OD'd on the garlic bread.

Ref quality struggles to officiate NRL correctly, they had no chance last night.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tupou was good at exactly what they selected him for, his return carries. And I thought for most of the game they were great, as his size made it look like we had another forward out there that bent the line with most of his runs. I think this factor was more important than his height.

HOWEVER - with 5 minutes to go, just imagine if Cleary had the option to put one of those little cross field chips behind the the line for the Foxx to pounce on - Just as Burton did last week for us. As Dan Ginnane would say - GOODBYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because we had Turbo and Latrell doing the tough stuff.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Freddy is to blame for the loss in game one should of stuck solid to the blues team that won last year they slapped us all through the middle

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These are the players he shouldn’t off dropped
Ado carr
Jake trebojivic
Tyson frizzell
API korisau
So fitler you don’t change a winning team only change if injured

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turbo, latrell and addo car were missed. Best attacking players in the league even Jake in the middle would’ve helped

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theyve been single-handedly winning nsw games. Soon as both got injured with upcoming papen, gg. Nsw lost. Crichton was a stupid headless chicken. Tupou had/has zero impact. Cleary was utter trash. Coached by the biggest dumb **** ever. Ive got zero respect for freddy. I hope Slater clean sweeps this dumb ****.
I think fittler outsmarted himself tbh , they definitely out enthused us.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The blues were playing like the bulldogs yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes. So Freddy, fuck off if you think you're coaching us mate. We already know how to play like the blues did last night