Opinion Fittler as coach?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take it from someone who had him as a head coach, he would be a disaster. He may be able to stay focused for 3 games a year, but week to week he's a flipper head. Some of his explanations of our games at pressers when he was coach demonstrated he had no idea what he was talking about.

You'd be better off with Flano or even Maquire ahead of Fittler.
I think some people forget just how much of a disaster he was at the Roosters and how ill equipped he was to coach at club level.

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
After hearing Nathan Brown speak on 360 last night about how he wants to now only be an assistant to a young coach to support them to succeed rather than fail like some have and how he was spoken about as a development coach, could he be someone to support a Ciraldo at the dogs?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After hearing Nathan Brown speak on 360 last night about how he wants to now only be an assistant to a young coach to support them to succeed rather than fail like some have and how he was spoken about as a development coach, could he be someone to support a Ciraldo at the dogs?

Possibly but given the history and his current role at the pennies it's extremely doubtful ciraldo would want to come near us. And even if he did land the head coaching role even more doubtful he'd want someone like brown on his staff

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors fans (my mates) all want Madge [emoji23]
I hope he is a good swimmer...
It's possible the time will come when he probably won't find quick enough flight out of there :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Forget about Ciraldo, he is not an option for any club.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Fittler has gotten an interest in being an NRL coach again after all the media hype. The only club he would suit is the roosters. He takes over from Robinson and robbo comes to the dogs. Gus knows he needs a big name coach. Robbo is arguably the third biggest name currently. He isn’t going that great currently at the roosters. They bring in Fittler who is a club legend and can coach a team full of stars which the roosters will have as long as Uncle Nick is alive.

It’s crazy, but it kind of makes sense.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Fittler has gotten an interest in being an NRL coach again after all the media hype. The only club he would suit is the roosters. He takes over from Robinson and robbo comes to the dogs. Gus knows he needs a big name coach. Robbo is arguably the third biggest name currently. He isn’t going that great currently at the roosters. They bring in Fittler who is a club legend and can coach a team full of stars which the roosters will have as long as Uncle Nick is alive.

Last time Fittler coached an NRL team was 2009 where the Roosters team of stars finished last, wooden spooners, lost 19 games and won 5, with a team that contained;

Craig Fitzgibbon
Anthony Minichiello
Sam Perrett
Iosia Soliola
Braith Anasta
Mitchell Aubusson
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Nate Myles
Mitchell Pearce
James Aubusson
Willie Mason
Mark O'Meley
Sandor Earl
Jake Friend
Frank-Paul Nuuausala

That team would give the current Roosters team a pretty solid thrashing.

Always a Bulldog

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Yeah can't see uncle nick ever getting rid of Coach bee stings for Freddy, or for anyone for that matter

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Will be very interesting to see the repercussions if Roosters don’t make the top 8 this year. Check their draw I feel it is a possibility. I still feel like Walker and maybe even Kleary would be on the chopping block before Robo though.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was Fittler the wonder coach that put Anasta as fullback one time?

I refuse to believe for a second Fittler is in the running because he would be a disaster. Club can't afford to stuff up this next appointment. I'd rather they take their time to find the right candidate then be rushed into another Barrett-like decision because he's mates with Laundy

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was Fittler the wonder coach that put Anasta as fullback one time?

I refuse to believe for a second Fittler is in the running because he would be a disaster. Club can't afford to stuff up this next appointment. I'd rather they take their time to find the right candidate then be rushed into another Barrett-like decision because he's mates with Laundy
Yep and they were belted 48-6.

Granted that was thirteen years ago though, how time flies

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Uncle Nick knows how good a coach and mentor Robbo is… he’s not going anywhere.

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't want Fittler here, I don't think he is an NRL coach. Almost anyone can coach origin players for 3 games.

Robbo is zero chance of leaving the Roosters, they will start punting ageing stars and sign new stars at a reduced (bullsh1t) cost.

We need to move quick as there isn't many coaches worth signing that are available, the way its going there will be 5 clubs looking for a replacement within the fortnight. Flano is probably the best of what's available but with Gus being a micro manager it would end in tears, Flano isn't a puppet.
Ciraldo won't sign here either, he has worked under Gus and seen what its like.

Hopefully we don't sign Brown or Madge, we need to search in the Super League.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't want Fittler here, I don't think he is an NRL coach. Almost anyone can coach origin players for 3 games.

Robbo is zero chance of leaving the Roosters, they will start punting ageing stars and sign new stars at a reduced (bullsh1t) cost.

We need to move quick as there isn't many coaches worth signing that are available, the way its going there will be 5 clubs looking for a replacement within the fortnight. Flano is probably the best of what's available but with Gus being a micro manager it would end in tears, Flano isn't a puppet.
Ciraldo won't sign here either, he has worked under Gus and seen what its like.

Hopefully we don't sign Brown or Madge, we need to search in the Super League.
SFlanagan and Gould get on very well thank you, live close by and catch up regularly.
AND Gould brought him to the Chooks in 2004 as the Holden Cup coach.
AND Gould recommended him for the assistant coaching role at Cronulla.
AND Gould then recommended him as the head coach replacing Stuart.
AND when Gould finished the StGeorge review he recommended that they appoint him as him assistant coach to help out McGregor.
AND Gould wrote strong personal reference support to the NRL for his coaching licence reinstatement.
AND Gould supported his move into the media.

Anyone who thinks SFlanagan couldn’t work with Gould needs to check their history.

Always a Bulldog

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SFlanagan and Gould get on very well thank you, live close by and catch up regularly.
AND when Gould finished the StGeorge review he recommended that they appoint him as him assistant coach to help out McGregor.
AND Gould wrote strong personal reference support to the NRL for his coaching licence reinstatement.

Anyone who thinks SFlanagan couldn’t work with Gould needs to check their history.

Always a Bulldog
They also meet occasionally for coffee and discuss League

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Grez after this post, you'd think Flanno would be signed sealed and delivered as our head coach.

Question is..... why not already?

Im not against Flanno Snr. I just think Gus knows Jnr is not going to cut it and he isn't willing to risk his reputation on finding out by signing on Snr right now.

I think Gus plans to find a suitor for Jnr to move to, and then possibly sign Snr.

It's just one of the ideas floating in my head

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a theory:

Not sure Robbo would sacrifice a job he has for as long as wants coaching Tedesco and Manu for a job trying to coach Kyle how to kick a ball further than 20 metres

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Grez after this post, you'd think Flanno would be signed sealed and delivered as our head coach.

Question is..... why not already?

Im not against Flanno Snr. I just think Gus knows Jnr is not going to cut it and he isn't willing to risk his reputation on finding out by signing on Snr right now.

I think Gus plans to find a suitor for Jnr to move to, and then possibly sign Snr.

It's just one of the ideas floating in my head
In the context of Gould appointing an NRL Head Coach with the objective of winning a premiership in his contract term, what happens in regards to one single player is irrelevant, regardless of who they are. This is SFlanagan's chance to revitalise his coaching career, after 6 years in purgatory. Not to mention a couple $million in earnings. There is no farkin way in hell that nepotism is going to stand in his way, KFlanagan will survive or fail all his own merits.

Gould has time to open it up to any and all applicants, review who has applied and then make his recommendation to have it ratified by the Board. I'm sure Gould has a list of "no thanks" even if they do apply, just as he will have a list of "yes, pleases" if they do.

Always a Bulldog

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
They may be mates but I still feel Gus is a micro manager and Flano isn't one that would put up with that.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure Robbo would sacrifice a job he has for as long as wants coaching Tedesco and Manu for a job trying to coach Kyle how to kick a ball further than 20 metres
Next time I catch Robinson in a press conference I will ask him the same question I asked Bellamy "can you consider yourself a great NRL coach if you have only ever coached one team (with a sombrero)". I'll be interested in what his response is, probably "fark off" like Bellamy replied.

Always a Bulldog