POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Which coach would you like

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 118 53.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • ASSASSIN

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Other.....

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Grunthos

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Daily Telecrap Poll

Flanno 37%
Fittler 20%
Green 12%

Fittler......no, Origin fine, look who he's got to work with. Btw who the heck knows who voted and whether they're taking the piss.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who are the interim coach options with experience? Furner, Sharp?

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is when will the new coach be announced you guys think?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All good Turbo.
My view is the buck still stops with the coach unless it goes higher to the executive office.
Despite all these items I find the bloke supremely arrogant and don’t think he’s a good fit.
And believe me I want us to win!
Again I am sure you are aware, but just in case for others, the buck didn't stop with the Coach. The Executives, Irvine (the Chairman), Cullen (the CEO) and Mooney (the Football Manager) plus Noakes (the Head Trainer) and Elkin (the Trainer) were all also suspended by the NRL, some were lifetime suspensions.

Personally I find SFlanagan to be someone who has confidence in his own abilities, but I don't find him to be overly arrogant as such. All coaches have to have a touch but if you want top shelf arrogance, try Bellamy, he's right up there (and some will say he has earnt the right).

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Bellamy hasn't confirmed to Storm that he'd be coaching past this season. Could we throw stupid money at Bellamy for 2 years, he comes in, establishes systems and he identifies an almost ready understudy to learn the ropes from him who then takes over after 2 seasons. Bellamy has identified he's looking to retire, but everyone has a price and in 2 seasons he could turn us around and establish a winning culture. I know for a fact Bellamy keeps deferring his decision at Storm.
Bellamy is signed for 5 years at Melbourne in whatever role he wants, Coach, GM Football, Recruitment Manager, High Performance Consultant, whatever he wants.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
DTT and Potter in the lead so far..
I think DTT should be a front runner. It's no pressure to the incoming coach, he can be told how the new coach wants them trained and will take it as a learning opportunity. While Potter has his own way of doing things, and I suspect wouldn't be as easy to work with. Plus Potter is paid by the mounties, not the Bulldogs.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily Telecrap Poll

Flanno 37%
Fittler 20%
Green 12%

Fittler......no, Origin fine, look who he's got to work with. Btw who the heck knows who voted and whether they're taking the piss.
i asked the telecrap for info on who voted. apparently they had quite a number of votes from a 'Shane F from Wollongong' and also a 'K Flanno' from the Shire

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Again I am sure you are aware, but just in case for others, the buck didn't stop with the Coach. The Executives, Irvine (the Chairman), Cullen (the CEO) and Mooney (the Football Manager) plus Noakes (the Head Trainer) and Elkin (the Trainer) were all also suspended by the NRL, some were lifetime suspensions.

Personally I find SFlanagan to be someone who has confidence in his own abilities, but I don't find him to be overly arrogant as such. All coaches have to have a touch but if you want top shelf arrogance, try Bellamy, he's right up there (and some will say he has earnt the right).
True, the Sharks scandal did run deep.
No question the most arrogant coaches are Bellyache and Skeletor but they have the runs on the board. Sticky maybe too. Flanagan one title, sure, but questions around their cap that year too.
I guess I just don’t like him.
If he can turn the Bulldogs around then I have to be open minded. I just hope it’s someone else.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
True, the Sharks scandal did run deep.
No question the most arrogant coaches are Bellyache and Skeletor but they have the runs on the board. Sticky maybe too. Flanagan one title, sure, but questions around their cap that year too.
I guess I just don’t like him.
If he can turn the Bulldogs around then I have to be open minded. I just hope it’s someone else.
On Bennett, he hates journos (don't we all) hence his dismissive tone with them, which comes across as arrogance when we see him on TV. He doesn't do fluff pieces for the media and doesn't tolerate fools at all. But face to face, in person, he's very personable, that's on the few occasions that I have met him. His players absolutely love him, he gets them to give their all.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Jason Ryles might be an option.
No way we take someone unproven at this point. It has to be someone who has run a club before. Cause it's unlikely to work otherwise. Usually unproven coaches have a relationship with the club already, that's when they really do work.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
On Bennett, he hates journos (don't we all) hence his dismissive tone with them, which comes across as arrogance when we see him on TV. He doesn't do fluff pieces for the media and doesn't tolerate fools at all. But face to face, in person, he's very personable, that's on the few occasions that I have met him. His players absolutely love him, he gets them to give their all.

Always a Bulldog
Bennett other than the first Broncos and now Dolphins hasn't really built a club from ground up. He is the guy you get when your close to winning.