POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Which coach would you like

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 118 53.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • ASSASSIN

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Other.....

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Grunthos

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
i'm even willing to put aside the whole Sharks cheating shit at the moment re Flanagan. Bigger issue for me is his son will then be staying at the club.
He needs to live and die on that. And I don't think if the Bulldogs find someone better on the market, that Flanagan wouldn't play him in front of his son. Unfortunately that's unlikely, we will need to develop our own.

If he can work with his son the rest of the year, who knows what he can make him do. He has shown he can build teams, and that's about a gameplan that revolves around players strengths and adapting. Otherwise you end up going backwards at some point which he didn't.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan would be great if his son wasn’t here :/ John Morris should coach us if we are aiming for the experienced nrl coach and Cameron ciraldo should be aimed for the rookie head coaching role.
I'd take Paul Green before I'd even consider Morris. He is very average. Data always tell the real story.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to weed out laziness, drill ball control, get fitness at its peak and get a no give up culture back - whoever can do that is my pick.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
With the assistance of illegal sports drugs
Did you look at the stats? Dank was at the Sharks for 6 weeks. Not to mention that between the time he was suspended and then came back to coach the club to a premiership was 3 years. So I don't think that had any benefit. Peptides give you about a 2 year boost before you return to normal. Rodney Howe was a good example of this. Once he served his suspension he was never the same player.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Peptides give you about a 2 year boost before you return to normal. Rodney Howe was a good example of this. Once he served his suspension he was never the same player.
Why does any of that matter though?
The fact is he did the wrong thing - whether that was on purpose or through poor management (trusting Dank). Don’t forget he was also suspended a second time for breaking the terms of his original suspension, which his own boss dobbed him in for. Then there’s questions around the cap of that title winning team. The bloke is supremely arrogant. I say let him stay with the Steelers and PNG RL and we keep looking.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We NEED a proven NRL standard halfback, if we sign Flange Snr what are we going to do about Flange Jnr?
Benefit of the doubt is that his old man may spark something in him, who knows. I do see a lot of similarities between Flange Jnr and Luke Brooks so if we signed a top half, Flange could be "unlocked" playing 5/8th.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Why does any of that matter though?
The fact is he did the wrong thing - whether that was on purpose or through poor management (trusting Dank). Don’t forget he was also suspended a second time for breaking the terms of his original suspension, which his own boss dobbed him in for. Then there’s questions around the cap of that title winning team. The bloke is supremely arrogant. I say let him stay with the Steelers and PNG RL and we keep looking.
Yeah, lets look for a meek coach. Actually we already have that. Long live Barrett!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a hard coach now to at least show them how to win at least then we are appealing to a super coach cause none of the super coaches would look at us twice we just need a winning season and score some points again

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are a rich club, throw $2,000,000 a season at Trent Robinson.
Second best coach in the completion and is young.

He is loyal to uncle Nick but everyone has a price, at worse we would force the roosters to spend some cash to keep him.
Bit of luck he takes the cash and builds us to a force again.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, lets look for a meek coach. Actually we already have that. Long live Barrett!
That’s not what I said.
Barrett clearly isn’t the answer nor is meekness.
But supreme arrogance and never having learnt from previous mistakes is equally risky.
Anyway agree to disagree, all good.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

He is loyal to uncle Nick but everyone has a price, at worse we would force the roosters to spend some cash to keep him.
He re-signed for 5 years with the Chooks in March. Won’t happen.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Get Bellamy and Bennett in as his assistants while you are throwing money around.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woolf is my first choice. Morris second.. Flanagan a distant third..

No one else should really be seriously considered. Bretnall and Ciraldo seem like the two best assistants but we probably won't go down that road again considering our situation.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

You only get $5mil for all that off the field stuff. That would hamstring us in so many ways.