Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Couldn’t give 2 shits who walks out on this team anymore at present. We don’t have a team and haven’t had one for many years.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would he walk out when he is one of the players that does mistakes and puts pressure on himself if he does walk out he is just a sore loser that can’t handle his stuff ups

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS I just told you a couple of days ago when the first bullshit article came out.

It's completely false and talk quietly commenced last Monday.

I love how the majority of you bag the media then deep throat them and believe the crap they spew...
He knew we were a basket case and it would take time a quality 9 next year and kikau with most of the deadwood off contract the following year

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck the media are fuckwits they know how kick someone when there down.
Exactly this, it’s muppets like Rothfield at DT trying to unsettle the club. I wouldn’t look into it.

Regardless, he’s had one good game - I don’t think he’s in a position to demand crazy money and I if he doesn’t like the current situation, then he’s not fit to be a future leader at this club, enough said.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I don’t see that happening. Really depends what coach we get and how sacking Barrett changes the clubs fortunes. Worst case is that we find someone else. The club is bigger than any player.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good. Sign some real established leaders like Keary or Munster with the money he is on then the likes of BBO, Averillo, Rajab, Hayward can all benefit greatly from their experience and leadership.
Lol he’s the only quality half we have and you want to punt him?? You’re a spud Zane

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The roster can play better and will.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I won’t blame him if he leaves, he is busting his azz out in a shit side with a shit coach and then copping grief for it from idiot “fans” who have no idea, he is our only threat in attack and every other team in the nrl knows it, you could drop Cleary into this side with this coach and he would struggle. But if some of you guy’s get your way he’ll leave and spend the next 10-15 year’s kicking our ass. If he moves on I wish him all the best.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs are facing a serious battle to keep their best player Matt Burton long term.

Two terrible losses to the Newcastle Knights at Magic Round and the Canberra Raiders the week before have left the Bulldogs at rock bottom, the first team since the South Queensland Crushers in 1996 not to score 100 points in the first 10 rounds.

They’ve gone backwards since Phil Gould arrived with new signings Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Paul Vaughan, Matt Dufty and Brent Naden.

Matt Burton getting paid unders and losing games at the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Nolan/Getty Images

Matt Burton getting paid unders and losing games at the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Nolan/Getty Images

Interestingly Burton’s manager David Riolo says the outstanding five-eighth will more than likely test the open market at the end of the season.

He originally signed for only two years – at an average of $500,000 a season – with an option his way.

There is no doubt Burton could earn 40 per cent more at a rival club – and, importantly, improve his game at a stronger outfit with better coaching.

The Bulldogs have salary cap pressure and have made no move to extend or increase his contract.
Who is reporting this crap ?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can Burton leave the dogs? Didn’t he already backflip last year and stay at the panthers?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Walking into Belmore as head coach was probably a dream for him and look what happened.
He's gotta know something about League, I remember him as a SOO legend, hope he stays and enjoys some success.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who could blame him?
He’s a young gun who wants to surround himself with alpha players under an alpha coach so he can develop.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it is just his manager ensuring the dogs sort out the right $$ by saying we have options (or will look at options). Normal process. The media are just making up the rest....

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
how can you say that lol
It’s his first year playing in the halves in first grade. Let’s chat in 3 years time!
Won’t even be at the club in 3 years time lol. By then i would of hoped we would have signed an established big fish for the number 7 jersey.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton will not be making a decision on future until round 10 next year and that's a fact.