Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So - the Solomon Islands agreement with China. General view is that the Solomon Islands had an agreement to build an internet cable with Huawei from Sydney to Honiara. Turnbull under advice from security did not want Huawei hooked into Australian internet so they agreed to use an Australian company and Australia paid for it. Which is interesting from two perspectives - 1) pretty obvious some SI pollies were on a gravy ride with Huawei and lost the kickbacks and were pissed and 2) Australia could ratchet this up by shutting down the internet.

So, not sure this is a policy failure per se but probably foreseeable and should have been managed better.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s bizarre

was he in a fire or something because he doesn’t look that that anymore
Dutton?

Yeah, unfortunately he was stuck in an oven at 220 degrees for 1 hour. The cooks didn't realise the mistake until they tried to add butter and sour cream.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So did Scotty say he & Jenny are blessed to not have disabled children on tonight's leaders debate?

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Albo’s campaign pitch - “we plan to have a plan”!!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So did Scotty say he & Jenny are blessed to not have disabled children on tonight's leaders debate?
Pretty true though right. No disrespect to anyone that has disabled kids, I couldn’t think of anything worse

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So - the Solomon Islands agreement with China. General view is that the Solomon Islands had an agreement to build an internet cable with Huawei from Sydney to Honiara. Turnbull under advice from security did not want Huawei hooked into Australian internet so they agreed to use an Australian company and Australia paid for it. Which is interesting from two perspectives - 1) pretty obvious some SI pollies were on a gravy ride with Huawei and lost the kickbacks and were pissed and 2) Australia could ratchet this up by shutting down the internet.

So, not sure this is a policy failure per se but probably foreseeable and should have been managed better.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty true though right. No disrespect to anyone that has disabled kids, I couldn’t think of anything worse
More’s the point I don’t think he meant any offence in the say he said it. But haters gonna hate and there’s always someone lining up to be offended these days.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thought it was a decent debate.
Certainly not the farce the Trump/Biden one was.
Albo held his ground and no howlers from Morrison either. Pretty vanilla overall.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More’s the point I don’t think he meant any offence in the say he said it. But haters gonna hate and there’s always someone lining up to be offended these days.
Its the sad reality of politics these days, its just one "gotcha " moment after another with jounos and political fanatics chasing each others tales. No real policy, just what is least likely to cause me grief and get me elected or re- elected...

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely no malice from ScoMo but it was very poorly worded. If you listen to the full statement it can come across as, "we are blessed because our kids aren't like yours"

Definitely wasn't intentional though. Just didn't think about how it would be interpreted and as such, he ended up pissing people off. But if a politician isn't pissing people off then they're not a politician.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely no malice from ScoMo but it was very poorly worded. If you listen to the full statement it can come across as, "we are blessed because our kids aren't like yours"

Definitely wasn't intentional though. Just didn't think about how it would be interpreted and as such, he ended up pissing people off. But if a politician isn't pissing people off then they're not a politician.
I don't think it was intentional either (even he's not that stupid), but words can matter to people. I'm not drawing from a big sample size but every one of my friends who has autistic or otherwise disabled kids is pretty pidsed off. Tbh his comments were much worse than albo forgetting a BS figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.