Lets stop blaming the officiating and realize we're a poorly coached team

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ref changed the momentum of the game, when we SHOULD have been 12-0 up, and ended up 12-6 down.

Then proceeded to give Souths a leg up to march them onto our 30m line several times, until the game was out of reach.
WE could have been 12 points up but as usual our 1st receiver Jacko loses the ball on 2nd tackle 3 metres from the Rabbitohs line.
Souths then scored 18 points without us touching the ball.
Do not blame the ref for all that.
Why Jacko is our 1st receiver I am perplexed. Burton never gets good ball and looks disinterested atm.

Even near the end we had a chance down the left side but the defence got into our line because we are so flat and not running onto the ball.

Barrett has no answers, either has JMK. 24-6 down and we run it out with 5 hit ups and a kick gathered by the Rabboitohs 25 metres out.???

I'm 74, an old Yagoona boy originally and I'll always be a Bulldog (or Berry) but I think from now on I will record the games and fast forward them.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs have been playing this same boring clueless style for the last 6 years.
I was really hoping this year would be different but it's the same shit.
It's literally the same year after year. I find it absolutely amazing that the club has any supporters left to be honest.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
WE could have been 12 points up but as usual our 1st receiver Jacko loses the ball on 2nd tackle 3 metres from the Rabbitohs line.
Souths then scored 18 points without us touching the ball.
Do not blame the ref for all that.
Why Jacko is our 1st receiver I am perplexed. Burton never gets good ball and looks disinterested atm.

Even near the end we had a chance down the left side but the defence got into our line because we are so flat and not running onto the ball.

Barrett has no answers, either has JMK. 24-6 down and we run it out with 5 hit ups and a kick gathered by the Rabboitohs 25 metres out.???

I'm 74, an old Yagoona boy originally and I'll always be a Bulldog (or Berry) but I think from now on I will record the games and fast forward them.
As a 73 year old Birrong boy, I agree.

MrT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Great post… everyone trying to blame ref… the real concern is how quickly the fall apart when things go against them… so the ref is to blame for the 5 losses this year??? The coach needs to go if not I would be looking at the people keeping him there…

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Even Blocker Roach who I consider to be pretty impartial and a fair caller said in the first 10 minutes today that the Dogs are not a team that ever get the rub of the green. We were on top at that stage and he has no reason to favor us. The top teams don't need the rub of the green, but they still get it none the less.

MrT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Baz is gonna end up in the Seibold category of never coaching an NRL team ever again after he gets the sack.

He is a major liability to our rebuild and Gus needs to make the call very soon.

Good teams find a way to win regardless of the refs.
But Gus come out and said he is going to be the long term coach lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good teams don't need the rub of the green if they're good enough to capitalize on their opportunities. We had a mountain of possession to put ourselves in a commanding position but due to dumb players making critical mistakes we're left with blaming the ref coz we're not good enough to defend six against inside our own half.

JAC is absolutely wasted on the left because Burton is not good enough to put him away. We use up our sets on Jackson who can't break a tackle or set up an attacking play on the outside.
Well said
Do u know why the refs give 6 agains against our cream puff side?
It’s because we got rolled like sluts and can’t complete a dominant tackle
Weak as fcuk forward pack with soft as cream puff outside backs
We get smashed with pens and 6agains coz we can’t win the ruck and don’t know how to tackle or run hard enough

it’s that simple

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said
We get smashed with pens and 6agains coz we can’t win the ruck and don’t know how to tackle or run hard enough

it’s that simple
We were reffed out of the game 100%… yes we are poor at the moment but you can’t keep ignoring this shit because you want Baz sacked

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said

it’s that simple
Yeah I can't get why fans don't get that. We look to be in all sorts when there forwards punch through our soft middle and get quick play the balls going. Don't want six agains, make a dominant tackle.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Blocker Roach who I consider to be pretty impartial and a fair caller said in the first 10 minutes today that the Dogs are not a team that ever get the rub of the green. We were on top at that stage and he has no reason to favor us. The top teams don't need the rub of the green, but they still get it none the less.
Blocker is a halfwit but even he can see it. We get fucked every week

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I can't get why fans don't get that. We look to be in all sorts when there forwards punch through our soft middle and get quick play the balls going. Don't want six agains, make a dominant tackle.
Like I said.. you cannot ignore the problems of officiating just because we want our coach sacked

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm all for getting Flanagan as coach now. When I think back to it he had the Sharks going the full 80mins with the Storm in every single match they versed them.

We need to get the team fit & firing for the full 80mins.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
18 points in 10’mins when you have 12

We are not a good enough team to survive a setback like that

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz and Jacko seem OK and relaxed with losing @ the pressa the club won’t turn around with these guys leading