3. Ava
2. Thommo
1. Burtons boot

Our outside backs deserve heaps of credit with their tough carries

It was hard for me to fault anyone other than Waddell [emoji23]

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 - Ava - seemed like he did an insane amount of work for a big man and some of his runs were yoooog
2 - Dufty - edit: forgot about duffman and reckon he was very good. Dangerous and usually in support.
1 - Burton - only 1 pt for my bby burto. He did some very good things and his kicks caused problems, but for us too, hence he only gets a point from me. Kicked dead and out on the full etc, could have been costly.

Like I've been saying it will take time and most of the team made improvements. Just the grittiness they showed to win was impressive considering half the team haven't played a comp match together, before tonight.

I really like what Baz said in the jersey presentation yesterday. He said that they'll learn more and more about each other and get closer in doing so. That's the main reason I'm happy we won like that, because they know they would take a bullet for each other (quote from Gus about what is required to succeed. Also said at jersey presentation).

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton missed a few tackles but that fucking boot of his.... we don't win tonight without his kicks on 5th tackle.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
3. Burton
2. Jackson
1 Addocarr

the leadership from Jackson and addocarr goes unnoticed but invaluable

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson
Dufty
Burton(thanks to his kicks) just ahead of Thompson

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3 - Thompson, 64 minutes, 46 tackles, no pens or errors, 131m, 48pcm. Lead the forward pack
2 - Burns, earned two penalties, perfect flick on for a try, no pens or errors, played with awareness, really looks like he wants it
1 - King, I hope this guy can stay injury free, I want to see him playing for years to come, about the only way he could do a better 39 minute stint off the bench would be to score a try. 42pcm, almost 10m a run, 40 tackles! 0 misses! And so often when he tackled he stopped the ball dead, he denied pcm for the other team.

Mentions: Ava, JJ (cover tackle), Burto (long kicks), Avo (robbed), Dufty (try saver tackle), OK (try plus great metres).

Status
Not open for further replies.