Every team's strongest 17 for 2022

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
JWH is not on 700, Kerry is not on 850 & Taukeiaho is not on 655. You are forgetting one important component. It’s called THIRD PARTY.
Hello, tell me something I don't know, how about shifting focus to the media, all they have done the last 3 days is bitch on about us being in Cap trouble whilst using fake numbers. At least I quoted the Zero Tackle salaries, without adding the odd $50k or $100k here or there to substantiate their biased BS.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isaac is hearing that Pawwamatta have taken talent scouting to new levels in pursuit of replacments for Mahoney, Papalii and others from Cumberland..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just me questioning his coaching credentials, the RLPA lodged a complaint and several of the payers complained in 2020 about having to endure 2 pre season floggings within 5 months. Of course BSmith, with the grand total of 3 NRL games games, and Suallai, 17 years old with 0 NRL games, were Hale Marys. They shouldn't even have been back ups to the back ups let alone filling in for one of the top 3 centres in the NRL and the other a 325 game veteran. A piss poor example of coaching (and Cap management) right there.

2022 is no different, the Chooks are still very top heavy with just 7 players consuming $5.25m of their Cap
Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

On that subject I don't understand how/why they don't get picked on (like we do) for not spending more on their spine players. Teflon coated Chooks, nothing sticks on them.

The fact is with the players at his disposal, plus the off field "assistance" he gets, Robinson should have won 3 or 4 premierships. In Fitzgibbon going to Cronulla the Chooks have lost real talent from their coaching staff. You are right the next couple of years will be interesting to watch.

Always a Bulldog
Robbo has won 3 premierships, 2013, 2018 and 2019 and our cap gets called into question every farking year. Even today it's getting called into question when we have lost Cordner, Friend, JMorris, BMorris, Ikuvalu and Liu and gained Watson, Atoni and Momirovski. Our last "marquee" signing was Angus Critchon 3 years ago, but you can rest assured our cap will be questioned again, particularly if we are top 4 in 2022.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Robbo has won 3 premierships, 2013, 2018 and 2019 and our cap gets called into question every farking year. Even today it's getting called into question when we have lost Cordner, Friend, JMorris, BMorris, Ikuvalu and Liu and gained Watson, Atoni and Momirovski. Our last "marquee" signing was Angus Critchon 3 years ago, but you can rest assured our cap will be questioned again, particularly if we are top 4 in 2022.
Of course it should be questioned when the Chooks have 7 out 30 players taking up way more than half of their Cap. Quick maths says the remaining 23 are on an average $170k, against a minimum of $130k next year. They have to have a lot of minimum contract players (on $130k) saving $40k each to pay for anything like decent back ups. That's why there is a huge gulf between the 1st 17 and the next 13, the Grand Canyon has nothing on that.

Always a Bulldog

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teams updated.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Chooks will not be as successful as previously as they have just lost the key to their success. Craig Fitzsimmons leaving will weaken them immensely.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Roosters gloat about getting players for unders then in the next breath use losing those same players as reasons they are well under the cap and can afford another marquee player or 3.

Weren't the Morris brothers apparently playing for minimum wage or very close to it?

Aren't the NRL supposed to reject deals significantly under market value which they have done previously with Gasnier, Folau and others?

Typical Roosters have exemplary rules just for themselves and if anyone has the audacity to step on uncle Nick's toes by making inquiries their fans throw a hissy fit.

Screenshot_20211229-151206.png

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one the NRL failed to investigate when the Warriors offered him around $1 million a season and yet he re-signs for significantly under market value
The West Tigers offered Fatrell Mitchell 1mill a season, yet he signed for the Scabbitohs for 800, what you're bitching about happens all the time with every other club.

If you're club was one of the marquee clubs and signing players for less, would you whine about it? Of course you wouldn't.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JWH is not on 700, Kerry is not on 850 & Taukeiaho is not on 655. You are forgetting one important component. It’s called THIRD PARTY.
There's third party and then third party....
I know this relates to 2020 but gives you a bit of an idea as to what third party deals were for clubs. Funny how Roosters are noted as being third lowest......at 69k.....

There has been a decrease in outside-the-cap payments among the 16 clubs of almost $2 million in 2019 following the NRL’s crackdown on third-party agreements to improve transparency.

And running counter-intuitively to the salary cap sombrero gags, the Roosters were the third lowest of all the clubs with only $69,000 worth of private sector TPAs. Although Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco benefited from whole of game sponsorship, which wasn’t included.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jayden Brailey injured his acl in training and is out for the season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Knights in trouble now... no Pearce or Brailey. Clune and Randall (? maybe Mann) are massive downgrades.
Yeah Pearce & Brailey are massive losses. We should finish higher than them now.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quite a few weak looking rosters. Bar the top six, should be quite a competitive season. Our season hinges on our hooker I believe. If somehow a rotation works between Odo, Cook and King then our pack should easily be able to hold there own. Enough talent in our backs to score points if we get fair share of possession.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doubt it. We don’t have a hooker or halfback either.
We will see. I think we finish higher than them for sure.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely we do now there hooker is down. That now minimises Saifitis impact, as they have formed a good partnership

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knights are a perfect example of recruitment of a bunch of players over an offseason doesn’t amount to overnight success, especially with Barrett coaching still. Good to have optimism but I’m tempering mine until we see how good our team actually plays together (and whether Barrett knows what to do with them).