Every team's strongest 17 for 2022

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
doesnt matter how tall he is if he cant catch a ball. Bloke's got feet for hands and shit for brains
And yet he still scored more tries than Cotric. It's hard to quantify how much better than Cotric he would be if he could catch. Oh and btw, Cotric made more errors and more often than the bloke you claim has feet for hands ! Hahaha

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet he still scored more tries than Cotric. It's hard to quantify how much better than Cotric he would be if he could catch. Oh and btw, Cotric made more errors and more often than the bloke you claim has feet for hands ! Hahaha
I'm not backing either of them in this argument as I don't think the stats listed in previous posts here for the 2021 season reflect who had the better year given game time, games missed, opponents etc, but i would much rather have a player who's represented state and country in the last few years starting over a bloke that's long overdue for a haircut. Cotric had a somewhat ordinary year but it's hard to soar like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys. He was a completely different player during his years at Canberra when playing with a stronger team and I figure that come 2022 season when he's actually got competent team mates, that he'll have a much better year.
My take is that Okunbor cannot catch a cold let alone a football. He's forever in off his wing letting in easy tries and making poor reads in defence. For a bloke of his size, he seems to get driven back often when hitting up the footy too. How he ever made first grade is beyond me, it shows how little depth we actually had the last few years. The only chance he may get now is filling in during the origin period when one - if not both - of our starting wingers in Fox and Cotric get selected for the blues, but even then he's got Burns and Marsters ahead of him so seems unlikely.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not backing either of them in this argument as I don't think the stats listed in previous posts here for the 2021 season reflect who had the better year given game time, games missed, opponents etc, but i would much rather have a player who's represented state and country in the last few years starting over a bloke that's long overdue for a haircut. Cotric had a somewhat ordinary year but it's hard to soar like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys. He was a completely different player during his years at Canberra when playing with a stronger team and I figure that come 2022 season when he's actually got competent team mates, that he'll have a much better year.
My take is that Okunbor cannot catch a cold let alone a football. He's forever in off his wing letting in easy tries and making poor reads in defence. For a bloke of his size, he seems to get driven back often when hitting up the footy too. How he ever made first grade is beyond me, it shows how little depth we actually had the last few years. The only chance he may get now is filling in during the origin period when one - if not both - of our starting wingers in Fox and Cotric get selected for the blues, but even then he's got Burns and Marsters ahead of him so seems unlikely.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Cotric playing origin you mean ?Although by the sound of it you have him ahead of To'o
To'o might start, but they pick more than just a 17. Cotric may still be selected in the larger squad

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric had a bad year but I'd take him over Okunbor any day of the week. There's also zero chance Okunbor is in the side over him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To'o might start, but they pick more than just a 17. Cotric may still be selected in the larger squad
Hopefully his form next year at least gets him in the conversation. I liked Cotric as a player until he played for us and I was excited when we signed him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cotric had a bad year but I'd take him over Okunbor any day of the week. There's also zero chance Okunbor is in the side over him.
It will be like Hoppa and Napa this year, his price tag almost guarantees selection regardless of his form.
If he plays like he did early in his career I'd agree ,he should be picked in front of Okunbor .Based on 2021 though, he under preformed and or was overpaid.Even at the Raiders His form was declining.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will be like Hoppa and Napa this year, his price tag almost guarantees selection regardless of his form.
If he plays like he did early in his career I'd agree ,he should be picked in front of Okunbor .Based on 2021 though, he under preformed and or was overpaid.Even at the Raiders His form was declining.
Napa and Hopoate were completely hopeless this year (Napa his whole contract too pretty much). Even at minimum wage they would of had no/little value. I don't have Cotric in that same bracket personally. I still think he's a solid/quality player. He's only 23. The year before joining us he was a top 5 winger in the competition imo.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa and Hopoate were completely hopeless this year (Napa his whole contract too pretty much). Even at minimum wage they would of had no/little value. I don't have Cotric in that same bracket personally. I still think he's a solid/quality player. He's only 23. The year before joining us he was a top 5 winger in the competition imo.
The comparison with Hoppa and Napa was purely on price tag. I agree Cotric is solid,and quality at his best.Ive I got a couple of mates who are Canberra fans and by the end of 2020 they were happy he was leaving. I actually thought his best games this year were at centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get my head around why Rabbits didn't re-sign Burns. Even if they picked Milne ahead of him, they have no depth.