Every team's strongest 17 for 2022

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get my head around why Rabbits didn't re-sign Burns. Even if they picked Milne ahead of him, they have no depth.
Burns could be good for us i think, unsure how it will all play out in the back 5 for the season start but he has some quality if he stays fit and healthy.Hoping he kind of performs like Momo went for Penrith.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m confident if the Roosters stay healthy they will win the premiership because I expect the likes of Storm. Penrith and Souths to be weaker in 2022.
Nailed it, the Chooks have a very decent 17 but the quality drops away dramatically after that, so injuries and suspensions plus rep duties are going to hit them hard. Robinson does not have a very good record with player management through the season, he's farked up the last 2 season.

Always a Bulldog

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nailed it, the Chooks have a very decent 17 but the quality drops away dramatically after that, so injuries and suspensions plus rep duties are going to hit them hard. Robinson does not have a very good record with player management through the season, he's farked up the last 2 season.

Always a Bulldog
I agree, our depth is better

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
So the Roosters had 10-12 players miss the majority of the season yet still finish top 6 and you question their depth

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
You cannot possibly be serious.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Then you're eyes are painted on mate.
Are you ignoring the fact that Robinson flogged the shit out the players at the start of 2020 and then when the Covid shutdown was on he flogged the shit out of them again, so much so that they were done, worn out, exhausted. When the finals came around, and despite operating under the customary sombrero, they were bundled out twice in a row loosing to Penrith and then Canbra.

Followed up by this year when he tried to squeeze too much out of the older guys for too long and they suffered re-occurring injuries throughout the season. For sure Keary's season-ending ACL injury was impossible to predict, but Cordner, Friend, Collins and the 2 x Mozzies were always likely. Late in the season losses to Melbourne 46-0, Wabbits 54-12 and Manly 42-6 was an indication of how top heavy the roster was and how Robinson drove them too hard too early. For the second season in row mind you.

Their roster is even worse this year and the only question is will Robinson fark up again, making 3 years in row.

Always a Bulldog

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you ignoring the fact that Robinson flogged the shit out the players at the start of 2020 and then when the Covid shutdown was on he flogged the shit out of them again, so much so that they were done, worn out, exhausted. When the finals came around, and despite operating under the customary sombrero, they were bundled out twice in a row loosing to Penrith and then Canbra.
We were going for a three peat and lost to Penrith by a point and Canberra by 4, we were in both those games till the death, hardly bundled out.

Followed up by this year when he tried to squeeze too much out of the older guys for too long and they suffered re-occurring injuries throughout the season. For sure Keary's season-ending ACL injury was impossible to predict, but Cordner, Friend, Collins and the 2 x Mozzies were always likely. Late in the season losses to Melbourne 46-0, Wabbits 54-12 and Manly 42-6 was an indication of how top heavy the roster was and how Robinson drove them too hard too early. For the second season in row mind you.

Their roster is even worse this year and the only question is will Robinson fark up again, making 3 years in row.

Always a Bulldog
Cordner never played this year at all from being concussed in SOO last year and Friend was concussed in round 1, that's not Robbo's fault. Collins is not an "old guy", the bloke is only 25. And before he was injured Bmoz was farking killing it, he'd scored two hatricks and was leading try scorer for 2021 FFS. If you're going to try and state facts at least have them better thought out in future.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next yeah I do. Name ur second string side
Next year is 2022, not 2023.
like I said you have having a lend of yourself if u honestly think the Bulldogs depth in 2022 is stronger than the Roosters.
Roosters debuted the most players of any club in 2021 because of a mountain of injuries & retirements. Those players won’t start in 2022.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We were going for a three peat and lost to Penrith by a point and Canberra by 4, we were in both those games till the death, hardly bundled out.

Cordner never played this year at all from being concussed in SOO last year and Friend was concussed in round 1, that's not Robbo's fault. Collins is not an "old guy", the bloke is only 25. And before he was injured Bmoz was farking killing it, he'd scored two hatricks and was leading try scorer for 2021 FFS. If you're going to try and state facts at least have them better thought out in future.
Injuries for those named were inevitable, no matter how good or bad they were playing before they got injured. Robinson had the 2 x Mozzies for cents on the dollar and then tried to squeeze even more value out of them. Any coach worth a pinch of salt would have realised that and had contingency plans in place, but not Robinson the genius. Don't try BillySmith on us, he was a 5 game Hale Mary that crashed and burned on the injury pile, ditto Suaalii. Look at the various players injuries, leg, foot, knee, ankle, syndesmosis, lis franc, hamstring, etc. The common denominator with most of them is obvious, they are lower body, repetitive strain injuries, which, particularly in the older players, is a sign of driving them to hard for too long. Robinson was warned about that in 2020 but he continued with more of the same in 2021 (enough to get the RLPA to complain) .

As for being bundled out in 2020, Penrith had that game won at half time and took their foot off the pedal. This year the Chooks were lucky to beat the Titans who were the better team on the day and then got flogged by Manly 42 to 6. The later season floggings show the extent of the player injuries and the burn out of those left.

I can't help but recall that Robinson dropped JMoz mid season, for what, not trying hard enough, FMD JMoz gives his best in every game. Maybe the problem was he was not being managed appropriately for his age and the number of games his body had played. Robinson's comment says it all " he just needed to .... get back to some training", genius coaching right there.

The Chooks salary cap methodology works great if the top 17 players stay relatively injury free, but the coach has to recognise that and work them appropriately. Robinson seems to have had problems learning that lesson, 2 years in a row.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
like I said you have having a lend of yourself if u honestly think the Bulldogs depth in 2022 is stronger than the Roosters.
Roosters debuted the most players of any club in 2021 because of a mountain of injuries & retirements. Those players won’t start in 2022.
agree with you here, the effort by the roosters this year was unbelievable, they lost most of the team and still made the 8, i dont think any other team does that bar storm. we are no where near position at the moment

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did say next year, 22. Name the team. I’ve done the dog’s team, seams very strong second team side

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injuries for those named were inevitable, no matter how good or bad they were playing before they got injured. Robinson had the 2 x Mozzies for cents on the dollar and then tried to squeeze even more value out of them. Any coach worth a pinch of salt would have realised that and had contingency plans in place, but not Robinson the genius. Don't try BillySmith on us, he was a 5 game Hale Mary that crashed and burned on the injury pile, ditto Suaalii. Look at the various players injuries, leg, foot, knee, ankle, syndesmosis, lis franc, hamstring, etc. The common denominator with most of them is obvious, they are lower body, repetitive strain injuries, which, particularly in the older players, is a sign of driving them to hard for too long. Robinson was warned about that in 2020 but he continued with more of the same in 2021 (enough to get the RLPA to complain) .

As for being bundled out in 2020, Penrith had that game won at half time and took their foot off the pedal. This year the Chooks were lucky to beat the Titans who were the better team on the day and then got flogged by Manly 42 to 6. The later season floggings show the extent of the player injuries and the burn out of those left.

I can't help but recall that Robinson dropped JMoz mid season, for what, not trying hard enough, FMD JMoz gives his best in every game. Maybe the problem was he was not being managed appropriately for his age and the number of games his body had played. Robinson's comment says it all " he just needed to .... get back to some training", genius coaching right there.

The Chooks salary cap methodology works great if the top 17 players stay relatively injury free, but the coach has to recognise that and work them appropriately. Robinson seems to have had problems learning that lesson, 2 years in a row.

Always a Bulldog
Did Robbo run over your dog? Mate is obvious you don't like him and you can question his coaching credentials all you want, but you'll be alone in that regard as there are huge holes in your arguments.

What Robbo was able to achieve from round 3 with a spine consisting of Sam Walker (rookie), Ben Marschke (rookie)/Sam Verills and Drew Hutchinson (15 gamer) was outstanding, we finished 5th on for and against! And you claim Robbo had no contingencies but then gloss over Billy Smith and Josef Suuali who were the contingencies but who also got injured and neither of them are old. Jmoz lost the will to compete after Bmoz went down and admitted as much, that's why Robbo dropped him as that's what good coaches do. Sure those floggings you mentioned were a disappointing, but again we'd lost two of our best defensive players in Cordner and Friend so a drop in our defence was always going to occur. I'll be more than happy if Robbo stays as our head coach for years to come.

And speaking of our coaching, I'm eager to see what the new coaching team brings to the field this year. We've had a fairly stable team for a while so it'll be interesting to see what this new team changes.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Did Robbo run over your dog? Mate is obvious you don't like him and you can question his coaching credentials all you want, but you'll be alone in that regard as there are huge holes in your arguments.

What Robbo was able to achieve from round 3 with a spine consisting of Sam Walker (rookie), Ben Marschke (rookie)/Sam Verills and Drew Hutchinson (15 gamer) was outstanding, we finished 5th on for and against! And you claim Robbo had no contingencies but then gloss over Billy Smith and Josef Suuali who were the contingencies but who also got injured and neither of them are old. Jmoz lost the will to compete after Bmoz went down and admitted as much, that's why Robbo dropped him as that's what good coaches do. Sure those floggings you mentioned were a disappointing, but again we'd lost two of our best defensive players in Cordner and Friend so a drop in our defence was always going to occur. I'll be more than happy if Robbo stays as our head coach for years to come.

And speaking of our coaching, I'm eager to see what the new coaching team brings to the field this year. We've had a fairly stable team for a while so it'll be interesting to see what this new team changes.
It's not just me questioning his coaching credentials, the RLPA lodged a complaint and several of the payers complained in 2020 about having to endure 2 pre season floggings within 5 months. Of course BSmith, with the grand total of 3 NRL games games, and Suallai, 17 years old with 0 NRL games, were Hale Marys. They shouldn't even have been back ups to the back ups let alone filling in for one of the top 3 centres in the NRL and the other a 325 game veteran. A piss poor example of coaching (and Cap management) right there.

2022 is no different, the Chooks are still very top heavy with just 7 players consuming $5.25m of their Cap
Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

On that subject I don't understand how/why they don't get picked on (like we do) for not spending more on their spine players. Teflon coated Chooks, nothing sticks on them.

The fact is with the players at his disposal, plus the off field "assistance" he gets, Robinson should have won 3 or 4 premierships. In Fitzgibbon going to Cronulla the Chooks have lost real talent from their coaching staff. You are right the next couple of years will be interesting to watch.

Always a Bulldog

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just me questioning his coaching credentials, the RLPA lodged a complaint and several of the payers complained in 2020 about having to endure 2 pre season floggings within 5 months. Of course BSmith, with the grand total of 3 NRL games games, and Suallai, 17 years old with 0 NRL games, were Hale Marys. They shouldn't even have been back ups to the back ups let alone filling in for one of the top 3 centres in the NRL and the other a 325 game veteran. A piss poor example of coaching (and Cap management) right there.

2022 is no different, the Chooks are still very top heavy with just 7 players consuming $5.25m of their Cap
Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

On that subject I don't understand how/why they don't get picked on (like we do) for not spending more on their spine players. Teflon coated Chooks, nothing sticks on them.

The fact is with the players at his disposal, plus the off field "assistance" he gets, Robinson should have won 3 or 4 premierships. In Fitzgibbon going to Cronulla the Chooks have lost real talent from their coaching staff. You are right the next couple of years will be interesting to watch.

Always a Bulldog
JWH is not on 700, Kerry is not on 850 & Taukeiaho is not on 655. You are forgetting one important component. It’s called THIRD PARTY.