Rumour Brandon smith done deal

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think everyone is doing like the eels fans are now and sorta playing down how good the other is.

Smith is a beast and was best 9
In the game this year. He has been built to play in forwards and has been great.

Let’s not be a hater.

I’m a massive fan but I completely agree. The way he’s carried himself in this off season I too am
Happy we have locked in Mahoney.

I still think Smith overall is the better player though not exactly light years ahead like both he and Mahoney are of jmk.

Not to mention the extra 250k+ smith commands is a huge help to lock up burton for the future.

I suspect Gus knew smith wanted to go to the chooks or that nick was going to waive his wallet and moved away from smith race and pounced on Mahoney with the process of locking a top 4 hooker at 23 and likely 25%+ less than smiths cost!

Old management would of ended up with jmk extending further or maybe api at the end of his career thanks to Trent’s connection.

Very happy we locked up Mahoney and walked away from Cheese overall! Though no doubt cheese will be a top 3 hooker.

I’d say in no order grant smith Mahoney are the best 9s with cook and api declining for the coming season.
Top player, but a Kuntrashian.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using Zero Tackle numbers;

Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

Add BSmith‘s ~$800k (anything less than that is an outright lie) and they are over $6m for 8 players. That leaves them less than $4m (based on a Cap of $10m) for 22 players which means most of them would have to be minimum contract $130k players. Does anyone really believe that BillySmith, Lam, Lussick, Suaali, Momirovski, Tupou, Watson, Walker and Verrills are all on ~$130k, that’s prime grade, grain feed, WagYu beef bullshit.

The Chooks being anywhere near to Salary Cap compliant is a farkin fairy tail.

Always a Bulldog
Let's not forget Sitili Tupouniua and Lindsay Collins now.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The quotes about Bondi in the 20s made me lol

So cringe

Anyway, Papa Gould - 1 year deal for 22 since Melb want to cut him loose and roosters dont have sombrero space

Make it happen

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Using Zero Tackle numbers;

Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

Add BSmith‘s ~$800k (anything less than that is an outright lie) and they are over $6m for 8 players. That leaves them less than $4m (based on a Cap of $10m) for 22 players which means most of them would have to be minimum contract $130k players. Does anyone really believe that BillySmith, Lam, Lussick, Suaali, Momirovski, Tupou, Watson, Walker and Verrills are all on ~$130k, that’s prime grade, grain feed, WagYu beef bullshit.

The Chooks being anywhere near to Salary Cap compliant is a farkin fairy tail.

Always a Bulldog
I'm sure SST and JWH will be moved on before 23 but I agree with your argument that they'll still be massively over the cap as players like Sualli and Walker would be on roughly a million combined as Sualli was signed to a huge deal and Walker was just upgraded last season.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Never saw that coming... said no one, ever...
I wish they would keep him and play him all year at lock. Or even as a benchie. Dont let him get what he wants and don’t let him develop his game sky more at hooker. Bit I can see why they want to cut him loose. Bellamy made him the player he is today and actually makes him look better than he is. The disrespect is staggering. Namaste

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheese's podcast sure makes last weeks "Kiks Photo in a Dogs Polo", small potatoes lol
True, if what he says is True. This guy loves playing with minds of the media and fans. I take what he says with a grain a salt. He's playing this out to the hilt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
True, if what he says is True. This guy loves playing with minds of the media and fans. I take what he says with a grain a salt. He's playing this out to the hilt.
Welll he did say it about Rorters, so it's on record, and really is far more insulting and disrespectful to his current employer in Storm than any mere pic of Kik in our polo shirt :grinning: