Rumour Brandon smith done deal

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a dumb fuck who has no respect for the the Storm members, the Storm fans, the Storm organisation he is currently employed at or his teammates.
Yes I agree he is very dumb. Speaks his (silly) mind before thinking about what he's saying. Like others have said on here I now think he's a one show pony. His only game is darting out of dummy half. He'll never be a Harry Grant or a Reed Mahoney. He doesn't have the brains.

Wouldn't it be nice if the NRL or a f..king journo with some balls who'se not frighten of Politis did a bit of a expose on exactly how the Roosters set their players up for life after footy -eg: does this involve the promise of any paid employment after they retire etc etc ????????????? Like what happened with B.Morris etc

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree he is very dumb. Speaks his (silly) mind before thinking about what he's saying. Like others have said on here I now think he's a one show pony. His only game is darting out of dummy half. He'll never be a Harry Grant or a Reed Mahoney. He doesn't have the brains.

Wouldn't it be nice if the NRL or a f..king journo with some balls who'se not frighten of Politis did a bit of a expose on exactly how the Roosters set their players up for life after footy -eg: does this involve the promise of any paid employment after they retire etc etc ????????????? Like what happened with B.Morris etc
A journo speaking up against uncle Nick would be walking up the steps at Moore park with his massive balls still dragging through the cross city tunnel. Uncle Nick has more connections around this city than anyone. It’s career suicide. No doubt there are some attractive post career offerings on the table at the chooks. Gives a new meaning to back ended contracts

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Note to Mahoney....THIS is how you get out of a contract early.

His plan worked perfectly. The best thing to do would be for the Storm to make him play QLD Cup for the entire year but it's not a smart move cap wise so they're left with no other option really as you cant have a player like that at the club
Funny he comes out gushing for a team he won’t play for next year and it’s fine. He shat on an organisation that nurtured him into a star, no problem.

Kikau wears a dog polo for 2 mins and doesn’t make a comment about the dogs or panthers. And there are 2 weeks of articles about it :p

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier…. But I read this arvo the Storm are willing to cut B Smith asap after what he said! My issue, why aren’t the Storm demanding a ‘Player Exchange’ like they tried pulling with us when we signed JAC a year ago???

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier…. But I read this arvo the Storm are willing to cut B Smith asap after what he said! My issue, why aren’t the Storm demanding a ‘Player Exchange’ like they tried pulling with us when we signed JAC a year ago???
they wont let him go, apparently that was 2 mins of the podcast and there is more to it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no way the Storm would let him go without a player swap.

You know the best way to prevent these situations? Don't let players sign for another club 17 months before they can play for them. The NRL are so stupid for allowing that to happen in the first place. It's not good for the players or the clubs. I hope they scrap that stupid rule as soon as possible even if we did benefit from it in securing Burton, Fox, TPJ, Kikau, Mahoney etc..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no way the Storm would let him go without a player swap.

You know the best way to prevent these situations? Don't let players sign for another club 17 months before they can play for them. The NRL are so stupid for allowing that to happen in the first place. It's not good for the players or the clubs. I hope they scrap that stupid rule as soon as possible even if we did benefit from it in securing Burton, Fox, TPJ, Kikau, Mahoney etc..
I agree with this, what's the alternative make it say 1 June in the year of contract expiry? that still leaves 9 months but likely never will there be early releases sought.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this, what's the alternative make it say 1 June in the year of contract expiry? that still leaves 9 months but likely never will there be early releases sought.
Its not 9 months....
Its only about 4 months till a typical GF in first week of October. After that, noone cares.

I agree though. Either 1st June or better still, July 1 to coincide with financial year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd have it all after the season just like in most other sports. Obviously talks will still take place before then, but if it was actually policed properly and they found evidence of tampering before then, the NRL should fine clubs heavily, prevent them from signing with that team and also take cap space off the team. That would scare teams enough.

Players could still move mid season if their current club agreed to let them negotiate with other clubs. But no other contract talks should be allowed to take place until after the season.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Credit when credit is due, you called it my bro.
Yeah, Fam. I think he is slightly overrated as a player, anyway. But when he sat out a game this year with not a thing wrong with him, it rang major alarm bells. It made me think ‘this guy has a bad attitude. He has fallen far from The Path.’ We did really well to get Reed. Namaste

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Fam. I think he is slightly overrated as a player, anyway. But when he say out a game this year eith not a thing wrong with him, it rang major alarm bells. It jade me think ‘this guy has a bad attitude. He has fallen far from The Path.’ We did really well to get Reed. Namaste
PS you know you're fam when I understood your post even with all the spelling errors lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I love you just the way you are, baby ;)

Can I call you baby, or does it have to be "fam"?
Fam is my thing and related specifically to my appreciation for the outstandingly philosophical and insightful sitcom Fam, Fam. I made a post about it, but people ignored it. Call me whatever you like. Just call me. Namaste