News Asiata gone ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not trying to push any agendas my bro, just passing on what one of the smartest brains in Australia told me.
Appreciate that - im vaxxed - im also over 60 and a life long asthmatic - i prefer preventions rather than trying to cure and am minamlist when it comes to medication - always good to get input from the smartest brains on a particular subject - which is completely different to having an opinion based on the opinions of others..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
no the viral load is the same for vaccinated people, they can spread it just the same

if it was able to reduce transmission by a significant amount then herd immunity would be achieved and covid would soon be over, don't be confused by the dropping cases in nsw, a third of the people are being tested now than in aug/sep

when it reopens for unvaccinated people and cases rise/unvaccinated people die, the only explanation is that vaccinated people are spreading it
You seem to be confused about what viral load means. The simplest and best data is that which compares rates of transmission within groups in which transmission is readily possible, and compare the numbers for vaccinated verses unvaccinated. Do that with a large enough population sample and you have reliable outcomes based data. This was done in Sweden with over 800,000 household groups used in the data. It was clear that there is less transmission in households where most or all of the individuals are vaccinated.

Here is their summary as to what their data showed: In this cohort study, family members without immunity had a 45% to 97% lower risk of contracting COVID-19 as the number of immune family members increased. Vaccination is a key strategy for decreasing the transmission of the virus within families.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rodzilla:
"vaccinated people carry the same amount of virus as unvaccinated and spread it just as much, so actually people over 80 are at greater risk of death from covid because of people who got vaccinated as they have a greater chance of not knowing they have it".

The Lancet latest study:
Median time between exposure to the index case and study enrolment was 4 days (IQR 4–5). All participants in this particular study, had non-severe ambulatory illness or were asymptomatic. The proportion of asymptomatic cases did not differ among fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, and unvaccinated delta groups (appendix p 3).

Reactions: ATT

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You seem to be confused about what viral load means. The simplest and best data is that which compares rates of transmission within groups in which transmission is readily possible, and compare the numbers for vaccinated verses unvaccinated. Do that with a large enough population sample and you have reliable outcomes based data. This was done in Sweden with over 800,000 household groups used in the data. It was clear that there is less transmission in households where most or all of the individuals are vaccinated.

Here is their summary as to what their data showed: In this cohort study, family members without immunity had a 45% to 97% lower risk of contracting COVID-19 as the number of immune family members increased. Vaccination is a key strategy for decreasing the transmission of the virus within families.
in the UK they are going through the worst 3 month period of new cases, they have only dipped below 30,000 new cases a day average for a few days since august

if getting the vaccine reduced transmission then the UK being 60% fully vaccinated would lower this figure, but whichever way you want to explain it, complacency, people having no symptoms, opening up the country, in the uk it is more dangerous being over 80 in the last 3 months than when nobody had the vaccine

australia is in a false sense of security now, vaccinated people thinking they don't spread it as much or at all is very bad news for people over 80, its much better to have nobody vaccinated, knowing when they have it and thinking they can spread it to you

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why wait?
If Thompson leaves, I'm gone too. I can't believe the club is now deciding what the players must to put in their bodies. If the vaccine is even remotely effective, what difference does it make if some don't have it? I don't know much about Asiata as a person,but he has gone up in my estimations for standing up for what he believes in. It's what made this country great in the past,and goes a long way to explaining why we are now a micro managed nanny state.
Not sure if that was a rhetorical question,but the first 3 words of my post contain the answer

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To top it off I haven't met a soul who has had covid either, nor has anyone I've yet to come across.
Being honest, I actually see where you're coming from. Very few in Aus have truly experienced the implications of covid as you've been able to keep it relatively under control. So, it's a bit like "out of sight, out of mind." I get it.

Are you a parent? I am. Now, I don't know anyone who has died from driving too fast, but I'd always tell my kids to stick to the speed limits. Why? Even tho I haven't personally experienced it, there's clear evidence that speeding kills so I need to do what's best for my kids.

In Australia, I don't think you've experienced, truly experienced the devastating affects of covid. That's great. But, it doesn't mean it's not bad, does it?

Let's put this into perspective.

I live in Slovenia which apparently had/has the highest rate of covid infections per 100k in the world. I believe an average of over 3k new infections a day for around 2m people? At present I believe it's at around 20 deaths a day. Big numbers in all honesty for such a small country.

You don't know anyone who's had covid? Here I think it'd be hard finding someone who doesn't know a person who has had covid. It's the norm over here tbh.

In my immediate circle, brother and sister in-law, neice and nephew, brother in law's girlfriend, 4 close friends. Next door neighbour died from it. But, if I then go to friends and acquaintances ... Massive massive numbers. I teach and this week alone I could say a minimal of 20 kids have been infected from my classes. That's in 2 days.

Saying you don't know anyone with covid may be true, and I understand it because you haven't been hot in Australia with the reality of the situation.

But, it doesn't mean that covid isn't real. Or dangerous.

I'll give you one final example.

A close family friend. Her old mother fell ill and had to go into intensive care. Not connected to covid at all. But, because of covid patients overloading the hospitals here her treatment was heavily affected.

No visitors were allowed to see her go the 2 weeks she was in intensive care. The nurses didn't change her position enough while she was lying in bed because they simply didn't have the time.

The result? She's alive but has come out a vegetable. Extremely confused and forgets heaps. Barely speaking. Very poor body movement. All avoidable, easily avoidable in normal times.

There are so many long reaching affects of covid. I hope that you Aussies take it seriously and never get to our stage as it honestly sucks balls (usually for me this is positive but it's negative in this instance)

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if that was a rhetorical question,but the first 3 words of my post contain the answer
Your first 3 words 'If Thompson leaves'

So you are saying that your support of the Bulldogs is dependent on if Thomson is part of the team or not.

Every player leaves sooner or later.

So if your support for The Bulldogs depends on Thompson and sooner or later he will leave, then you won't support the Bulldogs when he does leave.

So why wait until Thompson leaves. You can leave now.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your first 3 words 'If Thompson leaves'

So you are saying that your support of the Bulldogs is dependent on if Thomson is part of the team or not.

Every player leaves sooner or later.

So if your support for The Bulldogs depends on Thompson and sooner or later he will leave, then you won't support the Bulldogs when he does leave.

So why wait until Thompson leaves. You can leave now.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.
I can't believe you thought that your comment was in any way ambiguous or needed explination to anyone with the ability to read it.
If Thompson was to be forced out by the club along with Asiata over something so ridiculous. I would disagree strongly with the clubs attitude and stance. I couldn't support any organisation, whose principles I strongly disagree with. It's called integrity. It had nothing to do with Thompson the player in particular.
But thanks for being magnanimous enough to let me leave if I wanted to.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe you thought that your comment was in any way ambiguous or needed explination to anyone with the ability to read it.
If Thompson was to be forced out by the club along with Asiata over something so ridiculous. I would disagree strongly with the clubs attitude and stance. I couldn't support any organisation, whose principles I strongly disagree with. It's called integrity. It had nothing to do with Thompson the player in particular.
Well you asked if it was rhetorical so you came across like you needed help with your English comprehension.

And if that is what your support is dependent on, then please leave and find a club that more closely aligns with your moral values.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you left already?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well you asked if it was rhetorical so you came across like you needed help with your English comprehension.

And if that is what your support is dependent on, then please leave and find a club that more closely aligns with your moral values.
Comprehension I'm ok with, my grammar is questionable sometimes. So if you see any glaring errors or obvious things you'd like to point out, Now that I'm not going anywhere, that would be great

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comprehension I'm ok with, my grammar is questionable sometimes. So if you see any glaring errors or obvious things you'd like to point out, Now that I'm not going anywhere, that would be great
Glad to see you are staying.

Don't know how old you are, but I have been around the block a few times.

I have seen players come and go, I have seen administrators come and go, But one thing I have realised is................

The Bulldogs are forever!!!!!!!!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad to see you are staying.

Don't know how old you are, but I have been around the block a few times.

I have seen players come and go, I have seen administrators come and go, But one thing I have realised is................

The Bulldogs are forever!!!!!!!!!
I would have been a regretful decision, I could never go for anyone else,my kids would disown me and I love the footy too
I started following them in 1979.

Last edited: