Official Matt Burton on his way

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
His text is respectful and honourable. I see in his words an excitement for what lies ahead. He will come to us with GF winning experience. While winning an NRL GF is every child's dream....it's just that...a childhood dream.
He's fully aware what lies ahead....an ADULT dream to lead a side from oblivion to be a competitive force again. He's aware of our history and our culture. He'd have a good repore with others like Naden and Hetho and the coach and will welcome the challenge to be a leader and develop his team into a powerhouse again.
Welcome Matty and every success.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U read into a lot of things,he will b fine has a good support group around him,and I’m sure he was up to the challenge,and remember Penrith had the opportunity to keep him,and only offered $300ka season for him,and no excuse about their salary cap because they signed other players after letting him go.
Take him to El Jannah in Punchbowl. He’ll quickly love the club and area hahaha

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% he's one of those. A 5/8th that is also as damaging in the centres like those you mentioned.
When you have a half that has a natural effective running game (Just Like Freddy and Loz) but is also just as capable of setting up his outside players... it will be very hard for opposing teams to have an effective strategy around him. if they come up off the line to shut him down that will open up gaps for his supports and if the hang back waiting to see what he will do he will make them pay with his running game. In a way it could be better for us that Burton didn't play in the halves all year at the panthers. Would give the opportunity for opposition coaches to try pull his game apart. At this stage all they will likely be saying is to watch out for his step.

I can see that some coaches will try to shut him down but also smothering his outside men to reduce their opportunities, opening up plenty of opportunities for kicks behind for JAC to add to his try tally.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much pressure on him... will take a few games to get going given he played most of the year at centre.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has here started training with the boys yet? Where is he?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has here started training with the boys yet? Where is he?
He still has the Panthers street parade to do on the 20th Nov yet.
So he's still officially a Panther :tearsofjoy:

He's starts the 1st Dec mate.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one player I’m excited for 22. We can build the club around him.