News Asiata

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Asiata doesn't see himself earning another contract beyond this year and would rather just retire than take the jab...

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worry’s let him go and get matterson from parra big strong and can ball play or will John have a change of heart and get it’s sorted

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson isn’t vaccinated and I doubt he will be. His wife posted a Insta story saying it was bullshit that he ended up getting the jab. My moneys on that story was put through by Gus to quieten the media

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson isn’t vaccinated and I doubt he will be. His wife posted a Insta story saying it was bullshit that he ended up getting the jab. My moneys on that story was put through by Gus to quieten the media
Gus isn't that stupid. Thommo on the other hand ...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes you caught me well done, i joined the kennel as an 11 year old and have been secretly posting as someone else while building an nrl career for myself so that one day i can trick the kennel later in my career
It does make sense now

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i had a bad reaction to the vaccine so i know its not bullshit, jeremy chardy the tennis player had to shut down his season and can't even train, eric clapton feared he wouldn't be able to play music ever again, many more cases don't make me bring out the list ffs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i agree that the vaccine is mostly fine and most people will be fine, but don't act like its safe for everyone and anyone who refuses is a nutjob

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By imposing a hardline rule like the afl,the only winner’s would be the lawyers,communism died in the 80s,at least the clubs and players have the options of communicating with one another to possibly find a solution,the afl is no better than the government,telling people u have to this and do that’s dictatorship.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting read and goes into detail regarding the way in which vaccinations are

The Government is not saying you MUST be vaccinated...they are suggesting you DO get vaccinated in order to give society the best chance of getting back to what we previously knew of as normal.Those that don't want to get vaccinated will be allowed into society but not with the exact same rules as others, under health orders which have to be followed. There have been certain professions that have a mandate in place such as aged care and in Victoria certain "authorised" professions have rules to follow. Each state and territory have their own discrimination legislation which must be followed, thereby creating issues when it comes to interstate travel, something the NRL will need to take into consideration when deciding how their rules within the game itself are to be followed.

Obviously the NRL does not want to have an issue, so has left it to clubs to do their dirty work with initial policing of vaccination. Even though it is not compulsory to be vaccinated, being unvaccinated will be an issue whereby certain guidelines will have to be followed, different to those vaccinated. The NRL had the bubble in place and will no doubt insist on a similar arrangement for next season, that bubble allowed players to fulfil their obligations in a safe manner for everyone in the sport.

In line with not being mandated to be vaccinated but choosing not to be of their own volition , players will not be sacked, but will be stood down from games not because a club wants to do so but has to do so because the player is not vaccinated. .It then brings about the question as to whether or not players are actually in breach of contract for not being available for every game for their club , when the normal NRL contract insists that they are ( except when they have been selected in rep games etc. )
It will make for an interesting showdown.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No worry’s let him go and get matterson from parra big strong and can ball play or will John have a change of heart and get it’s sorted
Matterson is on 2.5 times as much at a guess where we getting the other 300+K from ?
And other people jumping in saying "fuck him and oh wait thommo too? stuff them we can buy this or that" should CALM DOWN Thompson relented weeks ago this story is at least half or maybe totally inaccurate ffs!!

IF true and Asiata doesnt wish to comply so be it that is his call.Btw he is NOT a plodder either lol but certainly fairly easily replaceable.
Agree with Tassie if he has in his mind valid reason(s)then good on him for standing his ground and saying no thanks.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The greater problem Howie...
Why isn't there a clear and unified rule from the NRL for all clubs to follow ?
And why is the National Rorts League leaving clubs to deal with these issues separately ?
Because the Clubs are the employers of players and it is their responsibility to apply any legislation. Not for the NRL to manage, they control the admistration of the game

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Upgrade Judda Turahui. The kid is gonna be a superstar mark my words. He returns to pre season tomorrow.
If he was such a superstar why did Melbourne let him go?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the Clubs are the employers of players and it is their responsibility to apply any legislation. Not for the NRL to manage, they control the admistration of the game
Pretty sure the way the contracts are put together the NRL is actually who the player has a contract with. At the least, the NRL is a key party in the contract of every player, and therefore the only entity to be involved in every single player contract.