Reaction score
Another view on that S.M.H. piece.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tony Windsor
@TonyHWindsor

Neither #Idontwanttohearthat Gladys and Barilaro have given the real reasons for resigning in the middle of a crisis.

6:23 AM · Oct 5, 2021·Twitter for iPad
Ain't that the truth? Berejiklian moaned about the timing of the ICAC order, saying she needed to focus on fighting the virus, and nothing else mattered. Then suddenly the deputy premier, and Andrew Constance decide to go. So much for needing real leadership during a time of crisis.

It's all about them.

If Gladys wasn't worried about what ICAC would find, she would still be in parliament. So far, three Liberal premiers have been caught by ICAC, and resigned. There must be something rotten going on; and I reckon property development is at the heart of it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth? Berejiklian moaned about the timing of the ICAC order, saying she needed to focus on fighting the virus, and nothing else mattered. Then suddenly the deputy premier, and Andrew Constance decide to go. So much for needing real leadership during a time of crisis.

It's all about them.

If Gladys wasn't worried about what ICAC would find, she would still be in parliament. So far, three Liberal premiers have been caught by ICAC, and resigned. There must be something rotten going on; and I reckon property development is at the heart of it.
Some big allegations out there about Barra.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This getting re-hashed now.

it raises a bit of an issue generally re our representatives and where they live. Should they have to live in the electorate they represent, or at least closeby?

ideally i think they should. Both my current Federal rep and the previous one live in the neighbourhood and you would see both of them just going about their business, but circumstances can change, some in control of the representative, some not (most notably boundary changes by the AEC. Years ago i lived around the corner from John Howard's family home in Wollstonecraft, which was in his electorate at when he first entered parliament, but over the years it had moved west and away. Should John have moved, or forced a by-election?

I do dislike seeing sitting members or good local candidates getting shafted by parachuting in someone else - like for example Labor tried with Krintina Keneally into SW Sydney. i think it especially grates when someone is saying they will presented a lower socio-economoc area whilst living far away in a suburb with no commonality whatsoever.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how much input Gladys had on the matter but the direction came from the Transport Ministers office and implemented by the Ministry of Transport.
Maybe ask ICAC to investigate.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmfao the left losing their minds this guy is a staunch Christian and is against murdering the unborn. Oh the evil a white straight man wanting to protect the right to life who can’t speak for themselves.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember reading something about a psych book on child psychology (the gold standard). 30 years ago there were 200 odd 'issues', apparently the latest version of this has 30000 types of child problems. The whole mental health industry is just that, a fckng industry.
Spot on. The way "disorders" are categorised and described is incomplete at best, highly misleading at worst, and the system in Australia that means you go to a GP to get diagnosed before you can go to a Psychologist is laughable. The GP will sit with you for 15 minutes, and diagnose you based on a few questions about your mood state. Psychologists are having to deal with having new clients turn up with a diagnosis based on their current mood state, but who it turns out just had a marriage breakup, a parent died, and the new meds the GP put them on a week ago because he diagnosed them as depressed is now making them feel really tired and absurdly hungry.

Problem is once the system decides you are depressed, that is a flag for all kinds of things, so for the Psych to turn the diagnosis around and say "no, this client is experiencing some human stuff, you morons" comes with a lot of knock on effects. The problem is that the medical model looks at the individual and ignores the context. Context is extremely important when it comes to our mental wellbeing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
it raises a bit of an issue generally re our representatives and where they live. Should they have to live in the electorate they represent, or at least closeby?

ideally i think they should. Both my current Federal rep and the previous one live in the neighbourhood and you would see both of them just going about their business, but circumstances can change, some in control of the representative, some not (most notably boundary changes by the AEC. Years ago i lived around the corner from John Howard's family home in Wollstonecraft, which was in his electorate at when he first entered parliament, but over the years it had moved west and away. Should John have moved, or forced a by-election?

I do dislike seeing sitting members or good local candidates getting shafted by parachuting in someone else - like for example Labor tried with Krintina Keneally into SW Sydney. i think it especially grates when someone is saying they will presented a lower socio-economoc area whilst living far away in a suburb with no commonality whatsoever.
I was reading that the Vietnamese lady vying for the seat of Fowler that Keneally is after, wasn't a local either? Only just moved there late last year after the current member indicated he would endorse her.

The Cambodian community have sent a letter endorsing Keneally and several locals feel having a rep of Keneally's profile is more advantageous for the seat and constituents?

Has Keneally been implicated with anything else dodgy other than the Obeid issue? I haven't followed her goings on that much.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was reading that the Vietnamese lady in the seat of Fowler that Keneally is after, wasn't a local either? Only just moved there late last year after the current member indicated he would endorse her.

The Cambodian community have sent a letter endorsing Keneally and several locals feel having a rep of Keneally's profile is more advantageous for the seat and constituents?

Has Keneally been implicated with anything else dodgy other than the Obeid issue? I haven't followed her goings on that much.
I must admit i haven't followed the Keneally matter THAT closely, but the whole thing did feel a bit like a parachute (and was an example). The only thing she appears to have in common with the Fowler demographic of Fowler is that she is an immigrant.

She was often linked to obeid but i don;t think has ever been accused of anything directly. I actually think she's a good politician in that she's a good attack dog in opposition.

An example i remember from years ago was when Pat Farmer, the former ultra marathon runner was going to go for a seat past Campbelltown (LNP), when his lived in Mosman. That was a stretch.

I just think there's something about seeing your local rep out and about in the community and when you feel that they have a clue about the area they are representing.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just think there's something about seeing your local rep out and about in the community and when you feel that they have a clue about the area they are representing.
That was kind of the original idea. These days not only do candidates often have a loose association with their district, but gerrymandering also messes with the whole localisation of democracy concept, although that is a far far bigger problem in the US.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
My doc just diagnosed me with Berejicklian syndrome. I told him "I don't need to hear that", he responded "exactly".

Regardless, took the prescription anyways :-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I must admit i haven't followed the Keneally matter THAT closely, but the whole thing did feel a bit like a parachute (and was an example). The only thing she appears to have in common with the Fowler demographic of Fowler is that she is an immigrant.

She was often linked to obeid but i don;t think has ever been accused of anything directly. I actually think she's a good politician in that she's a good attack dog in opposition.

An example i remember from years ago was when Pat Farmer, the former ultra marathon runner was going to go for a seat past Campbelltown (LNP), when his lived in Mosman. That was a stretch.

What would be her best seat to run for then if not Fowler?

Take on a fight for a blue ribbon Lib seat? She already lost to John Alexander.

"Keneally and her family previously lived in Pagewood, within the electorate of Heffron which she represented in state parliament. In 2016, Keneally and her husband sold their home and moved across Sydney to a rented home in the affluent suburb of Hunters Hill. and also have a townhouse in Wollstonecraft".