2021 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
an excellent finals game and I thought the lack of a good hooker cost the Eels... too much bad service out of the dummy half IMO

the Panthers know how to exploit the system... consistently holding down Eels players on the first tackle so that their defensive line can get set and blunting any Eels momentum for the cost of a six again, which in effect is a penalty of one extra tackle... having their trainer call for the game to be stopped for a Panthers player on the ground 15 metres behind the play while the Eels were attacking their line down 2 points with time running out... and the injury was having his foot trodden on

Luai's form has really fallen away... Naden was good bringing the ball out early in sets --> looks a better option than Staines in truth... Paulo was awesome... hopefully, TPJ harnesses but controls his anger when with us

Eels unlucky at the death as Gutherson was stripped

glad the Eels out... now, Death to the Panthers!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis was bad tonight, Parra nuts were way to deep in his throat. Listen to him when Paulo runs at Cleary at the end, embarrassing.
I’ve actually gone back to watching channel 9, I’m guessing you have to watch fox coverage in NZ.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Penrith were owed a free interchange from when Nikorai was placed on report. Didn't know that was a thing to be honest.
You can’t save free interchanges. Surely?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cracking game
Nah it was shit bro. Refs were shit, vlandys was shit, coaches were shit, crowd was shit, commentary was shit. Nah I actually agree with you

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stone got exposed they needed more from DH

He is a top defender, then again he is their 3rd string choice.

Parra will be back next year there abouts again

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
From the rules.
A “free” interchange is permitted if a player is fouled and injured by a player who is dismissed from the field, sin binned or placed on report. it applies only when the injured player is immediately replaced. should the injured player later return to the field, the interchange is then counted.
I give up - the only way this game can be played now is with 28 referees. One 4 each player and a ref to ref the ref.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne vs Souths or
Melbourne vs Manly

Hopefully there’s something else on that night.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pangai was dynamic he was probably the best forward on the field in the 2nd half. He offers a point of difference from enforcers like JFH & RCG
Been so long sinse we had someone that can smash the defensive line. Cant wiat to see him in the Blue n White.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
an excellent finals game and I thought the lack of a good hooker cost the Eels... too much bad service out of the dummy half IMO

the Panthers know how to exploit the system... consistently holding down Eels players on the first tackle so that their defensive line can get set and blunting any Eels momentum for the cost of a six again, which in effect is a penalty of one extra tackle... having their trainer call for the game to be stopped for a Panthers player on the ground 15 metres behind the play while the Eels were attacking their line down 2 points with time running out... and the injury was having his foot trodden on

Luai's form has really fallen away... Naden was good bringing the ball out early in sets --> looks a better option than Staines in truth... Paulo was awesome... hopefully, TPJ harnesses but controls his anger when with us

glad the Eels out... Death to the Panthers!
Disagree. If Api’s wasn’t a strip then neither was Guthos. They were trying to take him over the sideline and wrapping the ball so he couldn’t offload and Gutherson lost it trying to get rid of it. Why would they strip the ball in that scenario?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

glad the Eels out... now, Death to the Panthers!
Nah he let the ball go deliberately hoping for a penalty
He does shit like that every game if you watch him, smart player but a pest

Nader was excellent carting the ball out, tpj good offloads

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve actually gone back to watching channel 9, I’m guessing you have to watch fox coverage in NZ.
Yeah. The other package I had I was able to chose which commentary team, but now I only have the fox commentary.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree. If Api’s wasn’t a strip then neither was Guthos. They were trying to take him over the sideline and wrapping the ball so he couldn’t offload and Gutherson lost it trying to get rid of it. Why would they strip the ball in that scenario?
preventing a try scoring opportunity?