Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
last week Jacko was at first reciever.
was like watching Tolman getting in the way again.
this however is an issue fixed by the hooker selecting the correct pass
I looked at Penrith last night and there are similarities between how Yeo plays that role and how Baz has been trying to get Jacko to do it.

But the problem is Jacko can’t fucking pass !! He has never been able to. Maybe that’s what Asiata is lined up to do next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I looked at Penrith last night and there are similarities between how Yeo plays that role and how Baz has been trying to get Jacko to do it.

But the problem is Jacko can’t fucking pass !! He has never been able to. Maybe that’s what Asiata is lined up to do next year
Yay, more panther cookie cutter shit.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I said the same thing. What does Concern me though is that we don’t have a fucking 7. I’ll be fucked if Averillo or Flanagan is that guy. Penrith system completely rubs out the 6. Which is gonna be our biggest asset. Either Burton plays 7 and controls everything or find a system to utilise him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I'm not sure if he can't pass, sometimes he does it, my problem is he doesn't pass it enough, maybe doesn't have the vision or is being to safe, and tucking under for a hit up.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s like Baz has tried to get us playing like Penrith, playing up tempo, using lock as a link to get the halves wider of the ruck. Our roster is incapable of that. It worries me a bit that Baz can’t adapt.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he can't pass, sometimes he does it, my problem is he doesn't pass it enough, maybe doesn't have the vision or is being to safe, and tucking under for a hit up.
He can’t pass at a level anywhere near what that role demands is what I was referring to . Yeo puts the ball out in front of the outside men and even digs into the line.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s like Baz has tried to get us playing like Penrith, playing up tempo, using lock as a link to get the halves wider of the ruck. Our roster is incapable of that. It worries me a bit that Baz can’t adapt.
Very, very good point. He tried to coach a system that we don’t have the players to implement.

But is that his fault or the players ?

If you listen to Yeo get interviewed he had enormous praise for Baz and how he helped evolve his game. The same with N Cleary. Maybe our players just aren’t capable of improving or maybe Baz has failed to realise their limitations. I don’t know because I don’t go to training.

Bottom line is he needs to adapt or he’s done

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett has admitted that the Knights game is not about winning, but looking for improvement. Wonder what next week's objective will be?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was an issue I noticed during the first trial and has only gotten worse as the season has gone on. How Trent thought he could get a reject halfback in Flanagan and a ball runner in Jake to play the Cleary role within a season was absolutely ridiculous and just shows what he has failed in his previous head coaching roles (Manly, Penrith 20's). He might be great working with individual players but in terms of making the big boy decisions he just doesn't have it. We should never have tried to implement this style off footy, how you can spend months training with these guys and think they could is a massive concern.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very, very good point. He tried to coach a system that we don’t have the players to implement.

But is that his fault or the players ?

If you listen to Yeo get interviewed he had enormous praise for Baz and how he helped evolve his game. The same with N Cleary. Maybe our players just aren’t capable of improving or maybe Baz has failed to realise their limitations. I don’t know because I don’t go to training.

Bottom line is he needs to adapt or he’s done
Are we going to have the players for it next year? Honestly I hate this system, it looked the way forward last year but under the rule changes it just isn't necessary imo. You don't need to try and finesse your way through the opposition.

Yeo had 37 touches last night for Panthers while Luai had 38...that's...concerning. it can work though, Luai with limited chances can rack up multiple try involvements in short succession but it just seems so inefficient. Are we really going to limit Burton's good ball next season so the lock and halfback can run the show? Lol no thanks. The system has to go, if not then Baz can go instead.