Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As you can in my previous see. I am all for vaccine (even restrictions on those unvaccinated).

But. These lockdowns are going to become less and less effective as time goes on. Because people are going to comply less and less.

The government missed the "go hard fast and short" approach.

There were plans to create tent hospitals and staff them with a mixture of civillian and ADF staff. I know this as fact. Is it something that could be implemented now? Dare say so with two weeks notice. Is it sustainable, who know?

Lockdowns definitely are not. People dont comply, with the high rate of infection, lockdown becomes ineffective.

The decision to only allow tradies outside certain LGAs to work as of Saturday is going to create even more divide and non-compliance
I’d be interested to know the percentage of tradies living within those LGAs because I bet it’s quite high

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 27429
Spotted in Ohio: How pathetic is this - deliberately politicising the issue - and for what? If you don’t want the shot don’t get it and whatever consequences there are that’s the way it goes. But for anyone to say they will not admit people to their place of business if they are vaccinated when it is clearly not a potential public safety issue is just inflammatory and pointless.
Walk in there and sneeze on them and say, "There's your proof"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d be interested to know the percentage of tradies living within those LGAs because I bet it’s quite high
I would say so. My father-in-law is in Merrylands and there's many tradies that live there, but I think most tradies would be in the Blacktown area. The ones that aren't in the Central Coast.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% how the f**k can you allow construction to open when over 50% of the workers are likely from Western or south Western Sydney.

What a clusterf*ck this has become. Meanwhile Melbourne has come out of lockdown today.
Depends all construction should not of been lumped together for a start, I said yesterday my area on the coast hasn't had a case in 16months, I work with one person on empty holiday houses in a town that is empty because all the owners are from Sydney in lockdown. I found it bizarre we got treated as the same as a major construction site, saying that it is what it is ,I won't be jumping up and down screaming im enjoying my mid year break

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the Canterbury-Bankstown LGA and I am a tradie.

I have also had house renovations up until the lockdown.

From my understanding, i will be at home for another 4 weeks and no tradies can come and continue work at my place as we are "living inside the premises"

Thats how i understood it
Yeh thats how i understood it. But if you are a tradie outside that LGA, you can work.

I am not sure if you're a tradie from outside the LGA, can you work on a site inside the LGA with restrictions and testing etc etc

Either way, tradies finding ways around it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Canterbury-Bankstown LGA and I am a tradie.

I have also had house renovations up until the lockdown.

From my understanding, i will be at home for another 4 weeks and no tradies can come and continue work at my place as we are "living inside the premises"

Thats how i understood it
11 they announce restrictions ect.dont know if that will help or make it even more confusing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Indonesia is coping a beating, over 2000 dead 24hrs ,150 kids dead in a week and 114 drs have died this month.
SE Asia is going backwards very quickly. i saw something last week about how i think somewhere in Indonesia was handling the funerals. They spoke to a coffin maker who was doing a roaring trade. The Price of coffins was going up as materials were becoming more scarce (as well as them just simply cashing in). People were being cremated as there was a backlog for burials and they were getting too expensive for many families.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a few interesting stats for the people that kept saying that this is a bad flu:

- A bad flu kills around 0.1-0.2% of those infected

- In the USA this has killed 1.77% of those infected, and it has killed 0.188% of the total population of America

- In Peru this has killed 0.58% of their total population

Even if you factor in missed cases, even if the whole population was infected and you missed it, this is still much worse than a bad flu.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reports coming in that RPA has been declared a hotspot and patients are being turned away.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Georges River LGA and Parramatta LGA are apparently going in to the same lockdown restrictions as the other SW LGAs.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I think people genuinely do not understand how delicate the situation is and why opening up right now just isn't feasible. Right now even with lockdowns we're itching close to 200 new cases per day, if we open everything back up that number would likely increase exponentially day after day, 1000 cases per day would not be out of the question after a week. I keep hearing the less than 1% death argument and here's the problem with that argument, the hospitalization rate is between 8-10%, with around 2-3% requiring to be treated in ICU, we only have approx 900 ICU beds in NSW at normal capacity. If we opened up now and 'learnt to live with it' as all the Insta heros are proposing we'd need to set up temporary New York style ICU wards within a few weeks and that's assuming we have enough nurses and doctors to work in those wards
People dont understand because they chose not to.

Example - Probably 60 people where I work her in QLD/Brisbane suburbia
No immediate threat at this point in time catching covid in the community.
Maybe 4 have had their 1st shot.
No-one else is interested and any time the subject is brought up, no-one wants to really talk about it or its Ill wait to see what happens.
People have pre-concieved ideas from what they have heard on tv, radio and social media.
Because Covid isnt/hasnt been an immediate threat (here in Brisbane),no one will do a bit of research for themselves to make an informed decision whether vaccination is for them or not.
Add to that, even if covid was rampant in the community, how many would actually do some research?

So just a small sample of a group of people.

Cant see how anyone including the government can project X amount of vaccinations will be distributed at a given time in the future.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People dont understand because they chose not to.

Example - Probably 60 people where I work her in QLD/Brisbane suburbia
No immediate threat at this point in time catching covid in the community.
Maybe 4 have had their 1st shot.
No-one else is interested and any time the subject is brought up, no-one wants to really talk about it or its Ill wait to see what happens.
People have pre-concieved ideas from what they have heard on tv, radio and social media.
Because Covid isnt/hasnt been an immediate threat (here in Brisbane),no one will do a bit of research for themselves to make an informed decision whether vaccination is for them or not.
Add to that, even if covid was rampant in the community, how many would actually do some research?

So just a small sample of a group of people.

Cant see how anyone including the government can project X amount of vaccinations will be distributed at a given time in the future.
Funny you say that. We're only a small office 5. 4 of us, all in our 40s, are fully vaccinated, whilst the 5th is only a young ún (like 25) and said he intends to get it when its his turn.

but yes, i think not having a serious outbreak here probably works against the goal of trying to get everything at least wanting to get vaccinated.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
4 weeks lockdown extension confirmed for all of Greater Sydney.

177 new cases, 46 infectious in the community.

New rules:

- No shopping outside your LGA (or 10km outside your home)

Additional hard lockdown LGAs:

- Parramatta LGA
- Georges River LGA
- Campbelltown LGA

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
4 weeks lockdown extension confirmed for all of Greater Sydney.

177 new cases, 46 infectious in the community.

New rules:

- No shopping outside your LGA (or 10km outside your home)

Additional hard lockdown LGAs:

- Parramatta LGA
- Georges River LGA
- Campbelltown LGA
Now 8 LGAs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Construction:

- No construction in hard lockdown LGAs but construction will resume in non-occupied areas (commercial, non-residential)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
- Regional NSW vaccines will be re-allocated to HSC students in the 8 hard lockdown LGAs.

- Root bubble, you can nominate one person who can visit your house for a root. But they have to live in your local government area and you can't have a different person each day. Just the one person. Gladys may or may not have used the word "root"

Status
Not open for further replies.