Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF!! Coast included u reckon, we currently have 0.002% of our population with covid. Construction sites etc included, people be going nuts I reckon if this the case.
Yeah ,I'm guessing they hold of on construction for another week ,kinda sucks hasn't been case in woy for 16months or something, I work with one other person on empty holiday houses, but yet still can't go to work ,but I'm not really stressing would suck more for other people, I've lost a few thousand due to covid but the works there, poor food joints that rules change daily would be a nightmare .

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah ,I'm guessing they hold of on construction for another week ,kinda sucks hasn't been case in woy for 16months or something, I work with one other person on empty holiday houses, but yet still can't go to work ,but I'm not really stressing would suck more for other people, I've lost a few thousand due to covid but the works there, poor food joints that rules change daily would be a nightmare .
Food joints gone, any entertainment sector gone. Tourism gone. Seen a fair few shops of late with for lease signs on the window. Not good.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Channel 7 all but confirmed construction will be back on Monday with limitations on numbers. And lockdown extended for 4 more weeks.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Food joints gone, any entertainment sector gone. Tourism gone. Seen a fair few shops of late with for lease signs on the window. Not good.
Yep ,I noticed a lot of food buisness are taking the adapt and survive approach some are smashing it now they do deliver ect. My mate owns a live venue they are taking a good hit but due to a loyal customer base they are surviving and are excited they can adapt their new options ontop of what they were doing when things return to semi normal. Places in shopping centres that pay an absolute fortune not so much but hopefully they can work stuff out, greedy shopping centres will be sweating atm most shit can be bought online hopefully the retailers stick it to them and find other ways, fuck even i got a plan B if i don't go back to work in a month.
I start an only fans and people pay me to put my clothes back on , if people are retarded enough to think mundine speaks facts ill have no problem milking a few hundred from idiots

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree there are plenty of vaccines available, it’s peoples reluctance to get them holding us back. I’ve had mates under 30 get the Pfizer already. I talk to old blokes at work, and they say I haven’t even looked into it yet.
There is going to be those who aren't bothered but the majority of my mates are in their 20s and 30s and want the Pfizer shot but when they check the eligibility on official health website they see that they aren't eligible in this phase of the roll out.
There's a reason why Gladys is scrambling so hard for more pfizer shots

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is going to be those who aren't bothered but the majority of my mates are in their 20s and 30s and want the Pfizer shot but when they check the eligibility on official health website they see that they aren't eligible in this phase of the roll out.
That's where there seems to be a lot of conflicting information, both on an official level and also on the ground.

I know a 22 year old not in a risk category who got her shots recently. I think she did a walk in somewhere and was prepared to wait for a cancelation or something, whereas there are people older than me (43) and in a higher "category" who reckon they can't get it. Some of those people i think are simply not looking hard enough and waiting for a written invitation or something.

Overall, the roll out is getting quicker, but is dismally behind where it should be - but there are also opportunities to get done if you really want to and are prepared to look/ask (and that's just with the Pfizer shot).

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that’s true for younger people. Yet covid don’t really affect the younger that’s why I guess there being held for older population. There is AstraZeneca for these people. It’s available, ready to go. The UK used it. This is my point it’s not the government’s fault, it’s people’s reluctance to get certain types. Yes it’s our choice, but there’s plenty of vaccine available.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lockdown in for another 4 weeks. Good call, 2 elderly people did die overnight!!!

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No other option really unfortunately :(
Yep, I think people genuinely do not understand how delicate the situation is and why opening up right now just isn't feasible. Right now even with lockdowns we're itching close to 200 new cases per day, if we open everything back up that number would likely increase exponentially day after day, 1000 cases per day would not be out of the question after a week. I keep hearing the less than 1% death argument and here's the problem with that argument, the hospitalization rate is between 8-10%, with around 2-3% requiring to be treated in ICU, we only have approx 900 ICU beds in NSW at normal capacity. If we opened up now and 'learnt to live with it' as all the Insta heros are proposing we'd need to set up temporary New York style ICU wards within a few weeks and that's assuming we have enough nurses and doctors to work in those wards

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only good thing about these lockdowns (which I think should’ve been more targeted and implemented earlier) is it’s making people who were scared to get vaccinated get up and do their part. I know it’s not easy when the health advice on AZ changes every bloody week though.

I heard yesterday out of the 46 cases in ICU only one person has received one dose and the other 45 have had none. The vast majority are of an age where there has been a vaccine available to them for months or weeks.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep, I think people genuinely do not understand how delicate the situation is and why opening up right now just isn't feasible. Right now even with lockdowns we're itching close to 200 new cases per day, if we open everything back up that number would likely increase exponentially day after day, 1000 cases per day would not be out of the question after a week. I keep hearing the less than 1% death argument and here's the problem with that argument, the hospitalization rate is between 8-10%, with around 2-3% requiring to be treated in ICU, we only have approx 900 ICU beds in NSW at normal capacity. If we opened up now and 'learnt to live with it' as all the Insta heros are proposing we'd need to set up temporary New York style ICU wards within a few weeks and that's assuming we have enough nurses and doctors to work in those wards
If I could give a trophy for this post I would, well said.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
F905DBF6-768F-41A6-98AC-43BF47873408.jpeg

Spotted in California: Pathetic. Deliberately politicising the issue - and for what? Don’t want the shot? Don’t get it and whatever the consequences that’s the way it goes. But to not admit anyone to their place of business if they are vaccinated is clearly not a potential public safety issue but inflammatory and pointless.

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As you can in my previous see. I am all for vaccine (even restrictions on those unvaccinated).

But. These lockdowns are going to become less and less effective as time goes on. Because people are going to comply less and less.

The government missed the "go hard fast and short" approach.

There were plans to create tent hospitals and staff them with a mixture of civillian and ADF staff. I know this as fact. Is it something that could be implemented now? Dare say so with two weeks notice. Is it sustainable, who know?

Lockdowns definitely are not. People dont comply, with the high rate of infection, lockdown becomes ineffective.

The decision to only allow tradies outside certain LGAs to work as of Saturday is going to create even more divide and non-compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.