Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As I said bro its an extremely rough guess on my behalf
Na I get it. I’d rather numbers come out purely on eligibility of vaccinations. Which puts us a lot higher. It’s not so important to the younger pop as the older pop, yet. If we get say age 50’s and over at a high percentage rate, to me that’s enough to then manage the situation. Going off whole population statistics is irrelevant

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note. I have no idea what the debate is about but I can guarantee you that you're all wrong. Also, you're all right. And alright.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Side note. I have no idea what the debate is about but I can guarantee you that you're all wrong. Also, you're all right. And alright.
So basically you think people should act responsibly when it comes to limiting the spread of COVID, check nuts every 3 days (if applicable) and avoid skateboarding.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, we were talking about it the other day. Got it mixed up with the other Sydney removalists. This is the group that spread Covid to Victoria. The other group went to Orange. The one where their mother died of Covid and their dad has it too. Apparently they're still being charged which is sad because it seems like it was just a mistake.
I thought this was the one where the mother died. I thought they were all the same removalists.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Infections still high end of last week daily average 40k:
View attachment 27403
But very low death rate due to high vax %.
~70% one shot, 55% fully vaxxed.
View attachment 27405
Early days but early signs positive.
Compare that to us at 30% & 13% respectively.
That’s why we have to get the vax % up to end the lockdowns. But tell that to the InstaHero protesters.
That graphs outdated now but. Wonder what there last rolling seven days has been. If they succeed which I think they will, and good on Boris for having some balls it’s a blueprint

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately I fear it'll take a while before we reached those figures, there's no doubt the federal government has dropped the ball massively on vaccinations. We probably won't get to 30/70 until we get enough Pfizer doses for the under 40s which at present is months away.
I disagree there are plenty of vaccines available, it’s peoples reluctance to get them holding us back. I’ve had mates under 30 get the Pfizer already. I talk to old blokes at work, and they say I haven’t even looked into it yet.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I cancelled a trip to the Barossa in September for a 50th birthday. Gotta say Qantas were good - 100% FF point refund (in my account) same day and the cash component 100% refunded in the next couple of days - no questions asked, which considering how many flights (especially ex-SYD) aren’t operating right now and how much cash they must be hemorrhaging is pretty good in my view.
Ouch, 50!! What’s it like?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So ur thinking it will be a disaster?? I think they’ve done the right thing, personally..
No, not necessarily.....I think there will be a spike in cases, but vaccinated people do seem much less likely to develop severeb symptoms according to current info.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, not necessarily.....I think there will be a spike in cases, but vaccinated people do seem much less likely to develop severeb symptoms according to current info.
So cases are completely irrelevant. It should be based on death toll. I agree also, actually the more numbers and low death rates is a win win. Herd immunity on the way

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That graphs outdated now but. Wonder what there last rolling seven days has been. If they succeed which I think they will, and good on Boris for having some balls it’s a blueprint
Only 3-4 days old but yeah, new data daily.
They went hard on vax but they kinda had to after so many infections and deaths and a 7 month lockdown. The opposite applied to us because prior to this outbreak we were pretty much normal and then had the perfect storm of complacency, lack of supply and hesitancy after the AZ clotting issue. Sigh.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So cases are completely irrelevant. It should be based on death toll. I agree also, actually the more numbers and low death rates is a win win. Herd immunity on the way
Yeah, I don't think we're ever going to fully eradicate the virus.....the idea is that once vaccinations hit a certain level, symptoms will be much less serious and life will be able to go on as normal.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
At least if you're on the train to work, you don't have to concern yourself over whether the person sitting next to you is checking his balls. This whole cancer comparison you are drawing is pretty bizarre, dude. Even for you.
50,000 people die from cancer in a year in australia, no national emergency, no cancer report each day about how many people have died from cancer

so 2 people die from covid and its in the news, about 130 people died from cancer yesterday, 130 today, 130 tomorrow, 130 thursday and 130 friday give or take

im just highlighting the differences in opinion, one is normal and the other is special

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently lockdown extended for another 4 weeks announcement tomorrow, not official but definitely would not be surprised
WTF!! Coast included u reckon, we currently have 0.002% of our population with covid. Construction sites etc included, people be going nuts I reckon if this the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.