Opinion Anyone else slightly concerned about who we play 7?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Worried would be an understatement. We need to go all out for benji on a one year deal and to try and find a long term 7 for 2023.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Burton was to be 6. I just dont think he is a 7. I think he'll be a weapon with the signings we have coming.
I like Avo but currently he isnt the answer for us next year and with the signings that the Club has made, we need a 7. We need a cunning game manager.
BBO looks flash but is he ready to be thrown to the wolves? He looks like the future. He looks confident but I dunno, is it a risk worth taking that may damage his development? Im not that cluey with footy so I honestly dunno.
I do think it is imperative to have a proven 7 next year though.
The Club is making all the right moves for 2022.
I feel alot more confident with both Gus and Baz at the Club. I certainly wont be questioning whatever halves they field next year regardless of who they are.
I reckon give BBO a go. I mean you won’t know if we don’t try. If we have a great pack hopefully he’ll thrive like Sam Walker does for the rorters

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worried would be an understatement. We need to go all out for benji on a one year deal and to try and find a long term 7 for 2023.
I’m starting to come around to this idea, we really need an experienced head in the spine

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we're considering Benji then might as well make a play for Maloney who's heaps better.

He took Catalans to the Semi Final last year. Bring him over on a 2 year term.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're considering Benji then might as well make a play for Maloney who's heaps better.

Maloney would be great too. Actually Maloney would be better. He always plays better when he’s the underdog.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon we going to hunt for a experienced half, even Gould said on a podcast that a good start to good club is junior development, and then u buy some guys like ur James maloneys to help young halves

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
major concern for me if burton touch wood but if he does an ACL or something and is out for a good part of the season, what happens then , who we got as a back up etc for a halves combo to keep us competitive
Then we put out an APB for Lachlan Lewis to come & save us & take us to the finals!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m starting to come around to this idea, we really need an experienced head in the spine
Yeah, he’s still playing good footy too. I don’t see whst we have to lose.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I’d be more than happy with that too. Either way we need experience in our spine. Specifically hooker or halves.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
yeah boo im worried as yo,
all these other teams jivin in d spine and here we is Averillo and shit and what if burton is no good?

will be 4 more years on death row yo.

We got the OG backline and we bling if the balls out wide and we in space and forwards is starting to pump out the fibre needed 4 life but what good is a coalmine with no back office?

is all comin down to Burton yo but its a team effirt and this scary

get a good hooker and we see but yeah whats good.
Bro, gotta ask. Are you Lebanese, Palestinian, Indian, Bangladeshi or seemingly now, African American?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t care about 7 for now. 7 and 9 will be the weakest on field but the rest are good enough for us to be in the 8 if/when Vaughn signs. Pressure on Baz for real in first 8 games in 2022.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
7 is a big issue , moving forward we might need to tap into Flanagan . As he does have a good short kicking game . ( burton has the long kicking game )

I’d go with early rounds of the season next year ( assuming we sign Vaughan and only him for next year )
Dufty
Addocarr
Schoupp/ Naden
Averillo
Cotric
Burton
Flanagan
Pangai jr
Jmk
Vaughan
Jackson
Elliot
Thompson

Rfm
Hetherington
Ava
Bbo

I know people will say pangai edge ( I disagree he defends a lot better through the middle) always a option to rotate but I think we are thin through the middle more so . Rfm can sub on and shift Jacko back to the middle .

It’s a better balance . For me Naden is not a shoe in to make fg , very average player . Hope he proves me wrong and kills it with us .

With the side we have next year a Brett kimmorley would’ve been perfect for us lol