The New Thread for Paul Vaughan

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I’m looking at it logically mate he’s a proven liability. If he gets paid anything this year it should come out of next years contract which shouldn’t be as high as $400k. There is nothing he can offer any club this year so you’d be signing him just to exhaust his suspension before the start of the year no cash incentive.
Yeah exactly, part of the agreed upon salary should be front loaded to get him into the squad this season do he can start next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not saying Hetherington is great or good or what ever but he's not as bad as what you think Beast.

I also don't like comparing what a starting prop does to what a bench prop does, because one is against fresh guys, the other isn't.

I personally think Hetheringtin is coming along well, my only issue with him is he's a lunatic, which I like and don't like lol. It will hurt the team which I don't like, but I love that type of shit always have.

Anyway, I think since his return from suspension he's been going good.
No he defenitely is. Compare him to a starting prop then. Thompson played TWO extra minutes yet made 14 extra tackles, missed none, made 2 extra runs and wasn't running at Sam Walker on the edge to pad his post contact metres.

Hetherington isn't dynamic enough or work hard enough, doesn't start at prop for any other team in the middle. Most overrated player in the game.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he defenitely is. Compare him to a starting prop then. Thompson played TWO extra minutes yet made 14 extra tackles, missed none, made 2 extra runs and wasn't running at Sam Walker on the edge to pad via post contact metres.

Hetherington isn't dynamic enough or work hard enough, doesn't start at prop for any other team in the middle. Most overrated player in the game.
I can't judge him against one of the best props in the comp either, well statistically one of the best.

Hetherington is 30 games in, I judge him on that.

He shouldn't be starting. He at this stage is a bench prop for his development.

Hes a lunatic, and needs to cut all thatshit out.

I think he's gone pretty good in a shitty team.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pangai Jr should be a priority signing ahead of Paul Vaughan. Wouldnt mind signing him if he comes cheap. He was once upon a time one of the top tier props playing rep footy. Could turn out to be a handy pickup if he gets his attitude sorted.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't judge him against one of the best props in the comp either, well statistically one of the best.

Hetherington is 30 games in, I judge him on that.

He shouldn't be starting. He at this stage is a bench prop for his development.

Hes a lunatic, and needs to cut all thatshit out.

I think he's gone pretty good in a shitty team.
Then who do you want to judge him alongside? I've gone through a fair few props and it's the same story with him always falling short. The only genuinely good game he played was against Souths, a game were he actually made an impact with the ball and carted it up through the middle and built some momentum. That should be what we're getting every week from him but he isn't even close.

I agree he shouldn't be starting, bench prop at absolute best. But I don't agree that he's doing well in a shitty team and would say I think he's a reason why we're a shitty team. Wouldn't start at many top sides and would struggle to make their bench. That goes for a lot of our players but for some reason Hetherington looked upon favourably. You don't need to look any further than the 321's against Roosters...the amount of people giving Hetherington points when Ogden was clearly better was beyond ridiculous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Paul Crawley and that other **** on the 360 panel just blasted us for going after Vaughan. Fuck me these blokes
Well they're right...like I said Baz carried on about the players breaking Covid protocol yet he has gone out and signed Dufty and now chasing Vaughan.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If it pisses these journos off, all the more reason to get them.
F**k them they don't care when we done the right thing and let players go for indiscretions.
That’s the point. Being good gets you nowhere like the CHN drama so be hood

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh where was the hate for raiders signing chn? Fuck off *****.

Makes me want him to sign with us more.

Get Pangai done and sort Vaughan on a cheap 2 year deal.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the roosters sign a player like this it gets put up as a redemption story a few months down the track.

I hope the club think about what’s best for us, look at the individual and if he ticks the boxes shut out the media noise.