The New Thread for Paul Vaughan

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For those who only want to talk about Paul Vaughan.
PS Sorry CBB I created this before you locked the other one. Block if that's the best way to go.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure I’m sold on Vaughan. However if at write price he will have a point to prove which could work in our favour.
if we get TPJ and as was mentioned earlier Meehan we don’t need to sell the farm for Vaughan.
if we get him it’s a bonus

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
vaughan is no worse than the other 11 players imo, it was just his place they used. In saying that, due to his record, you wouldnt want to be paying overs.
as Moore always said, you cant have too many middles as we call them these days. I think TPJ is more a target myself, as i see him as a middle.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe Vaughan is someone we need size and experience wise, we could secure him at a heavily discounted rate based on two key factors 1) he is suspended for the next 8 games so he could come over this year on a pro-rata contract for the games he’s available and propose two years 700k @ 350k a season thereafter as “reasonable” for both sides.
2) At his age and with his COVID wrap sheet, suitors are limited.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take him at a reduced rate better then the alleged rugby league players we have on our books and to be fair a Jesse Bromwich or James fisher Harris isn’t gonna beg to sign at the mighty bulldogs

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What bs was gonna on this morning CBB ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure I’m sold on Vaughan. However if at write price he will have a point to prove which could work in our favour.
if we get TPJ and as was mentioned earlier Meehan we don’t need to sell the farm for Vaughan.
if we get him it’s a bonus
What happened to news on Meehan?
Is it still a thing?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What happened to news on Meehan?
Is it still a thing?
Not sure. There was some info going round he had signed. Some saying cleared by nrl some saying not.
he’s a bog body with good skill but not sure how he will go being out the game so long.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure. There was some info going round he had signed. Some saying cleared by nrl some saying not.
he’s a bog body with good skill but not sure how he will go being out the game so long.
So just another media story with no real flesh on the bones? No announcement from the club?

No one seen him touring the facilities? ;)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@BEAST MODE
Be good if you would re-post that info you put up comparing Atoni/Vaughan pls

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d take him. One dumb moment does not define a blokes career or character. We extended Adam Elliott FFS after the Mad Monday AND Lichaas Mrs Drama. We aren’t some beacon of morality here. As long as he’s learned from his mistakes and is ready to move forward I would gladly take him. Premiership seasons are built on talent that you get below market rate/ out performing their value. Vaughny on a cut price deal is exactly what our pack needs.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
vaughan is no worse than the other 11 players imo, it was just his place they used. In saying that, due to his record, you wouldnt want to be paying overs.
as Moore always said, you cant have too many middles as we call them these days. I think TPJ is more a target myself, as i see him as a middle.
Yeah bullfrog had 2 sayings about forwards.
1. If you think you have enough forwards buy 1 more.
2. You need 6 props. 2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 2 suspended.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bro look what he did was wrong. But it’s not like some of the premier forwards of our competition have the best off-field track record.
Exhibit A (Jesse Bromwich & Kevin Proctor snorting coke) LOL apparently Melbourne are moral warriors
7FE53E65-51B6-4D8C-BBF0-E7F6FE391C3E.jpeg
Exhibit B (Matt Lodge rampage)
0D3DDDB2-F1F5-4FA4-A605-C5EC2C862F1A.jpeg
Exhibit C (Payne Haas abuses police)

Exhibit D (Paul Gallen ASADA scandal)

Exhibit E Addin Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles)

On January 19, Fonua-Blake was charged with assaulting his girlfriend and was stood down by the Dragons. He was sacked by the Dragons in June after pleading guilty to the charge.

Exhibit F John Sutton and Luke Burgess (Rabbitohs)

In February 2015, it was revealed that Rabbitohs captain John Sutton and player Luke Burgess were arrested in Arizona on November 30. A bouncer allegedly told Sutton to leave an Arizona bar. Sutton allegedly became restless and Burgess got into a fight with the bouncer. Images were released of the pair handcuffed. The bouncer eventually dropped all charges after reaching an agreement with the two players.

Exhibit G Juniour Paulo Eels

In October 2016, Junior Paulo pleaded guilty to a road-rage incident in October 2015. The young prop’s licence was suspended for 12 months and fined $1300.
Addin Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles)

On January 19, Fonua-Blake was charged with assaulting his girlfriend and was stood down by the Dragons. He was sacked by the Dragons in June after pleading guilty to the charge.

now, without excusing Vaughn’s behaviour - I’d take Haas, Paulo, Blake and Bromwich anyway. I don’t think they’ll be bad for my team culture. So why would Vaughn. I’m sick of this fox sports + channel 9 rubbish.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are linked to Vaughan and pangi jnr. We still won’t
Get any of them guaranteed!