The New Thread for Paul Vaughan

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt it. Especially for a guy that’s going to be suspended for 8 weeks
Question is will NrL register him for this year ?
Does the 8 week suspension start from now Uleh or when he signs up?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying Hetherington is great or good or what ever but he's not as bad as what you think Beast.

I also don't like comparing what a starting prop does to what a bench prop does, because one is against fresh guys, the other isn't.

I personally think Hetheringtin is coming along well, my only issue with him is he's a lunatic, which I like and don't like lol. It will hurt the team which I don't like, but I love that type of shit always have.

Anyway, I think since his return from suspension he's been going good.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying Hetherington is great or good or what ever but he's not as bad as what you think Beast.

I also don't like comparing what a starting prop does to what a bench prop does, because one is against fresh guys, the other isn't.

I personally think Hetheringtin is coming along well, my only issue with him is he's a lunatic, which I like and don't like lol. It will hurt the team which I don't like, but I love that type of shit always have.

Anyway, I think since his return from suspension he's been going good.

Hetherington is got some mongrel in him. He makes decent metres in a struggling team. His one of the quickests forwards in the NRL. Only problem I have with him is that he gives away alot of penalties, coughs up the ball and gets suspended often.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
i thought nrl wouldn’t register him
Regardless why would anyone want him?
Played ONE game for the Chooks SEVEN years ago.
Had two train and trial contracts with the Eagles and Eels since and both released him. I don’t think this rumour ever had merit but at 25 and with so long out of the game it seems highly unlikely.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Question is will NrL register him for this year ?
Does the 8 week suspension start from now Uleh or when he signs up?
If he has to serve his 8 weeks suspension after signing with a new club I probably wouldn’t bother. The $400k being tossed up in here is massive overs for a guy who will miss 1/3 of a season. We need to come out firing as close to full strength as possible next year not have guys missing as we have this year.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he has to serve his 8 weeks suspension after signing with a new club I probably wouldn’t bother. The $400k being tossed up in here is massive overs for a guy who will miss 1/3 of a season. We need to come out firing as close to full strength as possible next year not have guys missing as we have this year.
You're not looking at it the right way. Sign him this year for say $100k, get him in and around the team this season, serve his 8 games and have him for say $300k next season.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had two train and trial contracts with the Eagles and Eels since and both released him. I don’t think this rumour ever had merit but at 25 and with so long out of the game it seems highly unlikely.
More than a rumour DD. SBW has taken him under his wing of late. This is his 2nd opportunity with the Club- back in ‘19 he was training with our then feeder Club Cabramatta in Ron Massey it lasted 2x games.
Fitness/conditioning not an issue & has distanced himself from previous cohorts. Seems more humble these days…….time will tell.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We sign him this year for nothing to eat up the suspension

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Kids all over the Bankstown area;
1E8F6809-E9E8-4307-8A8C-95C712D3699C.jpeg
please bring Paul Vaughan to the dogs. He is an astute acquisition and makes metres and is good player. At the right price he would slot on beautifully

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
More than a rumour DD. SBW has taken him under his wing of late. This is his 2nd opportunity with the Club- back in ‘19 he was training with our then feeder Club Cabramatta in Ron Massey it lasted 2x games.
Fitness/conditioning not an issue & has distanced himself from previous cohorts. Seems more humble these days…….time will tell.
I think the ship has sailed at 25 personally. If he had more games under his belt maybe but train and trial isn’t enough. No idea why the club would give any kudos to SBW and co. Bygones, sure but more a case of forgiven not forgotten. Surprised if it goes anywhere.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree mate. proper waste of money and a spot for someone else, just because he may 'want' to play football doesnt mean he should be given a go based on that. If he wants to make a return, go sign up for Cabramatta again and work your way up. He doesnt have any prior form to suggest hes worth a train and trial, what he did 7 years ago is now obsolete as the game is nowhere near the same. I think it would be silly for us to give him a crack unless he was training and trialling for free

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We sign him this year for nothing to eat up the suspension
If he agrees yes. If someone else wants to pay more then laters bro. Huge loss of salary for him & wouldn’t be surprised if he just goes to the highest bidder.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not looking at it the right way. Sign him this year for say $100k, get him in and around the team this season, serve his 8 games and have him for say $300k next season.
I think I’m looking at it logically mate he’s a proven liability. If he gets paid anything this year it should come out of next years contract which shouldn’t be as high as $400k. There is nothing he can offer any club this year so you’d be signing him just to exhaust his suspension before the start of the year no cash incentive.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs get linked to just about every player off contract and don’t get anyone. The only superstar player we’ve bought is JAC
I know where you’re coming from but don’t believe that all the links are genuine attempts from the club. A lot of info in the media is false. I’d also say that the Burton signing is great too, in my opinion the best upcoming half in the game right now. Stay positive buddy, hopefully more good signings on the way !