News Paul Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Wollongong and can tell you that both Vaughn and Dufty only live a few blocks away from Barrett. They can all car pool lol so Baz can keep a closer eye on them that way.

Also, one of Baz’s best mates is Mary McGregor. So obviously Baz would have got all the first hand background checks from Mary on these 2.
Yeah but McGregor actually came out and said that Vaughan was stupid or dumb or something along those lines

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a lockdown defender. Has a big motor. And can make yardage through the middle. Isn’t the player he was 4-5 years ago. But like others have stated on another ball park to Ogden, Britt, atoni and in another universe to Napa.

Decent short term signing if true (2 years max on mid level coin). I’m sure burton and JAC Would appreciate Vaughan and pangai in the squad if possible.

Also you’d think he’d have a point to prove next year after what happened.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We desperately need some forwards, last night was yet another example of us losing the field position battle consistently.

We always struggle to get out of our own half.
Or the top teams know how to be continuously inside the 5-10m and not get penalised with 6 agains. The minute our boys try it they get caned by the ref *****

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign Vaughan, thats it im done being a long suffering dogs supporter.
But when CHN did what he did, raiders signed him. Barba mental breakdown and he signed with broncos. Don’t get it, he will probably get a one year deal Like dufty and prove everyone wrong and earn his stripes again. Could yet again be a stop gap for us to chase other marquee players in 2023

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but McGregor actually came out and said that Vaughan was stupid or dumb or something along those lines
He said he’s a good player and decent guy but shouldn’t be in a leadership group, he should just be allowed to play the game with no added responsibility.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 .5 year deal for Vaughan club option for the 2nd year can’t hurt us yes he is a dickhead for the party but we can get him at reduced rate won’t hurt at worst we have him for one full season with the 2nd a club option with behavioural clauses in it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you really think under 400K that would be a very good deal.
I thought he would demand more but only guessing TBH
I guess it depends on who else chases him. I wouldn’t want to go much higher than $400k.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the whole suspension thing odd. He gets 8 weeks while under contract and then subsequently gets sacked. For me I think as long as he doesn't play again this year (which the NRL has that power via not authorising a 2021 contract) then if he signs one for 2022 then he shouldn't have to sit out for 8 weeks. All it's doing is penalising the next club. I mean he will miss the rest of the season already and then lost a few hundred k already? Thoughts?
You raised a good point surely his status regarding the 8 week suspension would have to be clarified by the NRL prior to any contract talks.
It’s a long stint on the sidelines if it rolls into next year.
I wouldn’t think it’s the case.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont mind.

We need a decent gapfiller in the forwards until we get who we need in the backs/halves.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be happy, to let go of Napa to someone that needs to rewrite history in Vaughn, add Jackson, hetherington, Elliot, Waddell, Thompson, topine and the possibility of pangai open us up to intimidation once again, add dufty, jac, naden, burton, avo, schoupp, manu to a backline of speed then we have improvements and skill, last piece of puzzle is nine and who sits next to burton and Bailey seems to have something 6 or 9 with jmk as the back up, that looks to me like a team I’d be proud of, and that’s in Trent’s 2nd yr, would I be wrong in saying it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas?

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d be happy, to let go of Napa to someone that needs to rewrite history in Vaughn, add Jackson, hetherington, Elliot, Waddell, Thompson, topine and the possibility of pangai open us up to intimidation once again, add dufty, jac, naden, burton, avo, schoupp, manu to a backline of speed then we have improvements and skill, last piece of puzzle is nine and who sits next to burton and Bailey seems to have something 6 or 9 with jmk as the back up, that looks to me like a team I’d be proud of, and that’s in Trent’s 2nd yr, would I be wrong in saying it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas?

When the Dogs were successful back in 2002-2006.

We had Asotasi, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, Ryan and SBW that put fear in teams in attack and defense. Then decade later we had Kasiano, Pritchard and Klemmer. After that our forward pack is like a bunch of poptarts...

We need some grunt and mongrel back in the forward pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.