News Paul Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi guys,first post on the kennel but long time doggies supporter for over 40 years.Read kennel everyday and absolutely love it ,great platform for everyone to express their views on our mighty club.I reckon Paul Vaughan on 1 year deal at right price could be a good move,would give us a bit of grunt up front that we sorely miss all to often.
Welcome aboard. One word of advice, click on that ignore button on the Nasheed account, you won't regret it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon smith is still under contract for 22. I think it’s up to the Melbourne to release him to take a deal with us. I reckon we won’t hear anything until November as we can officially begin talks.We need him secured for 2023.
Yep it’s tough to give a deadline on a deal you are not actually allowed to offer

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like media treat us fairly anyway, may as well play the part and sign the dumb shit

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the penalty? 8 weeks or being sacked? I wouldn't imagine you could be penalised twice + the police fine.
If he doesn’t get picked up until next year he has to apply to the NRL to have those 8 games counted in 2021.

Pretty sure it would get through. No one is signing him this year to sit on his ass for 8 weeks

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he doesn’t get picked up until next year he has to apply to the NRL to have those 8 games counted in 2021.

Pretty sure it would get through. No one is signing him this year to sit on his ass for 8 weeks
Why not? sign him for 1 1/3 seasons & he gets paid for 1 season. The benefit is that he serves the suspension this year & is up & running next.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what is the penalty? 8 weeks or being sacked? I wouldn't imagine you could be penalised twice + the police fine.
8 weeks from the Nrl
Sacked from the club
Getting sacked from the club has nothing to do with the nrl.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think journos have said that Vaughan will serve his 8 games as being sacked if someone signs him for next year only

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vaughan is miles ahead of ogden napa and hetherington. So would be a decent buy
Agree, if we can pick up this guy for 3-400k, that’s a good buy particularly since we need an experienced big man. Thompson and Vaughn would be a nice front row.. one of TPJ or Finucane next please… cherry on top = hectic cheese

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the right price could be a decent buy. Hopefully being punted from St Merge is enough of a wake up call for him.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klem turned his back on us and left. I don’t want him back.
Its business mate... He is out of form at the moment but his post contact metres when he is playing well.... yes please.
I'd think hes worth 650k - 700 these days. In a different class to our current plodders

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypocritical as fuck to sign him but fuck it, for the right price I’m down to bring paesano here.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did that go for him. Was going cause it was a winning culture hahahahah we are on the rebuild and Newcastle at best top bottom 8 side. Hope we win a trophy soon to rub it in all the players who denied us and walked out on us in the past.

On another note, dragons got our captain so it’s time for some love in return. Vaughn and dufty don’t even equal the same value as graham was.
Yes,but graham left because of salary cap issues,he was on a backended contract,the club I think contributed half his contract,for 2 years at dragons,together dufty and Vaughan,would come in around,the million that graham was on,in the final year.

Status
Not open for further replies.