Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t care if Roosters put 100 on us

The fact Napa skipped training and broke covid protocol and still got named is staggering/lack of leadership at the club

The board obviously accepted his reasons and the coach and skipper followed

This club is a fkn tent show
Maybe it’s a farewell game.....

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have said, this is a disgusting and weak move by the club. Fair enough results count and 66-0 is embarrassing.

But Napa has robbed the club for 3 years. He is getting top dollar and delivering below what a minimum contract would. Plays with no heart.

Goes out, gets pissed, misses training, does not even get suspended. Missed 1 game due to protocols and is rushed back in? I have supported baz and the board since day dot. But this is the wrong message to send to players, fans and sponsors.

They basically said walk over us, spit on us, but it’s ok. There is no consequence for your actions besides a tiny fine and having to face the board.

This should have been the excuse to sack him. Not let him front up in the clubs colours for the next 2 months putting in no effort and getting full pay until we “send him off” at our last home game like he has achieved something at our club.

We are supposedly Bulldogs but we just acted like pussies with this decision.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t get it baz is not doing himself any favours with this team… I just wanna know what he is thinking, this is his last opportunity to coach in the nrl

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't like the make up of the team either. But would the arm-chair experts on here tell me who they would prefer.
I don't think the club is absolutely filled with options.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep the 46-0 drubbing they got last week wont help us. Nor will Radley being back. Manu also carves up at fullback so its likely to be a long night.

I will fucking scream though if Sam Walker throws cut out passes like DCE does last week and Katoa is 20 metres infield. Surely that left edge will be better than last week
Katoa has rushed in for no reason every game he's played. It won't change now. I have zero faith in Baz or any other coach addressing it. Like you said, Walker and Manu will have a field day down that side.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m thinking baz out lol too many strikes against him this year even with a dog shit squad
Lol didn’t take you long to change your tune. You were his biggest fan yesterday! Come on Alzz stay solid bra

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fans have been let down big time by this club especially in the past couple of weeks, it keeps getting worse

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol didn’t take you long to change your tune. You were his biggest fan yesterday! Come on Alzz stay solid bra
I never said I was his biggest fan, I said I would give him the same amount as pay, but this team lineup is another strike against his name

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like others have said, this is a disgusting and weak move by the club. Fair enough results count and 66-0 is embarrassing.

But Napa has robbed the club for 3 years. He is getting top dollar and delivering below what a minimum contract would. Plays with no heart.

Goes out, gets pissed, misses training, does not even get suspended. Missed 1 game due to protocols and is rushed back in? I have supported baz and the board since day dot. But this is the wrong message to send to players, fans and sponsors.

They basically said walk over us, spit on us, but it’s ok. There is no consequence for your actions besides a tiny fine and having to face the board.

This should have been the excuse to sack him. Not let him front up in the clubs colours for the next 2 months putting in no effort and getting full pay until we “send him off” at our last home game like he has achieved something at our club.

Well said. This deserves a Best Post..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Its disgusting that they have named Napa
Now that they’ve been issued notice to appear before the board, possible chance of Napa getting sacked in coming days given he was the alleged ringleader? The last time I recall a notice to appear before the board was Ryan Tandy who didn’t front and was then sacked.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are any of the 5 named?!

This makes absolutely no sense. Especially Napa who also decided to miss training as well.

God our club is weak as piss. If this is how we punish players for breaking the rules every single player that comes here will end up with an attitude problem.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep really good post mate. I support Baz as well but this is a mistake.

I am happy for the others to be bought back given injuries and suspensions but not him. In what world does he think he can skip training given his performances over the past 3 years ??

Napa will have zero impact on the result this week. Zilch. Nothing. I actually think the decision should have been taken out of Trent’s hands. A board or CEO with any clue would have suspended him. Hopefully our general manager of football steps in before Saturday and makes that decision.

Oh hang on, we don’t fucking have one.