Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hardly his fault, look at how we defend. I'm comfortable saying he's a better defender than either Stimson or Waddell.
The short defensive line and line speed worked v Penrith first half, dragons all game and Parra first half.

It turned into a shitshow with Topine, Flanagan, Manu and T Katoa last week. The whole edge needs to work together. The line was way way too short and too slow making decisions to come up.

I am very surprised that Flanagan was named today because Wakeham had been holding that edge up well defending 3 in.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Started in R1 for us last season I’m pretty sure but picked up an injury in that game. He’s really played fuck all footy for us, 7 games only - mostly limited minutes from the bench.

This will be a good opportunity for him.
I thought so... I know Pay played him through the middle and now Barrett seems to think the same. Im actually interested to see how he goes considering he is a decent line running edge back rower.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started in R1 for us last season I’m pretty sure but picked up an injury in that game. He’s really played fuck all footy for us, 7 games only - mostly limited minutes from the bench.

This will be a good opportunity for him.
I remember the Cowboys game in Round 2 last year when he defended on the edge at a scrum and Scott Drinkwater ran around him like he was a fuckin traffic cone.

In saying that though he cant do any worse than the blokes last weekend.

We are so desperately short of edge backrowers. People calling for Jacko to play there forget how bad he was last year on the edge. His future should be at lock and nowhere else.

Elliott is ordinary, Waddell and Stimson very ordinary, Topine and Doorey have showed very little on the edge, RFM never plays. Of course we need middle forwards but I actually think we need edge forwards just as much. We get torn apart on the edges every week because of the lack of leg speed in our backrow.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're desperate for a win. That's the only reason they're back.
And if we don't win or atleast put up a fight against a weak out of form roosters side then we are fuuuuuuucked
That Roosters team still has more then enough fire power to rack up a score on us. Only way we are getting points is if Averillo pulls something out his ass which isn’t exactly reliable.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me sideways….

Is it wrong that I’m hoping COVID shuts down the NRL season? Can our side get any worse?

Katoa in the side makes me physically ill, the second row is a kick in the nuts, all this on the back of JMK being extended it’s like being trapped in a nightmare

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the Cowboys game in Round 2 last year when he defended on the edge at a scrum and Scott Drinkwater ran around him like he was a fuckin traffic cone.

We are so desperately short of edge backrowers. People calling for Jacko to play there forget how bad he was last year on the edge. His future should be at lock and nowhere else.

Elliott is ordinary, Waddell and Stimson very ordinary, Topine and Doorey have showed very little on the edge, RFM never plays. Of course we need middle forwards but I actually think we need edge forwards just as much. We get torn apart on the edges every week because of the lack of leg speed in our backrow.
Yes, I remember that game clearly, it was the first game back playing in front of empty stadium and Drinkwater and co ran around Homer Stimson

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Roosters team still has more then enough fire power to rack up a score on us. Only way we are getting points is if Averillo pulls something out his ass which isn’t exactly reliable.
Yep the 46-0 drubbing they got last week wont help us. Nor will Radley being back. Manu also carves up at fullback so its likely to be a long night.

I will fucking scream though if Sam Walker throws cut out passes like DCE does last week and Katoa is 20 metres infield. Surely that left edge will be better than last week

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The short defensive line and line speed worked v Penrith first half, dragons all game and Parra first half.

It turned into a shitshow with Topine, Flanagan, Manu and T Katoa last week. The whole edge needs to work together. The line was way way too short and too slow making decisions to come up.

I am very surprised that Flanagan was named today because Wakeham had been holding that edge up well defending 3 in.
That was expected, there's absolutely no experience in that lot or anything that resembles any sort of combination. Flanagan and Katoa are also know to be poor defenders.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
2 thoughts.
Wakeham needs to learn how to make at least a flat white. Cannot think of another reason why Floppo is getting another run.
Normally hate the Drags but they've kept us out of the news for a few days. Plus they get Manly on suspension week. The gods are being kind....

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa named wtf…. Stimson and Waddell starting second row? really? And katoa at Hooker what in the flying fuck…

Start atoni and drop Napa all together. Katoa play second row if you have to pick up and start topine Hooker why wouldn’t you try something new. Stimson and Waddell like really…. Get ready guys, a reserve grade roster to slap 30+ on us…

One last thing, Flanagan gets it overe wakeham? Yea they are both shit but Flano is next level shit. Baz is really starting to piss me off

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we can all expect big things this week.
We've finally named a fast, strong, physical and skilful back line.
And what more can you say but WOW seeing the big damaging machines We've got in the backrow, think of all the offloads, line breaks and overlaps these guys will create...
And how could I forget one of the most creative number 9s in the game.

GET EXCITED KENNEL!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I’ll forgive him for that. He picked up a niggle r1, carried it into r2 where he aggravated it further and I think was then out for the remainder of the year?

As I said - good opportunity for him this weekend as he’s had a tough run with injuries and doesn’t deserve the abuse he cops on here for those reasons.

Thought he looked okay last week in his cameo, looked like one of the few who were competent defensively.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep the 46-0 drubbing they got last week wont help us. Nor will Radley being back. Manu also carves up at fullback so its likely to be a long night.

I will fucking scream though if Sam Walker throws cut out passes like DCE does last week and Katoa is 20 metres infield. Surely that left edge will be better than last week
I think you’ll be screaming Katoa doesn’t have a clue how to defend. I don’t think it will be Manly ugly but it will still be ugly.