Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another thing, and I don't know whether it's because I don't pay attention to signing news for other clubs, but would love just once for us to negotiate with a player without it being in the news a month in advance. Can the club try and operate like a professional organization for once? We need to be clear with player managers that we dont want this leaking otherwise we pull the offer. Likewise there are probably too many heroes within Belmore who cant wait to blow their load to anyone who will listen as soon as they get a whiff of us wanting to sign someone.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree
I get a middle forward is needed but fuck me, I sense no plan on actually how they will actually build squad .. from chasing half back to middle forward
If they thought we needed a 7, and we missed out on a 7... why not look around for another 7? Not just 'ah yeah well shit, missed out on a halfback. why dont we look at a middle forward now?' wheres the direction in that?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Heard Cooper Cronk is being followed by Toby Rudolphs brother on Instagram..:tearsofjoy:
What has your insider told you about those new cheerleader signings :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've still signed Burton, Fox and Naden for next season and we missed out on signing Johnson who just last year had an achilles tear. Obviously we need more signings and experience but I'm not going to slit my wrists over this one.

Johnson has mostly played for losing teams in his career. It says a lot that only bottom eight clubs were chasing him even though he was relatively cheap and another struggling club was happy to let him leave.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem, should of got benj, he would of helped, even with his little brother here he still didn’t come over, it’s getting beyond ridiculous!!
Stop whinging. We didn’t offer Benji a contract because we thought Burton would come early. Don’t make it out like Benji turned us down. I’m sure Benji would have jumped at the opportunity to be a starting half, rather than being stuck behind Walker and Reynolds

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Club got played HARD again. Missed Gould. Released DWZ to Warriors to fund SJ. SJ signs with Warriors anyway. LOL
Something is really rotten behind closed doors. We have money to throw and can't close a deal. I'll bet my left one it all revolves around Flanno....legally.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN an explanation please
He doesn't need to explain anything. His oil was good.
You can't do anything about players backflipping last second.
If your posts were 1% informative as Assassins are there would be value in your posts.
Just continue concentrating on what might of been with Pay, the one that got away.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're going to sign Dufty hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha