Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS STAR DENIES REPORTS OF WARRIORS SWITCH

Canterbury fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has denied reports of a mid-season switch to the Warriors.

The Daily Telegraph reported the 25-year-old had played his last game for the Bulldogs after sealing a move to the Warriors on a three-and-a-half year deal.

Watene-Zelezniak has 18 months remaining on his Bulldogs deal, but was reportedly lured to the Warriors to replace Tigers bound winger Ken Maumalo.

However the veteran of 143 NRL games and 12 Tests for the Kiwis took to social media to deny he had played his last game for the Bulldogs.

“Swipe up, follow and come have a chat tonight about someone that has apparently forged my signature,” Watene-Zelezniak wrote on Instagram in reference to reports he had signed a deal with the Warriors.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't believe the 800k salary. Surely the club didn't let these back ended deals happen again after the Hasler disaster. And wtf are we letting him go now? Why are we paying a cent of his salary to play for another club? If this isn't serving another better purpose, we've learnt farken nothing.
About a thousand articles have quoted it mate and the club hasn’t denied it. The previous board did the deal. He is on $800k

The reason we are paying many, many cents next year is to clear cap space to sign someone who is not an outside back. We already have heaps of them and we use the $400k freed up to sign a hooker or middle forward.

Thats the purpose. That’s footy. All clubs pay freight for other players. I don’t know why so many people on here don’t get that

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old board and coach signed him.wasn’t a bad buy back then but hasn’t really shown anything else.like his enthusiasm.the fox and naden will be here next year.I don’t think he figured in Barrett’s plans.
Um......it was a bad buy considering we were paying him big bucks....at 500k he would have been a great buy not at fukin 800k.....when will our club learn

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@gee333..Surplus to our needs and being overpaid that's why the deal was done..and they often happen midseason.Chill all is well.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fcuk this club does shit business... The amount of speculation you see about every signing since Greenberg left is dead set abysmal.
100% agree....what has become of this great club

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thommo is a weapon hes worth every penny dont talk shit, my mate @ASSASSIN can agree
Like I said he's good but he's not worth north of 800K which he may be receiving. For that I'd be expecting someone who makes the difference between us winning and losing a few games at least

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH, DWZ gave everything every game.The ridiculous money he is on shows why the rebuild has taken so long and why we are in the position that we are. The previous board signed DWZ to a contract which put him in the top 15 highest paid players in the game when he wouldn't be in the top 100 of NRL players. We are lucky that whoever signed off on that is not around anymore.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let me ask you this. Where does he fit in our side next year with cotric and Jac on the wings? If the answer is nowhere then would you rather keep him on 800k or let him go and have another 400k to use elsewhere?
So it wasn’t Pay’s cup of coffee and a chat with DWZ that convinced him to come to the dogs. It was the cccaaaasssshhhh!!!

I knew Pay wasn’t a player magnet.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirms although he'll show up at belmore for training tomorrow he's leaving as dogs have other plans