Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Forward not laying a foundation ?

I think you’ll find for the last 3 weeks that they have .

The other points I agree with and it’s the fact we lack quality in the spine that’s exaggerated the poor performances.

I believe Jonson and Burton halves combo is a mouth watering prospect as it gives you experience and creativity in abundance.

Dummy half is still an issue but I think with experience in the halves where they can take more control it doesn’t become a bigger issue.
I think with the pace of the game it suites JMK but there needs to be someone taking control.
It’s one of our big issues at the moment. None of our halves can take control and direct in the final 3rd

Fullback has been our Achilles heel since barba.

He was the difference in us being a top 4 contender to just a run of mill team which we have been since .
You’re right. My point about the forwards was specifically with regard to Allen and why he hasn’t been able to replicate his Bunnies form at Belmore. But he’s been out for 6 weeks. Thommo has been going well all year since he returned from suspension and I think Hetho has been good since his return too. In terms of fullback, if it’s true Baz intends to play Avo there (and that fits with DWZ gone and potentially Meaney), he can certainly run and potentially provide some spark there. He’s tried his best at 7 but he’s not a halfback. Also agree re: JMK in the absence of anyone else so maybe it’s a case of a focus of strengthening the halves for 2022, replacing Napa up front and then looking for a top notch hooker for 2023.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think our issues run right through:

- Forwards not laying a foundation
- Less than stellar service from dummy half
- Inexperienced halves not providing backline options

If that keeps up even quality like the Fox will struggle. So I’m happy to cut players like Allen a bit of a break for now - until we can improve other key areas.
he dummy half is a huge issue I'll grant that but he was brought as a fullback, and lets be frank he was awful there. Positioning is dreadful, and support play non existent. You don't have to have a good no9 to do these two. That's my main issue. Then we say...well he's not a fullback. Okay, fine...but we are paying fullback money basically. Surely at some point I'm holding him accountable and even more so at his price tag.