Opinion Kyle Flanagan deserves another chance.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"Don’t forget he’s still young with something like 30 first grade games to his name"
That's an argument for those that accept mediocrity. How young is Sam Walker? How many first grade games did he have to play before he created tries and made an impact?
Answer: 18 and 0.
Agree 1000% but don't forget Burton lol

Some young kids burst onto the scene and they kill it and some are plodders but people keep making the "they're young and inexperienced" excuse to cover up the fact that they're crap. The kid just doesn't have it. The club seems to have figured it out and are trying to move on. Good job

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"Don’t forget he’s still young with something like 30 first grade games to his name"
That's an argument for those that accept mediocrity. How young is Sam Walker? How many first grade games did he have to play before he created tries and made an impact?
Answer: 18 and 0.
Put Sam Walker into this current bulldogs team and tell me how he goes

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put Sam Walker into this current bulldogs team and tell me how he goes
Do you not realise that Sam Walker has not yet played in a full strength Chooks line up? Chooks had half a dozen or so players out injured when Walker played. No Keary, Cordner, Verills, Lam and co. He had to play alongside another rookie 5/8 in Hutchinson. Walker is killing it in his FIRST year in first grade.
Put Flanno in the Chooks team and tell me how he'll go. Wait, he did last year and he flopped badly. Any more excuses Mr Flannagan?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you not realise that Sam Walker has not yet played in a full strength Chooks line up? Chooks had half a dozen or so players out injured when Walker played. No Keary, Cordner, Verills, Lam and co. He had to play alongside another rookie 5/8 in Hutchinson. Walker is killing it in his FIRST year in first grade.
Put Flanno in the Chooks team and tell me how he'll go. Wait, he did last year and he flopped badly. Any more excuses Mr Flannagan?
If that’s how you want to look at it, they still made the finals wanker.

Not a full strength line up at the roosters is still better than most NRL teams. Tedesco, Morris, Manu, Tupou, Hargreaves, Chrichton, Taukeiaho are all rep players and have been there most of the season. From your list of injured players are you seriously mentioning Lam and Verrills? Keary I understand but the others? Trying to make a convincing argument you gotta do better than that. Oh wait, if it makes you feel better when you bitch then go for it.

My point was that certain players perform better in certain teams. Eg. Corey Allan was killing it at Souths. How many duds have Melbourne signed and turned them into stars? If you’ve been watching NRL long enough you’d be able to see this.

Last edited:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s how you want to look at it, they still made the finals wanker.

Not a full strength line up at the roosters is still better than most NRL teams. Tedesco, Morris, Manu, Tupou, Hargreaves, Chrichton, Taukeiaho are all rep players and have been there most of the season. From your list of injured players are you seriously mentioning Lam and Verrills? Keary I understand but the others? Trying to make a convincing argument you gotta do better than that. Oh wait, if it makes you feel better when you bitch then go for it.

My point was that certain players perform better in certain teams. Eg. Corey Allan was killing it at Souths. How many duds have Melbourne signed and turned them into stars? If you’ve been watching NRL long enough you’d be able to see this.
You're a few baskets short of a picnic dickhead.
Friend was out for many weeks due to concussion and now he's retired. Backup hooker Verills also out injured for weeks. Lam is second rate half and he was out injured. So Walker has been playing with a 3rd string 5/8 AND a 3rd string hooker and he still killed it in his FIRST game of first grade. While you're still defending your mate Flanno, Hargreaves was out suspended for a while and Teddy and Morris have missed a few weeks due to injury.
So what you're implying is that Flanno is a better HB than Walker? Seriously? You are an idiot.
Your arguments and excuses are pathetic because you're the wanker. Grow a brain and stop wasting my time.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a few baskets short of a picnic dickhead.
Friend was out for many weeks due to concussion and now he's retired. Backup hooker Verills also out injured for weeks. Lam is second rate half and he was out injured. So Walker has been playing with a 3rd string 5/8 AND a 3rd string hooker and he still killed it in his FIRST game of first grade. While you're still defending your mate Flanno, Hargreaves was out suspended for a while and Teddy and Morris have missed a few weeks due to injury.
So what you're implying is that Flanno is a better HB than Walker? Seriously? You are an idiot.
Your arguments and excuses are pathetic because you're the wanker. Grow a brain and stop wasting my time.
Lol fuckwit never did I say Flanagan was better than Walker. You’re just an uneducated dickhead if that’s how you interpret it.

I’ll try saying it again in simple words.. some players look better in certain teams. Next time don’t drop out of school in year 3 and you might understand from the first time.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol fuckwit never did I say Flanagan was better than Walker. You’re just an uneducated dickhead if that’s how you interpret it.

I’ll try saying it again in simple words.. some players look better in certain teams. Next time don’t drop out of school in year 3 and you might understand from the first time.
Your weak and pathetic defense of Flanno showed yourself to be the real fuckwit and imbecile You are way out of your depth trying to argue with me.
Facts:
1) Did the Chooks make the right decision to release Flanno? Yes
2) Did the Dogs make the right decision to recruit Flanno? No
3) Is Flanno our long term solution for HB? No
Only you would disagree with the above. If you argree with the above then it shows how ridiculous your previous comments are.
All you have done is gone from a poor argument and dug yourself into a deeper hole with each pathetic post. Respond again and fall deeper into that hole.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Flanagan can come good, he is only young and has only played 32 first grade games. with avo's steady improvement i think he can return and play well
the pressure of the loses got to him a bit but first game against the knights he played well
Computer says No!

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to think he may have spit the dummy and gotten on the wrong side of the coaches, or told them that’s it ‘I want out’.

Maybe TBaz has made a tough early call and we are moving on.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I gotta say I was keen on Flanno when we signed him. We should have seen it as a big red flag when chooks just cut him loose out of the blue.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks as though Flanagan will be playing, probably even starting, If he is picked to play because the club is trying to appease the arseholes who rubbished the club when he cried in front of the cameras after been dropped, Barret and our whole Admin should be sacked.
The best and only place for Flanno at present is in the CC. Or even better back to the Sharks.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You only had to watch walker play this weekend to know why the chooks punted flanno, walker’s tough, resilient and wants the ball in his hands in the big moments. I haven’t seen any of that in flanno TBH

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to turn him into a hooker? The way the game has sped up and relies more an heads up, spontaneous types of half, maybe he could make a go of playing in the 9. He isn't a bad defender, can kick out of dummy half if required and surely should be able to give service from dummy half. Then we sign Shaun Johnson.......

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good that's exactly where he belongs. His not an nrl level half.
Be interesting to watch him today. See if there is anything there in reserves.